Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,381 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos (44674 Views)

10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos / Bush Fire Incident At Owerri Airport (Video) / BREAKING: Owerri Airport On Fire, Cause Yet Unknown (video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by dainformant(m): 8:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
A Nigerian man has taken to social media to narrate his unpleasant experience at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport in Owerri, Imo state.

According to Oladunjoye Tunde, there was power outage at the airport for over three hours as flight passengers were left stranded. The airport was also said to be leaking even as repair works were ongoing.

Below is what he shared on Facebook earlier today;

For the benefit of those who do not know, today, I discovered the full meaning of Iberiberism in Owerri.

At the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport, there was power outage for over three hours. We were all sweating like Easter Fowls! At a point I have to ask Angela Nkwo-Akpolu to leave to save her from further heat. We walked past the metal detector that what was not in use due to absence of electricity. The departure hall was in darkness and people had to sit outside and some actually sat on the edge of the tarmac.

When the Air Peace flight scheduled to take off from Owerri at 5pm arrived Owerri at about 5.45pm, people who were already outside on the tarmac refused to go back to the Departure Hall in order for their tickets to be checked before boarding.

The Airport was leaking seriously, even as repair works were ongoing.

My people that’s it: Iberiberism!

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/man-narrates-experience-at-sam-mbakwe-airport-in-owerri-imo.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:24pm On Apr 25, 2019
After watching that Ethiopian airline burst into flames,I vowed never to travel by air.Funny enough my house is sharing a barb wire fence with d airport and I see people trooping in and out of the airport to board flights,all I do Is pray for their safety silently. I can't imagine myself entering those old planes.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by dollytino4real(f): 9:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
are they using candle there or wat

3 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by KidsNEXTdoor: 9:46pm On Apr 25, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
After watching that Ethiopian airline burst into flames,I vowed never to travel by air.Funny enough my house is sharing a barb wire fence with d airport and I see people trooping in and out of the airport to board flights,all I do Is pray for their safety silently. I can't imagine myself entering those old planes.

You must enter it....

We no go gree

115 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by GraGra247(m): 9:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
Flight that was supposed to leave by 5pm arrived by 5:45pm. Kai!!

15 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by FatherCHRISTMAS: 2:10am On Apr 26, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
every man has an appointmented time. When it ain't your time to die then it ain't.

Reminds me of a plane crash back in 2009 where Of 153 aboard, 152 died.
A12-year-old passenger, Bahia Bakari, was found alive

chiedozie198100:

you just had to squeeze both words into one.
Even me sef fear now wey I see am

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by mrvitalis(m): 2:46am On Apr 26, 2019
Obviously the airport is undergoing repairs ....the airport should even be shut down to allow for repairs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Nobody: 2:55am On Apr 26, 2019
If that plane took off with those passengers with no security check, then Nigeria is truly an animal kingdom.

This should be a national disgrace and someone needed to be fired for that.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by markidoo(m): 3:23am On Apr 26, 2019
Nigeria I hail thee.
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by thatigboman: 3:53am On Apr 26, 2019
GraGra247:
Flight that was supposed to leave by 5pm arrived by 5:45pm. Kai!!
that's nice. Atimes the plane for 5pm flight arrives by 8pm

18 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Nobody: 6:14am On Apr 26, 2019
cheesy Iberiberism grin
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by JubrinElSudan: 6:39am On Apr 26, 2019
Good one as you have discovered the meaning of "Iberiberism", can someone discover the meaning of "Ohashierism"

8 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by slimfit1(m): 6:42am On Apr 26, 2019
No there are waiting for something terrible to happen first.
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by ruggedtimi(m): 6:55am On Apr 26, 2019
Nigeria Govt with lack of maintenance ethics
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by shadeyinka(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2019
Nigeria as a country measures technological development in the number of acquired "technological products" it has rather than in her "technological abilities".

Hence we purchase the latest air conditioners, planes, streetlights, etc without the technical know-how of either theirproduction nor maintenance.

And our leadership are so myopic, they think only in terms of contracts that can be awarded for more latest technologies.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Nairalandmentor(m): 7:47am On Apr 26, 2019
grin
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by partnerbizz4: 7:47am On Apr 26, 2019
If you haven't boarded a flight before, let's take a selfie here cool shocked tongue

Sell Airtime to us and make money!

Also buy Mtn, glo and etisalat data on promo from us.
See over 751 testimonies below.

1 Like

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by sotall(m): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2019
grin
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Bossontop(m): 7:48am On Apr 26, 2019
Sorry to cut ur discovery short but i believe iberiberism is a multifaceted word that could be used to explain alot of negative happenings......kudos tho u jus stumbled on one of them

10 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Pidginwhisper: 7:48am On Apr 26, 2019
grin
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Uyi168: 7:49am On Apr 26, 2019
This country is finished..
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by psychologist(m): 7:49am On Apr 26, 2019
see how people are sitting waiting for aeroplane like its molue bus

whom do yall say we offended in this country cry

14 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 26, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
The Ethiopian airlines flight was a brand new aircraft..

10 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 26, 2019
Do you need an android app for your business or website, then contact me I will build one for you at an afford price.
Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by foreshore(m): 7:52am On Apr 26, 2019
dainformant:
A Nigerian man has taken to social media to narrate his unpleasant experience at the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport in Owerri, Imo state.

According to Oladunjoye Tunde, there was power outage at the airport for over three hours as flight passengers were left stranded. The airport was also said to be leaking even as repair works were ongoing.

Below is what he shared on Facebook earlier today;

For the benefit of those who do not know, today, I discovered the full meaning of Iberiberism in Owerri.

At the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport, there was power outage for over three hours. We were all sweating like Easter Fowls! At a point I have to ask Angela Nkwo-Akpolu to leave to save her from further heat. We walked past the metal detector that what was not in use due to absence of electricity. The departure hall was in darkness and people had to sit outside and some actually sat on the edge of the tarmac.

When the Air Peace flight scheduled to take off from Owerri at 5pm arrived Owerri at about 5.45pm, people who were already outside on the tarmac refused to go back to the Departure Hall in order for their tickets to be checked before boarding.

The Airport was leaking seriously, even as repair works were ongoing.

My people that’s it: Iberiberism!

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2019/04/man-narrates-experience-at-sam-mbakwe-airport-in-owerri-imo.html

It's only in the East things like this happen. Everything about them na Okrika

1 Like

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by jesmond3945: 7:52am On Apr 26, 2019
This man is a kid, why do we always seek validation from social media. Most of us fly every second, we encounter negative experiences and we overcome. Negative experiences make you stronger and it is a global thing. Nawao

3 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by AreaFada2: 7:53am On Apr 26, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
You might actually be more at risk living close to the airport than boarding an aircraft. Most crashes happen during take off or landing process making airport vicinity dangerous. Imagine the number of planes that land and take of daily.

11 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by chiedozie198100: 7:57am On Apr 26, 2019
FatherCHRISTMAS:
every man has an appointmented time. When it ain't your time to die then it ain't.

Reminds me of a plane crash back in 2009 where Of 153 aboard, 152 died.
A12-year-old passenger, Bahia Bakari, was found alive .

you just had to squeeze both words into one.

6 Likes

Re: 'I Discovered The Meaning Of Iberiberism At Owerri Airport' - Man Reveals.Photos by mechanics(m): 7:59am On Apr 26, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
Remember accident can occur any time, it's God that protects.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beautiful Pictures Of Nnewi In Anambra State / Hit-And-Run Driver Knocks Down Echefu Lawrencia Uloma, LAUTECH Student (Photos) / Major Landmark Rocks In Nigeria (Pictures And Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.