Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,973 members, 7,810,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent (49199 Views)

How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Credit When Browsing - See Secret Codes / How To Stop Glo From Deducting Your Airtime / How To Stop MTN From Deducting Your Yafunyafun Bonus When You Have Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 10:15am On May 01, 2019
This tutorial talks on how to stop Airtel network from deducting your airtime after recharging credit.

Deducting of airtime is turning out to be a normal thing in most mobile users in Nigeria. Sometimes after recharging your Airtel line you will discover that an amount of money has been deducted from your account balance.

So many Airtel customers have been complaining about this most times I see threads of such here on Nairaland. So many airtel customers have contacted their Ccare in regards to this. Sometimes the call will go well and a solution will be provided. Some other times - it just go the other way round.

Have been seeing many threads of such here but I said the day has not yet come. So many Nigerians have been complaining on the same issue and other issues relating to unnecessary deduction of airtime.
This can be so annoying. Imagine when you recharge your phone to make an important call, and you are unable to because of insufficient credit after their deduction.

This is not only common with Airtel network, other networks are also involved. But Airtel is the focus in this tutorial because that of AIRTEL is becoming too much and unbearable.

How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime

There are actually two independent option to stop the deduction of your airtel credit.
Whichever that will work for you will depend on what is responsible for the credit reduction.
1. Send GROOM STOP to 38043. After sending this you will receive a confirmation message. Send again if you don't get the message. The SMS, is free so you don't have to be scared.
2. Dial *902# , and select Stop Services.

This will let you see if there is any other service running you are not aware of.

I will like to let you know that Airtel do not just deduct your airtime for no reason, you must have mistakenly activated one or more services which is responsible.

Most times people activate different services without even having idea. This is where the Telecom network got it wrong. They should create an avenue where their customers will have to verify before opt-in into any value added services.

Cc:lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

https://biztechland.com/airtel-deducting-airtime/

3 Likes

Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by GMBuHarry: 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2021
Airtel placed my number on smart number (whatever that means) without my consent.

First they sent me an sms congratulating me that I've been rewarded with a free trial of smart number.

Then the next day they asked me to deactivate by sending STOP to 619 if I want to opt out of the free trial.

Funny thing is anytime I send stop to 619, they tell me message send failed. And ever since then, they've been deducting 15 naira per day from my line without my consent.

This is pure stealing.
Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2021
GMBuHarry:
Airtel placed my number on smart number (whatever that means) without my consent.

First they sent me an sms congratulating me that I've been rewarded with a free trial of smart number.

Then the next day they asked me to deactivate by sending STOP to 619 if I want to opt out of the free trial.

Funny thing is anytime I send stop to 619, they tell me message send failed. And ever since then, they've been deducting 15 naira per day from my line without my consent.

This is pure stealing.

kindly follow the above procedures to cancel it
Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by jom28gy(m): 12:48am On Feb 25, 2021
Does it work
Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by Jauntybaba: 2:37pm On Jul 18, 2021
Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
jom28gy:
Does it work

Yes 110%
Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by Jauntybaba: 10:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
Re: How To Stop Airtel From Deducting Your Airtime Without Your Concent by Nihin30: 2:13pm On Jun 08, 2022
it's says that one message sent to 38043 has not been sent since the Time I have been sending it and after pressing stop for the second one it shows that I'm not into any services and they keep draining my airtime!!... without owing them any money!!!

(1) (Reply)

Equiano: Google’s Second Subsea Cable In Africa Arrives In Lagos (Pictures) / Do People Still Fall For This?! / Android Back Button Not Working; Try This Technique

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.