Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker (1294 Views)

Dbanj To Perform With Usher, Mary J. Blige At Global Citizen 2015 Earth Day / Mary J Blige Performing In Nigeria (Pictures) / Janet Jackson Vs Mary J Blige Who's Hiphop Queen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by rockers: 2:22pm On Sep 16, 2010
Mary J. Blige may be the Queen of Hip-Hop Soul, but according to Us Weekly, she is also New York’s Queen of Style. MJB was named by the magazine as the Most Stylish New Yorker of 2010. She celebrated her honor at hotspot Lavo in New York City on Wednesday night (Sept. 15).

“It feels great to be New York’s Most Fashionable Woman,” said Mary, reflecting on her evolving style. “[My style] was mostly b-girl ’cause I was never a lady like this when I was growing up. I was really a tomboy.”

Read more: http://www./2010/09/mary-j-blige-named-most-stylish-new.html#ixzz0zhKiDvnZ

Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by omar22(m): 3:04pm On Sep 16, 2010
Mary J Blige is someone from the Ghetto and always act as if shes from the Ghetto no matter how much money she has, its like putting a lipstick on a pig and try to call it something else!!!
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by naijadiva2(f): 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2010
really oh-kay Her style is nothing to remember
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by tjskii(f): 6:45pm On Sep 16, 2010
especially her hair,in her earlier videos,they were 'orrible,nowadays its not much better
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by mohawkchic(f): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2010
~NoOoo! Like Really?

omar22:

its like putting a lipstick on a pig and try to call it something else!!!

~Ouch!
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by kadman(m): 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2010
omar22:

Mary J Blige is someone from the Ghetto and always act as if shes from the Ghetto no matter how much money she has,   its like putting a lipstick on a pig and try to call it something else!!!
WORD
naija_diva:

really oh-kay Her style is nothing to remember
WORD
tjskii:

especially her hair,in her earlier videos,they were 'orrible,nowadays its not much better
WORD

I don't know how complied this list (no wonder no one respect this lists anymore)
MJB must be the most unfashionable, crass female ever. I remember when I was young I used to watch her vids, then watch Toni Braxton's video, then think what the hell is wrong with MJB.

But she must be doing something right. . . Baitch's career is still going strong.
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by kadman(m): 7:45pm On Sep 16, 2010
its like putting a lipstick on a pig and try to call it something else!!!

Lol, best quote today he he
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by Dolemite(f): 7:49pm On Sep 16, 2010
omar22:

Mary J Blige is someone from the Ghetto and always act as if shes from the Ghetto no matter how much money she has,   its like putting a lipstick on a pig and try to call it something else!!!
Wow, you talk as though just because someone is from the ghetto they're a lower class of human beings. Ghetto or posh our s.hit all stink, so just because she's from the ghetto she doesn't deserve anything good? doesn't deserve style? pardon me but would you have been happier if they gave this award to a white woman? or is it just the ghetto thing with you?
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by kadman(m): 7:51pm On Sep 16, 2010
Dolemite:

Wow, you talk as though just because someone is from the ghetto they're a lower class of human beings. Ghetto or posh our s.hit all stink, so just because she's from the ghetto she doesn't deserve anything good? doesn't deserve style? pardon me but would you have been happier if they gave this award to a white woman? or is it just the ghetto thing with you?

Do not change the writers words. The person said she still acts like she's from the Ghetto. Where did she say she doesn't deserve better ?
Mary just didn't overly improve her style.
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by Dolemite(f): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2010
kadman:

The person said she still acts like she's from the Ghetto.
We're saying the same thing, so someone from the ghetto is sub human or what?
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 17, 2010
Just okay.
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by omar22(m): 9:56am On Sep 17, 2010
We're saying the same thing, so someone from the ghetto is sub human or what?

Theirs nothing wrong about coming out of the Ghetto or project as they call it… but as you move on in life you change most especially when your wealthy, a lot of people look up to you, you become a public image and image is very important,  most of the afro-American celeb do come from a poor background but along the way they change… like some one said earlier on Toni Braxton or lets use Queen latifah who grew up on the project they both have a very good image! MJB and Vivica fox these are 2 celebs I know that no matter how much they have and where they live the Ghetto in them would stay for ever!!!!

@Dolemite I have nothing against people and where they came from but like Master P once said that he tried to stay where he grew up in the Ghetto but it became impossible despite the wealth and fame he had something wasn’t right so he had to move out and live among the Tom Cruise, Madonna, Tiger woods etc…. With Mary J Blige despite the fact that she lives among the who is who of Hollywood she still acts as if she selling crack in the streets of Bronx or Harlem.
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by naijadiva2(f): 2:14pm On Sep 17, 2010
With Mary J Blige despite the fact that she lives among the who is who of Hollywood she still acts as if she selling crack in the streets of Bronx or Harlem.

Well dang!
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by Dolemite(f): 8:58pm On Sep 17, 2010
omar22:

she lives among the who is who of Hollywood she still acts as if she selling crack in the streets of Bronx or Harlem.
And you're qualified to judge her on this why? because you've lived with her? or what? elaborate, how does a crack seller from the streets of Bronx or Harlem behave and show us instances of her acting this way.
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by oge4real(f): 2:39am On Sep 18, 2010
If this is true, then I dont wanna know what other new yorkers wear. tongue
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by omar22(m): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2010
And you're qualified to judge her on this why? because you've lived with her? or what? elaborate, how does a crack seller from the streets of Bronx or Harlem behave and show us instances of her acting this way.

hmmm so when I said she acts like a crack seller, so you took the literal meaning!!!
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by safarigirl(f): 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2010
SERIOUSLY? MA GIRL IS A HEAP OF HOT MESS, THERE MST BE A CONGREGATION OF WACK DRESSERS IN NYC DEN, SAD, cry cry
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by kadman(m): 8:04am On Sep 19, 2010
safarigirl:

SERIOUSLY? MA GIRL IS A HEAP OF HOT MESS, THERE MST BE A CONGREGATION OF WACK DRESSERS IN NYC DEN, SAD, cry cry

Which is why everyone is amazed at the list, since NYC is arguably the world capital of modern fashion
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by omar22(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2010
Which is why everyone is amazed at the list, since NYC is arguably the world capital of modern fashion

Well its one of those Mag's or publications that like to Kiss-@$$

Its like when GQ Magazine annouces that Cheryl Cole is the most beautiful celeb in the world!!!!

you would think, who the hell are they trying to fool,
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by favouredjb(f): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2010
Stylish or not,one thing we can't take away from mjb is her figure,that shape is d business!

Ps-i hate her tatoos
Re: Mary J Blige Named Most Stylish New Yorker by arrow1: 9:32pm On Sep 22, 2010
I think she got the vote because she dresses well, but still down to earth (not like some people who walk around N.Y. like they are on a fashion runway). Might not be my number 1 choice, but I am glad she got it opposed to some Devil Wears Prada type chick.

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Gold Chep,it It Dubai Or Kano State? I Need A Urgent Reply / D’banj At Kanye West’ Paris Fashionshow / Chris Brown And Rihanna Locked Themselves In A Dressing Room Together For 5hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.