Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,450 members, 7,850,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:03 AM

A Man Shared How He Met His Wife Online Marking Their 13th Wedding Anniversary - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Man Shared How He Met His Wife Online Marking Their 13th Wedding Anniversary (441 Views)

A Man Shared Plan Of His Relocation To Nigeria And This Happened To Him / Find A Wife Online / Vure Kingsley Ovonix Names His Son After Zuckerberg. Met His Wife On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Man Shared How He Met His Wife Online Marking Their 13th Wedding Anniversary by crackclap: 1:25pm On Apr 28, 2019
“Back in my day, we didn’t use the internet. We just believed whatever the news media told us because we lacked archived information & critical thinking skills.

We didn’t use Amazon. We just settled for whatever was in our local general store.

We didn’t use Skype. Instead, we wrote long ass letters & trusted the postal system to get it to them before the end of the month.” – M. Dorito

Sorry man but a lot has changed. If you are on social media, you either fake it to make people believe you with 3,000 likes to show for it or get 27 likes for being realistic (relatively, I guess).

Truth Be Told…

It is not a lie that social media is a scam in its own way. How? A couple can be real antagonists at home, but on Social media? They gats show up as the best lovers we are yet to see – an imaginary world I guess.

The Whole Story
“So, I literally met my wife because I didn’t understand email. This was late 90s. I got a silly email forward and got all offended (because dumb college kid) and saw her signature at the bottom…and assumed she wrote it (no, she just didn’t turn off her signature for forwards).

So I wrote her and obviously was made to look like a fool, but we started talking anyway. That was 1998; we just celebrated our “20 years of being together” last year, and our 13th wedding anniversary is coming up.

Anyway, the funny thing about it is, when we first met “on the internet” in ’98, it was seen as very nerdy and absurd, so I’d make up some kind of story about how we met through “mutual friends”.

Now, though, meeting people “on the internet” seems almost more common than just getting into a relationship offline, so I feel entirely fine telling people how we really met these days – E. William”

Don't miss - A Murderous Cat Kills an Innocent Race Driver, LMAO | See Clip
Isn’t that beautiful?

Come on now. Share your internet hook up let’s hear/learn from you.

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Happy Family Living With HIV And They Are 100% Healthy (photos) / My Wife Is Stubborn, I Want To Divorce Her – Mans Tells Court / Y Am I Not Happy These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.