Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market (35333 Views)

My Adventurous Trip To A Local Village Market In Delta State To Buy Yam Tubers. / Kubwa Village Market On Fire, 5 Persons Dead / Tinubu-ojo Installs Iyaloja, Babaloja In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by LazyGold(m): 12:17am On May 02, 2019
The leader of traders in Lagos and the Iyaloja General of Nigeria, Mrs Folashade Tinubu-Ojo, has said that some traders in the Computer village market who protested against the appointment of Iyaloja and Babaloja in the market on Tuesday were ill-informed.

Addressing a press briefing on Wednesday, Tinubu-Ojo, said all the markets in the state were under her control and the computer village market cannot be an exception.

According to our constitution, I can choose anybody from any local government in the state to head the market, all the iyaloja and babaloja in all the Lagos markets are my representatives in the market where they operate. Kindly educate them that phones, handsets, computers are commodities.

“They cannot tell us they are not pepper sellers, everybody cannot be textile dealers; they can’t tell us that computer village will be exonerated from other markets. We have the right to choose for them Iyaloja and Babaloja."

“Those people protesting never approached me to complain. They don’t have the initiative that the person leading the protest has finished his tenure and wants to remain in power."

“Computer village is not just an ICT hub, there are a lot of commodities being sold there; nobody can say it is wrong to select a babaloja and iyaloja for the market. Those that have been selected were not selected because they are Yoruba, in some of our markets in Lagos we have Igbos that were selected as market leaders,” Tinubu-Ojo said.

She said the appointment of Mrs Abisola Azeez and Mr Adeniyi Babalola, as Iyaloja and Babaloja of Computer Village respectively was done to maintain peace in the market among the traders.

https://punchng.com/i-can-choose-anybody-to-head-computer-village-market-tinubu-ojo/amp/

18 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Barney11: 12:21am On May 02, 2019
Still bad

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Kingpee2(m): 12:35am On May 02, 2019
The way we abuse power in this country is pathetically amazing ....

123 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Nobody: 12:50am On May 02, 2019
Computer village is the most peaceful market in lagos.Besides it reputation for criminal elements that the market leaders fail to curb.Maybe because there is no agbero who are harassing traders for owo Ile .
However, madam,you are enjoying the glory of your father who is the chairman of agbero in lagos.When he is erase,your reign as the iyaloja will cease to exist.

115 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by CityNGR: 12:57am On May 02, 2019
why are Igbos protesting in Lagos?

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by InaNla(f): 9:47am On May 02, 2019
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by tunwumi: 9:48am On May 02, 2019
Hdh
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Lighthammer(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2019
this is critical
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by SEONaijaExpert: 9:48am On May 02, 2019
These protesters are indeed deluded group of people.

Market is market in Lagos. How can that one carrying a placard that says computer village is an ICT hub and not pepper sellers, it's amazing how these guys thinks they can decide what happens in another man's land.

What happens to when in Rome, behave like and obey the Roman laws.

64 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by BruncleZuma: 9:48am On May 02, 2019
This is just bad...no matter the language you speak.

29 Likes

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by sunnyside16(m): 9:48am On May 02, 2019
Power intoxicates, absolute power intoxicates absolutely

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Samshumy: 9:49am On May 02, 2019
Nice one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:49am On May 02, 2019
sunnyside16:
Power intoxicates, absolute power intoxicates absolutely

What is the abuse or intoxication here?

How do you describe the rude defiance and invective laid by non indigenes calling Lagos "a no man's land"?

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by unofficialmadman: 9:49am On May 02, 2019
Sarcasm
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by masseratti: 9:50am On May 02, 2019
This is absolutely wrong, since she was given the title of iyaloja by Ọba Akinolu, she can not enforce her authority over places that are not under the Dominion of Ọba of Lagos, he authority should not go beyond Lagos Island, there is nothing like Iyaloja general, what will the iyoloja of ikorodu, EPE and Badagry now be or do, this is wrong if the state house of assembly passed any law to back this abnormally, the court should be approached, it's high time real indigenous people of Lagos steps in, this their silence and I don't care attitude will keep on costing them their real place in Lagos politics, you can't impose people to be collecting money on your behalf in places that is not under your dominion.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Amuocha: 9:50am On May 02, 2019
Scammers.

Non IT literate villagers trying to head computer village. grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Richkid97(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2019
Ipob pigs

How markets

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by youngsahito(m): 9:50am On May 02, 2019
what can I say?
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by BlackfireX: 9:50am On May 02, 2019
Chai....

Them never become president o.

Well every empire rise to fall

8 Likes

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Bighead9: 9:55am On May 02, 2019
Iyanmiris right now. grin grin grin

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by dokyOloye: 9:55am On May 02, 2019
Unnecessary tension and potential crises.
Why not allow the marketers choose their leaders themselves as done everywhere?

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by IvarTheBoneless: 9:55am On May 02, 2019
grin

cheesy.
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by IvarTheBoneless: 9:55am On May 02, 2019
grin

I think the only language PIGLETS understand is flogging.

The real owners of the land have set rules.

IF you don't like it, go back to your own lands and set your own rules

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by nabiz(m): 9:55am On May 02, 2019
Mmmmm
Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by anytexy: 9:56am On May 02, 2019
I thought markets due elect their leaders.

6 Likes

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by Elemosho478: 9:56am On May 02, 2019
The Iyaloja is right though

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Folashade Tinubu-Ojo: I Can Choose Anybody To Head Computer Village Market by IvarTheBoneless: 9:59am On May 02, 2019
tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Approves 173 Loan Apps, Bars Illegal Online Banks / Shoprite Customers Struggle To Buy Bread In Owerri (Video) / Femi Otedola Emerges Chairman Of First Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.