Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! (43398 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: How I Quit Schooling Because My Father Disgraced Me / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Reacts To Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Meet Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & Wife, The Man Accused Of Rape By Bukola Dakolo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by 9jahotblog: 1:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
By Banji Ojewale
How time flies! It’s been 10 years since the death of Abiodun Kumuyi, beloved wife of Pastor William Folo-runso Kumuyi, the highly revered General Superint-endent of Deeper Christian Life Ministry.
Late Sister Biodun Kumuyi
When this great woman passed on on April 11, 2009, very few sensed that she had unobtrusively left behind lofty precepts far beyond the ambience of church business. Fewer still were aware that although these ideas were bred in a humble religious cradle, they represented an ans-wer to the suffocating so-phistry of secular man.

Apart from her husband, their two children; Jerry and John along with a cluster of brethren who worked with Biodun or watched her at close quart-ers, there was probably no other person (or group) in the church that had an inkling of the weighty work she was doing as she paced the grounds of Deeper Life Bible Church, Gbagada, Deeper Life Conference Centre, Lagos-Ibadan Exp-ressway and International Bible Training Centre, Ayobo, now converted into Anchor University, the in-stitution promoted by the church and as she travelled worldwide with her spou-se. Majority of Deeper Life Church members and of the larger world may be forgiven if we did not dis-cern her contribution in her lifetime.
This world of decadent values is given to recogni-sing only the voluble and voluminous. Our age cont-emns those who shroud what they do in simplicity and meekness. Society app-roves the showy and up-braids the lowly. It enlists a juggernaut to crush those who stand for self-efface-ment. But to be sure Sister Biodun Kumuyi did not seek man’s approbation. There’s no record she did. Nor is there any that she lamented the lack of popu-lar applause.
She couldn’t have, being fully conscious of her Creator’s more enduring commendation reserved for her hereafter.
Starting with her involve-ment with the Christian Women Mirror Magazine, Mummy (as she was fondly called by the church folk) assembled a team of keen professionals who of course, were in the first instance genuine believers. They shared her vision of deli-vering a monthly journal that would cater for the interest of the women in the church.
We must quickly address a point here to draw an en-during bestowal in this field. Although the magazi-ne started in October 1992 as a forum for the sermons of the pastor, Biodun moved beyond that vision to accommodate other features needed to build a woman into an all-round Christian homemaker.
Under her supervision as she heeded the plan of God for the magazine, the publication became a quiet weapon of evangelism.
By the time Sister Biodun died a decade ago, Christian Women Mirror had become a must-have in almost every home! Although it’s a Deeper Christian Life Ministry effort, it has ceas-ed to be a denominational journal. The reason is be-cause its contents are catholic, rooting fundam-ental Biblical teachings in-to everyday practical use for the woman, her home, church and society.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/ten-years-after-biodun-kumuyi-how-time-flies/

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by JusticeSeeker: 1:45pm On Apr 21, 2019
This woman is a woman of God. She feared God as her creator when she was alive. Rest on Ma.

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by funmijoyb(f): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2019
I will not forget her publications "Christian woman mirror"

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by 9jahotblog: 3:14pm On Apr 21, 2019
funmijoyb:
I will not forget her publications "Christian woman mirror"
yes, Christian Mirror bulletin is still much alive and available today.

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by czarina(f): 4:07pm On Apr 21, 2019
Ten years already! How time flies. Continue to rest in the bosom of the Lord.

82 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by AntiWailer: 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
RIP

She lived by example

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Bonapart(m): 8:57pm On Apr 21, 2019
Keep resting in the bossom of the LORD

18 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by NobleAjare(m): 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Rest on Mum

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by chrisifeanyi: 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
R.I.P

8 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by peteruuu(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Wow! Time waits for no one!

8 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by ugotuf(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Oh! How time flies.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Dhemor(m): 8:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
rip

4 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by AngelicBeing: 9:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by anochuko01(m): 9:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
JI

1 Like

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by neezar: 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
I really missed this woman

very composed and soft spoken

My love for fruits increased cos of her

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by anochuko01(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
We would all see in heaven...

13 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by kamez(m): 9:02pm On Apr 21, 2019
didn't even know that she was dead..

my uncles wife always gives me a copy of the Christian mirror, hence I thought mummy kumuyi was still the brain behind it.....

I grew up as a deeper life member, until I was old enough to choose my own path

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Chevronstaff: 9:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
Rest on ma... I use to read her " Christian Mirror " publication back in the days... insightful and creative..

7 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by seunaj: 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Founder of Christian Women Mirror. A real mother she was, an unsung hero. Rest on mama. Till we meet in heaven

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by lawman88(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
How time flies. God bless your legacy

6 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Michaelroyals(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
RIP woman of God

3 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by LamidicownuBSS: 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
rip ma

2 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Deborachi(f): 9:05pm On Apr 21, 2019
May her soul continue to rest in peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
gypsey:
Crooked pastor and his crooked wife.
May God purnish you,
condemned soul

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Firstorderwizard(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2019
anochuko01:
We would all see in heaven...

Which heaven?

5 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
Mummy, rest in peace. We will continue to remember you. If our reward in Christ is only in this world, we should be the most pitied.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Years After Biodun Kumuyi: How Time Flies! by seunaj: 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2019
gypsey:
Crooked pastor and his crooked wife.
You have blasphemed

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Damilola Bamiloye And Emmanuella Mike Wedding Photos / Pastor Adeboye Kissing His Wife, Foluke (Photos) / (testimony) I Struggled With Homosexuality For More Than 9years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.