Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,336 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 (30884 Views)

Emmanuel Eluu, Lagos Airport Driver Returns $20,000, Phone, Jewelry / Abdullahi Suleiman: Emir Of Keffi's Driver Returns Missing $800 In Saudi [photo] / Taxi Driver Returns Passenger's Phone And Money, Rejects N10k Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by SexynSerious(f): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Stingy mutha! angry
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by AZeD1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Thus scpriture says because of. Lack of love the love of many would wax cold.... This is why wickedness is pervasive in this generation, goods aren't rewarded, do bad. Strip naked like etinosa and bag an endorsement deal. Goodness has become mundane and archaic

This is what the scripture says

"But when you host a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, and the blind, 14and you will be blessed. Since they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”

“When you give … do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing”

How much did you pay Jesus for dying for you?

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by boomssey(f): 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Thus scpriture says because of. Lack of love the love of many would wax cold.... This is why wickedness is pervasive in this generation, goods aren't rewarded, do bad. Strip naked like etinosa and bag an endorsement deal. Goodness has become mundane and archaic
hmmmn
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by acevic: 8:30pm On Apr 30, 2019
The guy should have called the woman to meet her somewhere convenient for him. Somewhere that won't require him to spend extra money from his purse.

That's what I would have done.

When I do good, I don't expecting nothing in return.

4 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
The uber guy should have been arrested and locked up!

Why did he count the money?

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by NobleAngell(f): 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
MiddleSpot:

If that's the case, she shouldn't have bothered given 500naira at all.
He should have rejected it. Let it be that he did it out of his good heart (which I'm not so sure of right now).
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by MiddleSpot: 8:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
boomssey:
hmmmn

What we act to people is what they Pickup. Its what they go and transmit to other people. When people aren't rewarded. For. Good gestures they become cold and wicked and spread the venom. Cumulatively this is what results in a society of evil deeds..

5 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by asaju10(m): 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
[quote author=Kwekekweke post=77993652]Thank u is enough na....[/quoteNa thank you go buy fuel for him car?]
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by MiddleSpot: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
NobleAngell:
He should have rejected it. Let it be that he did it out of his good heart (which I'm not so sure of right now).

Please stop quoting me. Place your comment without me. In it.
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Greatness1: 8:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
R2bees:
Cruel?? You mean paying him for being human?.. This world shaa.
Being human u say...May be u think say na water the motor dey use...SHM.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Dacronym(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
TheAngry1:

You are clearly stupeed. So you should be paid for doing good? Nonsense! No wonder your graphic design never hammer!
Lol Bro Please Take it easy
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by ControG(m): 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
R2bees:
Cruel?? You mean paying him for being human?.. This world shaa.
Do remember He drove back to her house,also note that its uber o...most likely the ride would definitely cost more than the N500. The woman was ungrateful honestly

5 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by MiddleSpot: 8:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
AZeD1:

How much did you pay Jesus for dying for you?

Typical one sided application of scripture. Why did David ask for reward for killing goliath. Was his own family not in the country the giant would have annihilated? Perspective reapplication and realignment is needed.

4 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Soul47(m): 8:36pm On Apr 30, 2019
TheAngry1:

You are clearly stupeed. So you should be paid for doing good? Nonsense! No wonder your graphic design never hammer!

The joke is on you. Why would you insults him...

What if the cab driver never returned those items and sold the US visa for atleast a million what will the case be.

That he is a thief

What is required is due compensation which correlates with the work done.

Oga... It's not easy to do good in Nigeria.

It's true the driver should not complain about whatever he is given but I don't blame him for doing that... It's obvious the lady did not really appreciate his good deeds.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Soul47(m): 8:37pm On Apr 30, 2019
MiddleSpot:

Do you deserve a dignified response? Guess not.

I did that on your behalf ...
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by MiddleSpot: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Soul47:

I did that on your behalf ...

God bless your soul my brother. You're a patriot.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by TheAngry1: 8:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Dacronym:

Lol Bro Please Take it easy

Nigerians can be annoying, walahi! What is wrong with us? So people cannot do basic good again? When did we degenerate to this bestial animalistic level? So thank you is no longer enough?

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Soul47(m): 8:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
martineverest:
who will be sell the passport to?...u are as dumb as Ur comment

Don't talk about what you don't know...

Approved VISAs that have not been used are resalable.

This is Nigeria.
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Getbizzzy: 8:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
Most of you lots supporting the lady re evil.

Just because you haven't lost any thing of worth before that's why you will be ranting to support her ungratefulness.

And to those saying he had no option: like seriously, what will the uber guys do to pin him down that the lady left it in his cab even if she recognizes the car number, what proof does she have?

A common 'thank you very much or God bless you" would have been quite enough instead of insulting him with the God forsaken N500.

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by shogsman(m): 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
TheFacelessMan:
angry

Lucky him

Many years back while i was still in Uber business...

I returned a lady's N7 million back and she asked me inside for "coffee" out of appreciation.

I felt i had hit jackpot after smoking the honeypot without a silencer on my bazooka.

I pumped with ALL my strength, not even one drop landed outside.

Someone with 7 million in her purse will have 70 in the bank, right?

