Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,764 members, 7,851,606 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:30 AM

Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here (361 Views)

Your Kids Will Benefit Greatly From Playing Educational Video Games. / Mathematics Guru Abeg Your Help Is Needed / 10 Famous Speech That Will Impact Greatly In Your Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by Effulgent(m): 9:27pm On May 01, 2019
check the pictures below
It all started on Sunday when an aunt of mine started having this itching feeling In her laps and she saw that on her lap.
So this night,when the itching became too much, we decided to give some pressing and squeezing hoping some whitish fluid comes out(we thought it was boil).
Lo and behold, what came out was something a parasite (looked like maggot, whitish in color) still kicking and bouncing. I forgot to get it on camera before it was removed and killed

my question now is
what could have caused this and
what can we do at this stage cos I'm confused and
could there be more inside ?
don't mind my grammar o

the pictures won't upload o..
I know from my explanation, you already get it
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by Effulgent(m): 9:29pm On May 01, 2019
Effulgent:
check the pictures below
It all started on Sunday when an aunt of mine started having this itching feeling In her laps and she saw that on her lap.
So this night,when the itching became too much, we decided to give some pressing and squeezing hoping some whitish fluid comes out(we thought it was boil).
Lo and behold, what came out was something a parasite (looked like maggot, whitish in color) still kicking and bouncing. I forgot to get it on camera before it was removed and killed

my question now is
what could have caused this and
what can we do at this stage cos I'm confused and
could there be more inside ?
don't mind my grammar o
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by SUPERPACK: 9:31pm On May 01, 2019
It is gotten from sand, especially if you seat on infected soil, its nothing serious, once had same in my hand.
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by Effulgent(m): 9:38pm On May 01, 2019
SUPERPACK:
It is gotten from sand, especially if you seat on infected soil, its nothing serious, once had same in my hand.

hope say e no go remain inside sha, and what's the name
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by matify83: 9:45pm On May 01, 2019
Do you keep pets especially dogs?
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by Effulgent(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2019
matify83:
Do you keep pets especially dogs?
no pet
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by matify83: 9:53pm On May 01, 2019
Effulgent:

no pet

The picture would have done justice to your case but from the little you said in your post, I think she may
have Cutenous larvae migrans, a worm infestation gotten from sand where pets like dogs and cats defecate.
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by Effulgent(m): 10:56pm On May 01, 2019
matify83:

The picture would have done justice to your case but from the little you said in your post, I think she may
have Cutenous larvae migrans, a worm infestation gotten from sand where pets like dogs and cats defecate.

Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by Effulgent(m): 10:57pm On May 01, 2019
matify83:

Picture uploaded
Re: Medical Practitioners, Biologists, Your Help Is Greatly Needed Here by matify83: 11:04pm On May 01, 2019
Effulgent:

Picture uploaded

Looks infected.

She should see a doctor for debridement and treatment where necessary but for now analgesic should do.

This is not telemedicine.

(1) (Reply)

Reps Pass Bill To Scrab Hnd-bsc Certificate – See Why / JAMB 2019 Original Result Slip Printing / 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.