Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) (17783 Views)

Qatar Begins Construction Of 500,000 Housing Units For Less Privileged In Kaduna / 7,315 Apply For Fg’s 5,000 Housing Units In 1 Week / FG To Begin Sale Of New Housing Units Soon Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Earthquake3: 7:32am On May 01, 2019
omenkaLives:
Hundred is small but it's a good start. My governor hasnt even built a round hut since he took office. Worst governor in the history of humankind.

Kudos to Enugu state government.

I thought your life started and ended with IPOB

So you remember your governor

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by cardoctor(m): 7:33am On May 01, 2019
Good job
Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Esomchi800(m): 7:37am On May 01, 2019
Pavore9:
Ede-Oballa......that year! cheesy

Where in Ede oballa did you stay and what year?
Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Nebuchadnezar: 7:44am On May 01, 2019
[s]
omenkaLives:
Hundred is small but it's a good start. My governor hasnt even built a round hut since he took office. Worst governor in the history of humankind.

Kudos to Enugu state government.
[/s]
just like Buhari is the worst president since mankind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Swoonz: 7:49am On May 01, 2019
dedonfranco:
People that have Government is enjoying
We that came from Abia state nothing for us.
guy I dey serve for una state. Wahalai una dey suffer hell for here and una governor dey hide under PDP umbrella to dey misbehave. Sorry shaa
Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Swoonz: 7:54am On May 01, 2019
koolbe:
Mind u, Enugu State Government didn't build d houses. This is a federal government project in collaboration with d private sector. State Government constructed d roads leading to d estate.
Why would d poster now claim it's a State Government Project?
if you closed your eyes to hate and read the sign post that gave actual information on the on going project, you would have noticed that the federal government was never listed as a partner which would have been a major error if they were indeed spearheading the project as you assumed undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by otokx(m): 7:57am On May 01, 2019
Many do not read, the project is being done by Federal Mortgage Bank; Enugu State government is just a partner.
Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by TroubleMaker47(m): 8:14am On May 01, 2019
Xano:

Bungalows are better structures for people advancing in age.
Accessibility to each section of the house is easier with age.
They can always make an arrangement for retirees to live on the ground floor only! My point is the enormous land resources being wasted. Really there is no reasonable justification for this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Ugwuoke347(m): 8:34am On May 01, 2019
BESTEAGLE:
This building is an inheretage of Nsukka people. how I wish it will be giving by workers basic rights not by nwannemus

You would do well to stop imagining things.
Get well now!
Because you are sick in the head.

If we go by your sick logic, then all the houses in all the various estates scattered in and around Enugu City were given out to Nkanu and Udi folks as inheritance through
an application of the same formula of "nwannemu" invented by you!

What exactly do you think is in Nsukka?
Nothing! Absolutely nothing!
If you can point at any serious work the State Government ( both present and past) has done in Nsukka Zone
then I will point out with emphasis over one thousand of better projects done elsewhere in the state by previous governments and the current one, especially in Enugu City!

Look Gburugburu has done "nothing" yet in Nsukka Zone.
I am still wondering why he is wasting time.

What is in Nsukka?
You tell me.
What exactly is in that place if not the University.
The economy of Nsukka Town is largely dependent on patronage by the student population of the University.
Whenever the students go on break, the economy of Nsukka Town goes into partial cold storage!
Go ask traders at Ogige Market and they will confirm this fact.

Now, coming to the housing estate in question, I have been there myself. And I think it is a good initiative.
That is the kind of thing government should be doing to open up new areas as alternative urban hubs to decongest the Capital City.
We need more and more and more of such!
We need better things this side of Enugu State!
It should, however, be said that building bungalows is a reckless way to waste land space.
Why not erect four or three storey structures to accommodate more people since it is meant for civil servants!

And then, it should also be said that the State Government should do well to put up lands there at Nsukka Satellite Town on sale to the public at REDUCED PRICE to attract serious investment and development there within the shortest possible time.
The emphasis is on REDUCED PRICE!
I believe that is the basic incentive that will, for instance,
motivate a business man in Nnewi or Onitsha to consider establishing a branch of his business in Nsukka (New Nsukka Town)

The Governor has got work to do, especially this side of the State. Let no one distract him with some misplaced quibbling and baseless sneering.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Kennydoc(m): 9:07am On May 01, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Must dey always build bungalows and waste land resources?
What is wrong with Nigerian Rulers sef! angry

No mind them. They want projects that will cover a large expanse of land and make it seem like they achieved much.
Just 10 blocks of 4 storey blocks of flats with 2 flats per floor would have covered for these 100 nonsense scattered all over the estate.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Ugwuoke347(m): 9:21am On May 01, 2019
Kennydoc:

No mind them. They want projects that will cover a large expanse of land and make it seem like they achieved much.
Just 10 blocks of 4 storey blocks of flats with 2 flats per floor would have covered for these 100 nonsense scattered all over the estate.

Exactly my thoughts.
It makes better economic sense to put up three/four storey structures there to accommodate more people, and to economize land space.
An example is the type done at Canaan City Ota by Oyedepo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by vioment: 10:26am On May 01, 2019
not an intelligent move. 1st of all, i hope none of the civil servants are owed or plan to be owed; secondly, why can't they build 4 story buildings with flats, in order to save space. Now they built or building this without a thought of parking, so after its done, they will be parking on the road that is meant for two directional drive paths including building an open drainage.

We are cursed in this country, nothing is ever done properly from a to z. it always stops at c and go back to a again. Not one thing is credibly done well in nigeria. They have pinched the money for this project well; if i dey lie, tell us how much was really allocated for this foolishly done project. We have not even gotten to who benefits from this projects and how they will be allocated to the workers.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by mechanics(m): 11:20am On May 01, 2019
He's really eager to serve his people, God gives him the grace to continue the good works.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Kennydoc(m): 12:46pm On May 01, 2019
Ugwuoke347:

Exactly my thoughts.
It makes better economic sense to put up three/four storey structures there to accommodate more people, and to economize land space.
An example is the type done at Canaan City Ota by Oyedepo.

Exactly. These politicians are annoying. They travel abroad and see real development but make no efforts to replicate them.
Building multifloor blocks of flats would have economised the land and added beauty to the place. I know they'll be more expensive to build, but it will be worth it at the end.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by booblacain(m): 1:44pm On May 01, 2019
TroubleMaker47:
Must dey always build bungalows and waste land resources?
What is wrong with Nigerian Rulers sef! angry

Honestly, immediately I saw it, this was the exact thought that to my mind. In a place like the south east for that matter, where land space is a luxury.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by Mmc018: 2:33pm On May 01, 2019
Let the working Governor executes more projects in nsukka zone cos dat zone absolutely has nothing...
No tangible State govt institution and investment since inception of democratic govt in 1999.. Nsukka needs more development Dan any oda part of enugu state cos it is of course d next economic hub of d state. How I wish Governor ifeanyi Ugwuanyi can realize this on time.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Governement Builds 100 Housing Units For Workers (pictures) by tck2000(m): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Stingman:
Nice work by Enugu state government.

It will be great if the government can also tar all the roads in Network Estate Ibagwa Nike, in Enugu and build parameter fence as this Estate in Nsukka.

Network estate is near Elmin Estate red roof..and ICT university blue roof...in the second picture.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building Excavators Unearth Bullets In Agulu, Anambra / Budget Roofing and Finishes of a Nairalanders 2units of 3 bedroom flat. / Breaking News: Three-storey Building Collapses In Rivers State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.