9 months after i got a package from her... not the FedEx/ DHL type

Turns out she was just a salesgirl and didn't own a dime

That's how i got my 3rd babymama undecided

The End

Your ability to create a story out of anything is amazing and annoying at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Apr 30, 2019
dont be downcasted because u did the right thing this is nothing to be compared of what god has in plan for you because truthfulness is not about being rewarded by the subject and for this is surely a great fortune for you from the only god we worship this world is manual while the heaven is eternal

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by pojophilius(m): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
[quote author=IamD18 post=77992673]If you want to be bad, be bad to the end.If you want to be good, be good to the end.

You can't bad trying to paint yourself as good and expect folks to call you good.

That cabman is a criminal who because he saw some visa shiit, returned the money to see if he'll get help as a reward, but got disappointed. Reason; he's ranting and wailing.

Helping and doing good all to be rewarded is no good, but deceit and foolery.

Fvck him and the N500 he was given.[/quote
May you be blessed bountifully]

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by sunkieisland(m): 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Inasmuch as I didn't expect the man to blow his own whistle, that tip was too small. Can't even cover fuel expenses

It's always good to do good deeds
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by TheAngry1: 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Soul47:

What if the cab driver never returned those items and sold the US visa for atleast a million what will the case be.

That he is a thief

It's true the driver should not complain about whatever he is given but I don't blame him for doing that... It's obvious the lady did not really appreciate his good deeds.

Nah brah, the joke's on you, the driver and the guy who made the silly post. What if he never returned it? Maybe he shouldn't have, then at least we would know he is isn't a noble man. You are all shameless people! I grew up been told not to collect gifts when you do good deeds. My parents said 'thank you' was the highest level of gratitude. Clearly, we grew up in different generations.

3 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Gforce2019: 8:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
jerrybakermillz:
That's a stingy lady....I bet say na isoko lady

You are wrong...nah Igbo lady
Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by Poanan: 8:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
MiddleSpot:
Some people can be cruel. That passport could have been sold for 1mil.suxh an ingrate

I wonder what the 500 is for. A tip or the fuel expense.

I design breath taking graphic designs... Creative graphic designs will put the spotlight on your brand and boost sales.... Check my profile for my. Contact

The earlier we stop this right of entitlement the better for us all. The lady would have emptied the purse and given it to him. What if the money is not hers. The bible says to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by MiddleSpot: 8:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
Poanan:

The earlier we stop this right of entitlement the better for us all. The lady would have emptied the purse and given it to him. What if the money is not hers. The bible says to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

It's not a right of entitlement which I frown at. This kind gesture far far far outweighs passing over without rewarding abundantly, trust me. Don't quote bible with me you won't win.

Let me ask why did David ask for reward for killing goliath. After all his family was in the same country goliath and his army were threatening to wipe out. If you can answer this then you have me as your fan.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by AZeD1(m): 8:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Getbizzzy:
Most of you lots supporting the lady re evil.

Just because you haven't lost any thing of worth before that's why you will be ranting to support her ungratefulness.

And to those saying he had no option: like seriously, what will the uber guys do to pin him down that the lady left it in his cab even if she recognizes the car number, what proof does she have?

A common 'thank you very much or God bless you" would have been quite enough instead of insulting him with the God forsaken N500.

A very good friend of mine lost her passport at Frankfurt while in transit, the passport was returned without a fuss. It's only in Nigeria someone would return your property and be expecting payment.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by TheAngry1: 8:52pm On Apr 30, 2019
Soul47:

That he is a thief

Nah brah, the joke's on you, the driver and the guy who made the silly post. What if he never returned it? Maybe he shouldn't have, then at least we would know he is isn't a noble man. You are all shameless people! I grew up been told not to collect gifts when you do good deeds. My parents said 'thank you' was the highest level of gratitude. Clearly, we grew up in different generations.

1 Like

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by MobilityExpress: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
I believe she should have paid him for the trip he did to bring her belongings to her. That was the proper thing to do. But she obviously felt entitled that he was obligated to return the items to her, but the fact is he isn't obligated to do so. He is obligated to return the missing items to Uber office and she will go pick it up from there. He saved her the stress of having to find her way down to the Uber office and then back to her base again. She could at least have compensated him by paying him for the trip he embarked to her location from wherever he was when he discovered her items in his car. For the guy to be complaining like this, the distance of the trip was probably not a short distance.

2 Likes

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by barragan: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
undecided see comments from morally bankrupt Nigerian youths. shocked

I am in a state of shock reading some of these comments.

That man was only owed a thank you, any monetary compensation is a bonus.

Yes, he drove back to give her 'her properties' back but we know from this story he didn't need to. It was a uber ride and they must have spoken on the phone before then, he could have just called her come pick it up if he can't spare the fuel.

He should have just stolen it in the first place if he is so desperate for money. For him to even have taken the time to go through everything in the purse, counting the money et al shows how much greed is in his heart. Rubbish.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uber Driver Returns A Lady's N25k And Her International Passport, He Gets N500 by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:55pm On Apr 30, 2019
IamD18:
If you want to be bad, be bad to the end.If you want to be good, be good to the end.

You can't bad trying to paint yourself as good and expect folks to call you good.

That cabman is a criminal who because he saw some visa shiit, returned the money to see if he'll get help as a reward, but got disappointed. Reason; he's ranting and wailing.

Helping and doing good all to be rewarded is no good, but deceit and foolery.

Fvck him and the N500 he was given.

don't get it twisted at least the charges for the tfare both go n come

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of Opi-Nsukka Dual Carriageway, Enugu State / The Abuja-Kaduna Train Is Back With Full Speed (Video/Photos) / Truck Crushes Man To Death In Ebonyi (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.