Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:12 AM

Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' (49777 Views)

Lionel Messi's New Look As He Resumes Training (Photos) / Jose Mourinho Gives Conditions To Be Met Before Joining Real Madrid / Mourinho Gives Surprising but Concrete Reason For Making Pogba Captain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by fineboynl(m): 4:23pm On May 02, 2019
Jose Mourinho watched Liverpool and Tottenham coaches Jurgen Klopp and Mauricio Pochettino lose in their Champions League fixtures this week.

Mourinho hailed Messi

Former Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho hailed Lionel Messi as 'the God of Football' following Barcelona's 3-0 victory over Liverpool.
Messi struck twice in the second-half of the
Champions League semi-final first leg at Camp Nou as Barca beat Liverpool by the same scoreline they defeated United in the quarter-final second leg.

Although Mourinho antagonised Barca as Internazionale and Real Madrid coach, he spent four years at the club working with the late Sir Bobby Robson and Louis van Gaal and his son, Jose Jr., is an avid Barcelona fan who is particularly reverential towards Messi.

Mourinho commended Liverpool for their bravery in Barcelona, where Sadio Mane lofted an excellent chance over the crossbar at 1-0 and Roberto Firmino had an effort cleared off the line before Mohamed Salah struck the post. Liverpool remarkably had more possession than Barca but could also have lost by a greater margin.

"Liverpool was brave in the approach,"
Mourinho told Russia Today. "I don't think in the past 20 years many teams in the Champions League beat Barcelona in ball possession in the Champions League.

Manchester United make Juan Mata final contract offer

"God of Football made it completely different. Of course [Barca] have a good team, phenomenal players, but that player is absolutely incredible.
"Liverpool deserve much more than the 3-0 defeat but in the last two corners of the game it could be 4-0 or 5-0, because the game was broken and then they couldn't cope. The question is which Barcelona will we have when Messi decides to say goodbye.
"Fabinho and even [Roberto] Firmino looks small [for the free-kick] but is not small. Firmino is the last one but this side, the goalkeeper gave one metre to the diagonal to cover that situation and it's impossible to stop.

Why Romelu Lukaku is considering leaving Manchester United

"Luis Suarez's movement [for the first goal] is phenomenal. One metre here, and I bring the defender with me, at least mentally because the defender thinks I'm going in that direction and now I'm going to attack the space in front. And goodbye."
Mourinho also questioned Tottenham coach Mauricio Pochettino's decision to play a back three in their 1-0 first leg loss to Ajax, who lined up with playmaker Dusan Tadic doubling as the centre forward.

"Tottenham was playing with three centre-backs against nobody," Mourinho scoffed.
Manchester United might have already made two key signings

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-messi-mourinho-news-16215802.amp

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by vanida6: 4:33pm On May 02, 2019
All nah trash we just lost nd that's not a big deal,,,, we gonna await then at Anfield.

Up Liverpool!!!

31 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by IamD18: 4:37pm On May 02, 2019
So after all these noise by Liverpool fans, they'll end up going trophy-less this season.

And they are yet to play Wolves again in Premier league.

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 02, 2019
grin grin grin grin the guy who,I'm coming.
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by OddslordIsBack: 4:38pm On May 02, 2019
fineboynl:
seun, lalasticlala
why are you calling me?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Jayslicky: 4:43pm On May 02, 2019
vanida6:
All nah trash we just lost nd that's not a big deal,,,, we gonna await then at Anfield.

Up Liverpool!!!
keep dreaming, just keep dreaming.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Nbote(m): 4:52pm On May 02, 2019
Everyone knows Messi is on anoda level whether he's winning trophies or not... He's d creator in chief and still ends up as chief scorer as well and even wen he doesn't score he's making a difference on d pitch.. Every attack right from d midfield goes thru him and ends with him in most cases... He doesn't need to prove anything to anyone but only to himself... Dey said he only performs becos of Xavi and Iniesta dey both left and he's still performing. Dey said Neymar was doing all d work for him and he wouldn't perform without him, Neymar left for PSG and he's being carrying d load.. Now d new excuse is dat he can't perform in d Premier league but he's d second highest scorer behind Aguero against d Premier League's top 6 sides and he doesn't even play in d Premier league!!!

190 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by vanida6: 4:55pm On May 02, 2019
Jayslicky:
keep dreaming, just keep dreaming.
shut'up I don't argue with amateurs angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Jayslicky: 5:01pm On May 02, 2019
vanida6:
shut up I don't argue with amateurs
what do you know about soccer little girl, I know yesterday's defeat was too much for you guyz but you don't need to sound frustrated, liverpool would always remain trophyless whether you like it or not.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by vanida6: 5:06pm On May 02, 2019
Jayslicky:
what do you know about soccer little girl, I know yesterday's defeat was too much for you guyz but you don't need to sound frustrated, liverpool would always remain trophyless whether you like it or not.
garbage

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by SexynSerious(f): 5:09pm On May 02, 2019
pretty girl wink

vanida6:
shut'up I don't argue with amateurs angry
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Jaytecq(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2019
Unah don hear now! Messi don leave goat for penaldo, MESSI is now 'The god of Football' cheesy

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by vanida6: 6:54pm On May 02, 2019
SexynSerious:
pretty girl wink
hy
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by SexynSerious(f): 7:48pm On May 02, 2019
you look so sweet wink

vanida6:
hy
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by vanida6: 9:12pm On May 02, 2019
SexynSerious:
you look so sweet wink
thanks
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by SexynSerious(f): 11:28pm On May 02, 2019
gud enuff to eat wink

vanida6:
thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by vanida6: 11:29pm On May 02, 2019
SexynSerious:
gud enuff to eat wink
uhmm nah food
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by SexynSerious(f): 11:54pm On May 02, 2019
haha. try me tongue

vanida6:
uhmm nah food
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Blackbishop(m): 7:34am On May 03, 2019
[quote author=vanida6 post=78047230]All nah trash we just lost nd that's not a big deal,,,, we gonna await then at Anfield.

Up Liverpool!!![/quot
Bae yhu sure won my respect as a YNWA blood line
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by columbus007(m): 8:15am On May 03, 2019
Am not a fan of that short goat messi.
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by anambraamaka: 9:28am On May 03, 2019
grin
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by stag: 9:28am On May 03, 2019
It was pure bliss watching Messi in that match!

With up to five Liverpool players guarding him front, right, left, back without much success.

That freekick? That was out of this world! shocked

Is Messi even human? What a alien!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Hoodbilonia: 9:29am On May 03, 2019
Messi been on FIRE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by ricon: 9:29am On May 03, 2019
I usually don't do this but I'm not just alright this morning.

Like for Messi, Share for Ronaldo

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Authoreety: 9:30am On May 03, 2019
Mourinho na animal of football
Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by freemanbubble: 9:31am On May 03, 2019
The most dreaded team in England was reduced to the level of Zaragoza in Spain and still some low budget asssss Moda fuckkkers still believe Messi need to play for English premier League to show he is actually good

Football = Messi

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jose Mourinho Gives Lionel Messi New Nickname 'The God Of Football' by Topmaike007(m): 9:31am On May 03, 2019
vanida6:

Up Liverpool!!!
so you still get mouth to talk after all the havoc you caused with mouth and Hereby resulting to cutting of my ticket on betpawa

Common GNG you guys can't do

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Messi Names Six Clubs That Can Stop PSG From Winning Champions League / Arsenal Launch £25m Offer For Croatian World Cup Star Domagoj Vida / AFCON 2019: Photos From The Match Between Nigeria and South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.