Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,355 members, 7,850,298 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:58 PM

Facebook To Fund Research On Social Media Impact On Elections - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Facebook To Fund Research On Social Media Impact On Elections (186 Views)

Should I Sell My Late Mother's House With Her Grave To Fund My Masters In UK? / Ikpeazu Challenges Abia Varsity To Make Research On Alternative To Cow Meat / NCC To Fund Research In Tertiary Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook To Fund Research On Social Media Impact On Elections by Softcash(m): 7:48pm On Apr 29, 2019
Facebook announced Monday it would make its data available to academics studying the impact of social media on elections, part of an effort to prevent manipulation of social platforms.
The leading social network said some 60 researchers from 30 academic institutions across 11 countries were selected under a review process by the Social Science Research Council and the independent group Social Science One.

Facebook began the research initiative last year after revelations of foreign influence campaigns on the 2016 US election and the Brexit vote in Britain.

It began soliciting proposals last year, and on Monday unveiled its first research grants.

Know more - http://v.duta.us/cr_gYgAA

(1) (Reply)

Short Term Robotics Courses / Software Testing Certification / Admission Into Affordable Universities In The Philippines 2018/19 Section Now On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.