Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:39 AM

Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead (31745 Views)

5 Dead In Wedding Massacre In Thailand As 'Drunk' Groom Shoots Wife / 5 Men Burnt To Death For Allegedly Trying To Steal Tricycle In Onitsha (Graphic) / Gunmen Burn Iwollo-Oghe Police Station In Enugu, 5 Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by itspzpics(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2019
All the occupants of a tricycle have lost their lives after a train crushed it, this morning, in Iju Ishaga, Lagos.

The tricycle was said to be going from Ike aro to Abule Egba when the tragedy occurred. People allegedly told the driver to stop to allow the train pass, but he didn’t listen.

Watch Video below

Gist From Praizenews ; http://www.praizenews.com/graphic-5-dead-as-train-crushes-a-tricycle-in-lagos/

2 Shares

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by itspzpics(m): 8:13am On Apr 30, 2019
Watch The Video => HERE

1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Olalan(m): 8:19am On Apr 30, 2019
Quite unfortunate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Airborne02(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2019
Chai
Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by lawaljuliuss(m): 8:20am On Apr 30, 2019
rip
Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Born2Breed(f): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2019
God have mercy.

A crazy rider with a death wish has just killed his innocent passengers.

RIP

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2019
nawaooo the driver of the tricycle needs serious beating even in his death.. people told you to stop and you were proving Ghost Rider sad sad.. i pray zombies sef will find sense before it is too late

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Donald95(m): 8:30am On Apr 30, 2019
They are always in a hurry towards their death

11 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Nukilia: 8:59am On Apr 30, 2019
When you suppose collectively slap the illiterate keke driver...

Heaven rest their souls

4 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Tallesty1(m): 9:03am On Apr 30, 2019
Growing up, I had a very serious haemophobia. The site of blood was nauseating, same with corpses.

I did throw up sometimes and afterwards I will go days without eating because it used to turn my stomach against food completely but nairaland has cured me.

I can now stand the site of blood and stare at a corpse as if it is a new and interesting object without feeling anything.

Now my question is, apart from nairaland, is there any other popular forum you know that has dead bodies littered all over it?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by ultimatekint(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2019
Result of bad leadership since 1960,
'cause, Nigeria is not ripe to attain her independence,��

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by thesicilian: 11:29am On Apr 30, 2019
How was it even possible that the driver was able to be on the tracks at the time the train was passing? Were there no train station workers to block the road with those metal barricades as the train was coming?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by KingLennon(m): 11:29am On Apr 30, 2019
The greeted people 'Good morning' and went out but couldn't come back anymore. What a Tragedy! RIP to all of them

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by tgmservice: 11:31am On Apr 30, 2019
useless drivers acting like they do not die

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Alamu1111: 11:33am On Apr 30, 2019
God help us all
Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by kenechi072: 11:34am On Apr 30, 2019
Keke drivers are the most annoying and impatient road users i have seen. Always in a hurry to get nowhere. Useless driver, he should have killed only himself. Now innocent ppl are gone

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by woleabayo(f): 11:35am On Apr 30, 2019
am just so tired of this keke marwa of a thing i think this is the high time government barn all this yeye drivers or restrict them from passing some places .....may the innocent soul rest in peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by edeteffiong957: 11:37am On Apr 30, 2019
The attitude of commercial drivers' are always in the negative. They won't accept advice from the passengers on board till tragic incident occurs. May God accept the souls of the departed.

4 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by alizma: 11:41am On Apr 30, 2019
sometimes as passengers, we need to be vocal active. how will I be sitting in a keke, hearing people telling the driver to stop while a train is approaching and I just keep quiet?
is either he stops or I Jump down, besides there is no way he would be crossing the rail line on high speed, he will definitely slow down, giving me the opportunity to jump down
may God help us. RIP to those who lost their lives

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by crossfm: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2019
From the action of the driver one can conclude that he has always been suicidal.may we not pay for what will be our end.R.I.P to the dead.

4 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Sagay212: 11:47am On Apr 30, 2019
They warned him to wait but he refused... okadas and napep riders always feeling smart. Always in a haste.

Now how will he spend the money he is doing gra gra for? He just used his stubbornness to kill others

4 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Mom007(f): 11:49am On Apr 30, 2019
I don't understand how this could happen. I know that place. The train doesn't just fall on you, you see the road closed, the bell rings, people screaming and running for cover. How do you just balance in a keke that is open on all sides and wait till a train comes to where you are and crushes you? If the driver has a death wish won't you jump out and save yourself?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Starz825(m): 11:51am On Apr 30, 2019
Oke aro...na my area be that oo...chai.... which kind thing be this..
Train no get brake...naija no wah advance reach that level....you must respect a train when you see it coming... sometimes it seems to be far ...but it's near you sad

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Trybes(m): 11:52am On Apr 30, 2019
Why would a tricycle come near a railway. Government should put a stop to such.
Rest in peace to them.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by SarkinYarki: 11:53am On Apr 30, 2019
these Lagos keke drivers all need psychological evaluation because many of them feel they are inside an iron man suit once they enter their keke

6 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Excuzeme: 12:00pm On Apr 30, 2019
Born2Breed:
God have mercy.

A crazy rider with a death wish has just killed his innocent passengers.

RIP

This is why l get mad at passengers of commercial vehicles/Tricycles who senselessly take sides with their driver, even when it is obvious the driver has just put them in harms way...they prefer to insult the driver of the other vehicle.

Very sad indeed and l hope this serves as a lesson to others.
They should have landed 'brain reset slaps' on that Maruwa driver, when he refused to stop......that would make him stop immediately but maybe they were also in too much of a hurry to get nowhere.
Dont out your life in the hands of miscreants who wake up and drink Sachet Alcohol first thing in the morning, add Tramadol and other drugs to it before 10am.

BTW: I think we should start doing on-the-spot scientific testing for anyone that drives a vehicle/Tricycle/Motorcycle that carries the Public for a fee (like is done in other countries)......most of these drivers are so intoxicated you will agree that it is only our prayers that is limiting the number of deaths they wouldhave been causing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Zagee: 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
How people get knockdown by trains beats my imagination...smh
Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Exponental(m): 12:02pm On Apr 30, 2019
The system is wrong........ If precautionary measures were put in place, the suicidal intention of the driver wouldn't have been transferred to the passengers. No cross barriers in place. I doubt the train's horn is working and if an indicator or flag down is in place.
Safety in Nigeria is ZERO!!!

4 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by oseiwe(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
thesicilian:
How was it even possible that the driver was able to be on the tracks at the time the train was passing? Were there no train station workers to block the road with those metal barricades as the train was coming?
This is Lagos, it seems you have never been here.

2 Likes

Re: Train Crushes A Tricycle In Lagos, 5 Dead by Excuzeme: 12:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
Starz825:
Oke aro...na my area be that oo...chai.... which kind thing be this..
Train no get brake...naija no wah advance reach that level....you must respect a train when you see it coming... sometimes it seems to be far ...but it's near you sad

Nigerian Train, all trains, certainly have breaks!

The problem is that a train carries a lot of MOMENTUM, (Weight x velocity) which due to the weight of the train, including the passengers and loads, is VERY HIGH and this makes stop a very difficult effort.
Like a Ship, it can only stop gradually, with a very long stopping distance.

Even Trains in Western countries also crush vehicles when they fail to stop, it s not a "Nigerian thing" so please stop slamming your country for no good reason.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Nabs 10 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Abuja (photos) / See The Car Thieves Arrested In VGC Yesterday Evening (photos) / Woman Stabs Her Husband In The Stomach In Zamfara Out Of Plain Jealousy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.