Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

He's Risen. His Reason - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / He's Risen. His Reason (235 Views)

Jesus Christ Is Risen ! Alleluia ! Alleluia ! Alleluia ! / Why Seek Ye The Living Among The Dead? He Is Risen! / Pastor Makes Members Masturbate In Church. See His Reason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He's Risen. His Reason by pressplay411(m): 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2019
Easter means different things to different people.

To some, it is a Public Holiday, a time to finally rest from work.
To some, it is a time to travel to a resort, a new place or spend with family.
To some, it is a time to attack Christians online and offline.
To some, it is a time to watch Passion of Christ.
To some, it is a time to go to the cinemas.
To some, it is a day to finally hook up with that guy/lady.
To some, it a day to capitalise on sales/purchase with Easter promo.
To some, it is the day their church remembers everyone should go for evangelism and share tracts.
To some, it just like any other day on the calendar.

But what does Easter mean to you?

Truly, it is just like any other day. And can be spent to do some of the aforelisted activities. But above all, it is an oxymoronic remembrance of the Saddest Happiest 3 Days of our human existence.
It is the time our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, the innocent, sinless Son of God submitted himself to be gruesomely shamed, beaten and battered to a pulp, crucified on the cross and murdered. For our sake.

It is the time our Lord spent 3 Days in hell conquering sin, grave and death.
So that on the 3rd day, when he rose again from death, we became Free.
Free from our powerlessness over sin, sickness and death.
He gave us the Power to become sons of God again.
He broke every veil between us and God.
He gave us Salvation!
We obtained Grace to live Righteousnessly, suffer persecution with Christ and also enjoy every Promise of God.

I used to read this as an interesting history in the Bible.
Today, it is my experience.
I was so helplessly, restlessly and uselessly powerless over sin, but Today I am a Conqueror.
I am Victorious. I am the Righteousness of God.
Hallelujah!
I believe you have your testimony too.
For others, this and much more can be your testimony.
It is our Reason for the Season.
The joy of our salvation could only be complete when we heard that our Christ is Risen!

However, if He has conquered Sin and Death, why are we still committing sin? Why are we still dying?
That is the question you should ask yourself. Because God is not man that he should lie.
The condition is to receive and not resist Him. To submit to His Salvation and Lordship.
Then you will receive the Holy Spirit and Power will be yours to live the Victorious life.

But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
John 1:12-13

Happy Easter Friends.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

God Had A Baby Mama / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/05/19 / How To Preach The Gospel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.