Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal (19150 Views)

What My Sister Did To An FRSC Man / FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / How To Be An FRSC "Special Marshal" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by AutoJoshNG: 11:51am On Apr 25, 2019
Federal Road Safety Commission or “FRSC” is the Nigeria body charged with preventing and minimizing road traffic accidents on highways.

This traffic management agency was established in 1988 by a decree. This decree was later amended by the Federal Road Safety Commission act Cap 141 laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Officials of the FRSC have a reputation of being disciplined.

What is the difference between Regular Marshal and Special Marshals?

Regular marshals are uniformed officers of the FRSC. They work in the agency as full-time and paid employees.

Whereas Special Marshals are non-uniformed officers. They function as volunteers. So, they do not earn salaries for their function.

Special Marshals are usually accomplished individuals that bring their individual and collective expertise to road traffic management.

They have special propriety kits that distinguish them from other state and federal traffic officers.

Regular and Special Marshals have exactly the same responsibilities.

The Special Marshal guidelines issued in 2005 states the following regarding Special Marshals:

“Special Marshals in the discharge of duties are by provisions of section 4 and 5 of Cap 141 LFN (1990), empowered to arrest and prosecute erring motorists who violate road traffic rules and regulations entrenched in the Act and other road traffic laws”.

To become a Special Marshall, here are some of the requirements:

1. Must not have any record of criminality.

2. You must have a personal serviceable vehicle.

3. You must be a licensed driver.

4. Must have a visible means of livelihood.

HOW TO JOIN THE SPECIAL MARSHAL

Visit the Nearest FRSC Command and ask for the Special Marshal Unit.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/how-to-be-a-frsc-special-marshal/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by JasonScoolari: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
One would have love to be a "Special Marshal" but the government are not helping matters with the deplorable, dilapidated and potholes roads we have all over the country.

10 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by philips007(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Austineva(m): 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Runaway: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2019
Ok
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Imoh555(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
How I go join watin no dey pay me?

5 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by davidodiba(m): 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
I dont want sad
They recruited who they knew for their recruitment. Let them be the special Marshall.mtcheeew

12 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Of what use would it be to me, Special Marshall my foot!!! they are just looking for free slaves

7 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by kinzation(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
As a Corp member currently serving this is my CDs group I love it

4 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Advantaged1: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is a good initiative. But Nigerians wouldnt see beyond their noses, its benefits

6 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by freemanbubble: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Okay
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by sonnie10: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
This one is for retired people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by agya1: 3:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
Please It is Federal Road Safety Corp. Not "Commission"
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Sweetcollins: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
Noted

1 Like

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by TaminaliaCatapa: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2019
Be a special marshal for a country who doesn’t care if it’s youth are employed or her doctors are emigrating....

Please don’t get me angry...

Na thunder go fire the comptroller general, minister of interior and Buhari together

Awon werey �

6 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Switruth: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
One would have love to be a "Special Marshal" but the government are not helping matters with the deplorable, dilapidated and potholes roads we have all over the country.
. You’re very correct but that should be the more reason you need to be one. Clearing a jam road to make it easy for even you to pass.
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by dljbd1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
I have actually been thinking of joining since early this year. My dad was one when we were up north. That was when I fell in love with it. smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Pedex86(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
Interesting.... cool cool
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by GOFRONT(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
Let Dino Melaye's Son apply
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by MycroftHolmes: 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jiang:
Of what use would it be to me, Special Marshall my foot!!! they are just looking for free slaves

There are some benefits that only regular road users will readily relate with.
For example, a special marshal is treated like a military personnel. Doesn't stop for searching, questioning or harassment at checkpoints, etc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by KINGwax007(m): 4:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
JasonScoolari:
I think they said they're made men who bring their individualities and not a nobody. So, you're safe, you are not even qualified

2 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by JasonScoolari: 4:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
KINGwax007:
I think they said they're made men who bring their individualities and not a nobody. So, you're safe, you are not even qualified
Don't mistake me for your father bro.

Thanks!

8 Likes

Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by Inspectahdeck(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2019
You pay 20,000 for registration and you have to buy their kit also.

It is a service for any volunteer
Re: How To Be An FRSC Special Marshal by lonelydora: 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jiang:

The only good thing being a Special Marshal is FRSC won't be stopping you anyhow when travelling

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Floods Kill Four People In Abuja -FEMA / Tanker Burning At Cele Bus-Stop Apapa-Oshodi Expressway / Canada Survival Tips For International Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.