Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) (1244 Views)

A Drawing A Day Challenge ~ June 2019 / Free Graphics Design Training Seminar in Lagos - May, 2019 / Check Out A Drawing Of Zlatan Ibrahimovic By A Nairalander (slimszy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by faceland: 8:01am On May 01, 2019
I am a Nigerian visual artist (obviously) and would attempt draw daily for the month of May 2019. I might quit after a few day or fulfill the undertaking. I usually do not complete these type of art challenges but am hopeful this time it would be different grin

The only rule is that it should be a brand new drawing made on that day, everyday.
Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by faceland: 8:04am On May 01, 2019
Wednesday, May 1st 2019

This is quick ballpoint pen sketch made today. I would have to wait until tomorrow to make another one (God wiling)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMfE1BEnKfU

01/31 score
Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by masterpiecer(m): 8:28am On May 01, 2019
faceland:
I am a Nigerian visual artist (obviously) and would attempt draw daily for the month of May 2019. I might quit after a few day or fulfill the undertaking. I usually do not complete these type of art challenges but am hopeful this time it would be different grin

The only rule is that it should be a brand new drawing made on that day, everyday.

Hello @ faceland,
it's a nice challenge you've got here, I remember doing something like this with my sketch pad sometime back, this may just spur me on again.

I think it would be nice if u post pics of the sketches here instead of d YouTube links, that way we can easily view them.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by faceland: 5:58pm On May 01, 2019
masterpiecer:

Hello @ faceland,
it's a nice challenge you've got here, I remember doing something like this with my sketch pad sometime back, this may just spur me on again.

I think it would be nice if u post pics of the sketches here instead of d YouTube links, that way we can easily view them.
Thanks

Hello. Thanks for the tip (sometimes I over look something that I ought to notice and need an external perspective)... Anyway, I would later edit and upload a clear picture. How long did you do your daily sketch? I have attempted many times but never passed a week.
Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by masterpiecer(m): 6:54pm On May 01, 2019
faceland:

Hello. Thanks for the tip (sometimes I over look something that I ought to notice and need an external perspective)... Anyway, I would later edit and upload a clear picture. How long did you do your daily sketch? I have attempted many times but never passed a week.

Ok.
I think I did for about three weeks, it's a shame cos the sketch book is about 80 pages, I wanted to cover all the pages. I think I may just pick a new one and start all over, maybe?
Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by faceland: 7:57pm On May 01, 2019
masterpiecer:

Ok.
I think I did for about three weeks, it's a shame cos the sketch book is about 80 pages, I wanted to cover all the pages. I think I may just pick a new one and start all over, maybe?

I would start anew with a fresh sketchbook if I were you. 3 weeks is impressive, it takes commitment because sometimes things just happens. I saw some of your freehand sketches on another thread, those are impressive and actually enjoyable. It reminded me of primary school when I get a new English textbook, I would flip through the pages going through all the pictures because each drawing was left for interpretation and tells a story on its own (I couldn't read so I look at pictures grin ).

Anyone that faithfully undertakes the daily drawing challenge, would see it positively affect other aspects of their artistic abilities. Not to mention the discipline they would have developed in the process.
Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by faceland: 8:06pm On May 04, 2019
Saturday, May 4th 2019

grin Wow, I slacked for 2 days for genuine reasons beyond my control but am not a fan of excuses. So today I would just post this fast SKETCH while am on break (because by the time I close from work, 4th of May might have passed).

This is a portrait of a bearded bald man who took 12 table-spoons of coffee...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13366651_pensketch_jpeg5ced0b0b59fb6862d41050ff51fb70cd

Anyway, when I come back, I would make another sketch for the 5th of May live online (if network permits). Peace ✌️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmB-FA00RI

02/31 score
Re: A Drawing A Day ~ May 2019 (artistic challenge) by faceland: 10:03pm On May 05, 2019
Sunday, May 5th 2019

This is a lazy sketch I made until I was rudely interrupted by the power outage and decided to abandon it.

03/31 score

(1) (Reply)

My Upcoming 3D Animation Progress Preview (Updated) / Apps For Making Videos With Pictures And Music / Classic Business Branding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.