Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,056 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 PM

Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria (5621 Views)

Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export / Ekki Timber And Processed Metal Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by adconline(m): 6:09pm On May 01, 2007
I would like to venture into timber and cashew export. Does anyone know how to go about this in Nigeria? How do I source my market? Any government regulations on timber trade because of deforestation? Which state is Nigeria's no 1 producer of lumber. Which state is no 1 in cashew nut production? Which companies produce silos or storage facilities for agricultural products like cashew nut and ground nuts?

Expert opinion needed ONLY
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by pmdaboh(f): 4:36pm On May 02, 2007
Hello: smiley

I am a business major. I suggest you first research your job market through the internet first. That is always a good starting place. One search can lead you to another search area. Also, I suggest you research any companies in that same industry in Nigeria.
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by docokwy(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2007
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by Rodent: 9:58am On May 03, 2007
@ adconline
Like with most raw material exportation the profit is made at the purchasing end of things as opposed at the sale end. With regard to timber that most likely will be sourced in a particular location. Mainly Ondo, Edo, have decent timber, not sure re the govts deforestation program but looking up back issues of the Gazette should resolve that.
Cashew however is a different ballgame and larger quantities need movement, always try to get to the source and cut out as many middle men as possible.
hope i've helped some
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by adconline(m): 9:06pm On May 04, 2007
Thank you docokwy and Rodent
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by KayB: 8:46pm On May 05, 2007
If these products are truly in large quantity and are ready for exportation
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by jenny2007(f): 11:59am On May 14, 2007
wow, thanks adcoline for starting this topic. i've been looking for information relating to nigeria exports as well. however, i will like to know the costs for nigerian exports as at today.
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by afroasiaco: 6:28pm On Mar 21, 2011
Thank you for this post, many of us with interest in timber exportation are really learning some vital points from the discussion.
pls more information needed on timber export .

Thanks you
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by halamuh(m): 10:33am On Jul 24, 2013
Hello. I'm glad seeing these infos at this time but this informations seem a little bit old. Please I need updated informations on timber exportation. I read timber exportation in on the prohibition list by the Nigeria custom service, I need better information about this. Is this business worth investing on? Please help with relevant informations, expert opinion is needed. Hoping to get responses asap. Thanks.
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by KayB: 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
my company is a government-licensed timber merchant with hammer and will be willing to intimate you of the dynamics involved. www.keystone.com.ng
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by babytejiri(m): 6:51pm On Jan 29, 2015
As the human population continues to increase, the demand for forest products and the conversion of forest land to agriculture land continually increases worldwide (Taylor, Green and Stout, 2005:333). Trees are harvested for multiple uses ranging from timber to woodfuel. Forest lands are also continually cleared to provide space for settlements resulting to higher rates of forest removal which currently exceeds the rate of forest renewal
www..com/background-effect-deforestation-nigeria
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by EXPORTFINANCE: 11:55pm On Jan 31, 2016
Vietnam buyers....cashew nuts available...from Ogbomosho...pls call +2348077881934
Re: Timber And Cashew Export In Nigeria by Asumns: 7:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
HSA exports and distributes tropical hardwood charcoal i.e Ayin and its fingers, neem or acacia, and cashew nuts. Our firm is one of well known charcoal and cashew nuts producer and supplier that deal with them in large quantity in Nigeria. More so, consignments packaging are usually determined by the buyer either to have it in bulk packaged or to have it packed in variant kilograms of 5kg, 10kg, 20kg, etc. for inquiry, email; hsacharcoal@gmail.com or whatsapp; 08177517800. Call; 08067522299

(1) (Reply)

Join The Bizroom...20 Hot Business Paying In Nigeria Today / Speculators Get Their Fingers Burnt, Naira Strengthens To N310/$(2016) / How To Write Agreements (contracts)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.