Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? - Forum Games - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? (2334 Views)

Decode This Chess Picture / Chess Lovers Let Meet Here / Any Chess Player Around Egbeda Akowanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by Sageboss(m): 12:05am On Apr 21, 2019
" I came back from school today around 4:00pm only to to be told by my roommates that my chess friend had come earlier looking for me. I was really tired, and hungry. But then, that guy was the only reason why i still play this game. He visits me at intervals, even odd hours to catch some few hours at a game we both love. Most times, if not him, i end up not playing games upto a week. Chess players are scarce around my side. I knew i had to be the one visiting him today

. I had #50 on me so I can buy donut nd hold stomach cha. Grabbing my board, i set off to Eziobodo.

. Does chess really exist in Nigeria?

1 Share

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by uchenageme(m): 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
Yes Nigeria has a large chess community. Onlin qnd offline. You can start by downloading Lichess and playing online game. You are sure to see some Nigerians online. Where do you stay?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by Sageboss(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2019
I stay around owerri now. Futo mainly. And well, i meet quite a number of players. However, d tempo is very low. Beisdes, i dont see tournaments around here where someone can compete.
Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by uchenageme(m): 8:16pm On Apr 30, 2019
There are plenty tournaments online. I can introduce you to a whatsapp group with some of the major chess players in the country and they organise online tournaments regularly. But let me test you first to know. My lichess id is uchame, what's yours? Let's play a game or two online

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by Sageboss(m): 12:18am On May 03, 2019
ehm, d tin is, am not really on lichess. however also, am more interested in offline yournaments, as in real life tournament. dats wot am talkin abt. Thank u
Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by budaatum: 10:05pm On May 29, 2019
Join Gameknot and play chess for free

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by alleazardous(m): 10:52pm On Oct 02, 2019
uchenageme:
There are plenty tournaments online. I can introduce you to a whatsapp group with some of the major chess players in the country and they organise online tournaments regularly. But let me test you first to know. My lichess id is uchame, what's yours? Let's play a game or two online
catch me online.... My ID is sulesh
Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by DOBOEFEMENA: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
budaatum:
Join Gameknot and play chess for free

Ok I will check it out.

There are also cool chess games on www.ahagamecenter.com

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by DOBOEFEMENA: 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
Sageboss:
" I came back from school today around 4:00pm only to to be told by my roommates that my chess friend had come earlier looking for me. I was really tired, and hungry. But then, that guy was the only reason why i still play this game. He visits me at intervals, even odd hours to catch some few hours at a game we both love. Most times, if not him, i end up not playing games upto a week. Chess players are scarce around my side. I knew i had to be the one visiting him today

. I had #50 on me so I can buy donut nd hold stomach cha. Grabbing my board, i set off to Eziobodo.

. Does chess really exist in Nigeria?

It "does" exist in Nigeria but usually in small groups.

Which location are you?

I play in 2 islands, on the isaland and in ikorodu in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by Sageboss(m): 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
Thanks guys for the contribution. Well, I personally don't usually play chess online. The feel of that physical tension is quite interesting to me, ND I like seeing the mood of my opponent to decide whether I can use it in a game. That's y I prefer offline game.
Also, I stay around owerri too, FUTO to be precise. If any one is around there, we can arrange a meeting. What do u think guys?
Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by budaatum: 10:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
You should have seen the tension and pressure I was under in this game!

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by Sageboss(m): 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2019
The game looked favourable to you already @budaatum. You had a queen ND Bishop, or was there any tactical brilliancy?
Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by budaatum: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
Sageboss:
The game looked favourable to you already @budaatum. You had a queen ND Bishop, or was there any tactical brilliancy?
I was black, lol! See me strangled at move 42.

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by marostan(m): 9:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Scrabble players in the house, hit the like button. Lemme introduce you the family where we battle it out every weekend.

4 Likes

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by emmyloski125(m): 8:11pm On Oct 20, 2019
marostan:
Scrabble players in the house, hit the like button. Lemme introduce you the family where we battle it out every weekend.

It would be an honour to meet with you guys

1 Like

Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by marostan(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2019
emmyloski125:

It would be an honour to meet with you guys

Okay. Thats cool. Check my sig for my phone number. We can get in touch via that. Meanwhile, i'm in Owerri Imo State.
PS: We make use of any other dictionary aside scrabble dictionary.
Re: Is Chess Existing In Nigeria Really? by Sageboss(m): 8:21am On Oct 29, 2019
grin grin . Great game @budaatum. Play better next time titan

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Download Pes 2022 Iso Ppsspp File - Psp Android & Pc / Give Yourself Qualities. / Solve The Puzzle!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.