Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Who Is Allah? (continuation) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Allah? (continuation) (7113 Views)

Who Is Allah? / Is Allah Everywhere, Sees Everything? / Misconceptions About Allah (part 1 Of 3): Is Allah God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is Allah? (continuation) by AbuTwins: 7:36am On Apr 24, 2019
Who is Allah- Previous post

Who is Allah- Continuation

Suffice it to say that just because someone claims to be a “monotheistic” Jew, Christian or Muslim, that doesn’t keep them from falling into corrupt beliefs and idolatrous practices. Many people, including some Muslims, claim belief in “One God” even though they’ve fallen into acts of idolatry. Certainly, many Protestants accuse Roman Catholics of idolatrous practices in regards to the saints and the Virgin Mary. Likewise, the Greek Orthodox Church is considered “idolatrous” by many other Christians because in much of their worship they use icons. However, if you ask a Roman Catholic or a Greek Orthodox person if God is “One”, they will invariably answer: “Yes!”…

…This brings us to a more important point: It should be clearly understood that what Islam is primarily concerned with is correcting mankind’s concept of Almighty God. What we are ultimately going to be held accountable at the end of our life is not whether we prefer the word “Allah” over the word “God“, but what our concept of God is. Language is only a side issue. A person can have an incorrect concept of God while using the word “Allah“, and likewise a person can have a correct concept of God while using the word “God“. This is because both of these words are equally capable of being misused and being improperly defined. As we’ve already mentioned, using the word “Allah” no more insinuates belief in the Unity of God than the use of the word “God” insinuates belief in the Trinity – or any other theological opinion. Naturally, when God sends a revelation to mankind through a prophet, He is going to send it in a language that the people who receive it can understand and relate to. Almighty God makes this clear in the Qur’an, when He states:

Never did We send a Messenger except (to teach) in the language of his (own) people in order to make (things) clear to them.” (Qur’an, Chapter 14 – “Abraham”, Verse 4)

As Muslims, we think that it is unfortunate that we have to go into details on such seemingly minor issues, but so many falsehoods have been heaped upon our religion, that we feel that it is our duty to try to break down the barriers of falsehood. This isn’t always easy, since there is a lot of anti-Islamic literature in existence which tries to make Islam look like something strange and foreign to Westerners. There are some people out there, who are obviously not on the side of truth, that want to get people to believe that “Allah” is just some Arabian “God“, and that Islam is completely “other” – meaning that it has no common roots with the other Abrahamic religions (i.e. Christianity and Judaism). To say that Muslims worship a different “God” because they say “Allah” is just as illogical as saying that French people worship another God because they use the word “Dieu“, that Spanish-speaking people worship a different God because they say “Dios” or that the Hebrews worshipped a different God because they sometimes call Him “Yahweh“. Certainly, reasoning like this is quite ridiculous! It should also be mentioned, that claiming that any one language uses the only correct word for God is tantamount to denying the universality of God‘s message to mankind, which was to all nations, tribes and people through various prophets who spoke different languages.”

This insightful article written by Abu Iman Abdur-Rahman Robert Squires

Source

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by BigBrother9ja: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2019
ALLAH MEANS ALMIGHTY GOD IN ARAB LANGUAGE.
EVEN ARAB CHRISTIANS USE IT.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by BigBrother9ja: 9:48am On Jul 19, 2019
kiss
yes
LET ME FILL THIS SPACE BEFORE THE CHILDREN OF HATE ARRIVE... grin

SEE THE MOR0N UNDER ME ALREADY...

But the fool won't have issues with LUKE 19:27 (JESUS said
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me...)
They'll start quoting me to give me another meaning now.
They will say it's parables
or
They'll say I need "holy spirit" understanding... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by Sheriman(m): 9:50am On Jul 19, 2019
This is metaphysical attribute of Allah that denied no body to Question his existence... Questioning his existence and truth make you transgress your boundry..

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by tetralogyfallot(m): 9:51am On Jul 19, 2019
Say, He is God, the One,
God, the absolute,
He begets not, and nor was He begotten,
And there's nothing comparable to Him.

7 Likes

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2019
Xtians Oya Come Let's Reason Together
Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by ThatFairGuy: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2019
Jalla maa laayamuut...
Jazzakallahu khayran op for this...
Please desert this page if you're here to spew rubbish for likes... Nl nuisance should take note

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by 0temSapien: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Allah is one of the numerous beings created by God Almighty. Over 4 billion years ago, God Almighty, which is the Summation of Consciousness created Jehovah, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun, Odin etc. Read the Book of MCC 1: 14 for details.

MCC 1: 14

14 . Now the names of some of these beings (created by God Almighty) are Knoliud, Miklas, Urim, Chimides, Chaleb, Eartum who is also called Atum, Largas, who is also called Allah, ..., Yahweh(Jehovah), Wanyioyi,... Abassi, Nzame, Nyame;

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by BigBrother9ja: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2019
scanty brain above.
fool
Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by Specyano(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2019
may almighty God increase u in knowledge, I think I've argued about this here in this platform, people misinterpretation of languages and giving priority to particular language is kinda annoying.
Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by marvin906(m): 10:10am On Jul 19, 2019
you really don't want me to answer your question

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by ARIINI: 10:30am On Jul 19, 2019
I'll take the patience to respond to this. God bless you

The verse is part of a parable that Jesus taught. The parable seems intended to teach about the judgment of God at this point. It does not suggest that human governance should even follow this example. He merely uses what could and often did happen to illustrate a point of God's supreme governance.

11 As they heard these things, he proceeded to tell a parable, because he was near to Jerusalem, and because they supposed that the kingdom of God was to appear immediately. 12 He said therefore, “A nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom and then return. 13 Calling ten of his servants, he gave them ten minas, and said to them, ‘Engage in business until I come.’ 14 But his citizens hated him and sent a delegation after him, saying, ‘We do not want this man to reign over us.’

15 When he returned, having received the kingdom, he ordered these servants to whom he had given the money to be called to him, that he might know what they had gained by doing business. 16 The first came before him, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made ten minas more.’ 17 And he said to him, ‘Well done, good servant![c] Because you have been faithful in a very little, you shall have authority over ten cities.’ 18 And the second came, saying, ‘Lord, your mina has made five minas.’ 19 And he said to him, ‘And you are to be over five cities.’ 20 Then another came, saying, ‘Lord, here is your mina, which I kept laid away in a handkerchief; 21 for I was afraid of you, because you are a severe man. You take what you did not deposit, and reap what you did not sow.’

22 He said to him, ‘I will condemn you with your own words, you wicked servant! You knew that I was a severe man, taking what I did not deposit and reaping what I did not sow? 23 Why then did you not put my money in the bank, and at my coming I might have collected it with interest?’ 24 And he said to those who stood by, ‘Take the mina from him, and give it to the one who has the ten minas.’ 25 And they said to him, ‘Lord, he has ten minas!’ 26 ‘I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 27 But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’” Luke 19:11-27 ESV

Thus, this verse has nothing to do with an individual turning the other cheek, nor does it speak to the idea of human governance at all. What it does teach is that all mankind will one day face the judgment of God. Those who have hated and rejected God will be punished.

BigBrother9ja:
LET ME FILL THIS SPACE BEFORE THE CHILDREN OF HATE ARRIVE... grin

SEE THE MOR0N UNDER ME ALREADY...

But the fool won't have issues with LUKE 19:27 (JESUS said
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me...)
They'll start quoting me to give me another meaning now.
They will say it's parables
or
They'll say I need "holy spirit" understanding... grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by EkunKekere: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2019
Why can't you ever discuss your religion without tagging Christians and Jews?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by EkunKekere: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2019
Allah is a title not a personal name. In the same way that man cannot be a man's name, God is not God's name.

BigBrother9ja:
ALLAH MEANS ALMIGHTY GOD IN ARAB LANGUAGE.
EVEN ARAB CHRISTIANS USE IT.
Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by tigerclaws: 10:47am On Jul 19, 2019
Allah is kabar and sibiri na ala otu walaka salaka amin
inihalli yalakahi Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
Thunder scatter aisha masha Allah amin
Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by ibez007(m): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2019
0temSapien:
Allah is one of the numerous beings created by God Almighty. Over 4 billion years ago, God Almighty, which is the Summation of Consciousness created Jehovah, Allah, Vishnu, Moloch, Olorun, Odin etc. Read the Book of MCC 1: 14 for details.

MCC 1: 14

14 . Now the names of some of these beings (created by God Almighty) are Knoliud, Miklas, Urim, Chimides, Chaleb, Eartum who is also called Atum, Largas, who is also called Allah, ..., Yahweh(Jehovah), Wanyioyi,... Abassi, Nzame, Nyame;

Mind what books you read, not everything readable should be read.

SMH.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:12am On Jul 19, 2019
Allah(muslim) = God(Christian )

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by 0temSapien: 11:13am On Jul 19, 2019
ibez007:

Mind what books you read, not everything readable should be read.

SMH.
Are you amazed to discover that the most common gods have a Creator? Well, you shouldn't be, because currently there is a mind evolution taking place in the spiritual realms. The gods of science are taking over from the gods of religion, therefore they want to make it known to humanity that the Creator isn't any of these gods in religious book.

Go and read the Book of Universal History and be wise. Thanks.
Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by ibez007(m): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2019
0temSapien:
Are you amazed to discover that the most common gods have a Creator? Well, you shouldn't be, because currently there is a mind evolution taking place in the spiritual realms. The gods of science are taking over from the gods of religion, therefore they want to make it known to humanity that the Creator isn't any of these gods in religious book.

Go and read the Book of Universal History and be wise. Thanks.

Thanks, but No thanks.

You can always keep the reading to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Allah? (continuation) by 0temSapien: 11:20am On Jul 19, 2019
ibez007:

Thanks, but No thanks.

You can always keep the reading to yourself.

OK, may the wisdom of the Light of God Almighty which created Jehovah and Allah your gods reveal the truth of the universes to you. Peace.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lailatul Qadr: It's Significance / Islamic Rulings On Dealing With The Ex-wife / Miraculous Aspects Of The Holy Qur’an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.