Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Just Before You Leave Nigeria - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Just Before You Leave Nigeria (33762 Views)

JAPA: 10 Groups Of People Who Should Leave Nigeria Immediately / Lady About To Leave Nigeria Becomes Insane At Lagos Airport (Pix, Video) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by DexterousOne(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2019
sentra05:

Good thinking!Because emergency services did not save some people in London, then not having them in Nigeria is no big deal since anybody who will die will die. For your info, God has given man all it takes to make her world a better place so it is now left to man to use their brain. You downplay the role of working health care in the UK but the number 1 man in Nigeria, the president will disagree with you because they are the one keeping him alive today.
Your last paragraph is why Nigeria and a lot of other African countries are shithole. The only thing that ever matters to us as a people is money, money and more money. The leaders know this and this is why they loot and bring part of the money on election eve to share to the people and win election. Because they the know the people don't care about the good roads, the state of healthcare, the state of education, whether there is electricity or not etc. after all who will die will die and people die even in western world where there the systems are working.

With money in our pocket, we do not care about any other thing else. After all, if road no good,we buy SUV to drive over it, if light no dey, we buy big gen at least fuel still dey for filling station, if armed robber invade our house, we don't need to call 911, we just go on our knees and start praying to God, if hospitals are ill equipped, that one no be problem, we travel abroad to get treated and for those who can't afford it, it is not a problem after all who will die will die.

No wonder! i used to wonder why our leaders who travel abroad all the time cannot replicate what they see here in Nigeria but with this mentality it is now clear that they don't even value what they see. What this means is that our greatest impediment to progress is our mentality as a people as it is clear that a clear majority of the people including those who live abroad don't value good things but only value what comes into their pockets. This is to say that the state of Nigeria today is no big deal and it can remain like this till eternity as long as we are smiling to the bank. Bravo!Good thinking!

You have saud it all
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:06pm On May 10, 2019
asuustrike1:

So South Africa, Egypt, Rwanda and other African countries took over 200 years to provide the basic necessities of life?. Nigeria can't even do this yet you expect many to stay.
Falls from Mount Everest grin, chai cheesy

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 10, 2019
DexterousOne:

Your last paragraph has shown that you don't know what you are saying undecided

High birth rate is dangerous
And China had to put a cap on it to save themselves

high birth rate isn't dangerous..pls show me proves where high birth rate was a disaster in human history.

china has stopped his one child policy because of imbalance between male and female in their society..many families aborted their female child because they prefer male child..the govt had to stop the policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 10, 2019
DexterousOne:

Based on your definition of high net worth individuals

There are SO MANY of them like that who have at least moved their family out of that hopeless third world failed $hithole country to other places to live

The rate of migration has increased exponentially

there are so many of the..... for all i know most Nigerian High net worth individual live in Nigeria...dangote, tinuba, atiku, ty danguma, otedola and the rest are still living in Nigeria..those running out of Nigeria are the working class
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 2:13pm On May 10, 2019
DexterousOne:

Being a Nigerian in 2019 is now a big curse
Hian, the Patriots / patriotic citizens of the federal Republic of Nigeria will soon come for your head with AK 47, ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons for your comment above, sipping my Jack Daniels with a plate of fresh fish pepper soup on the peak of Mount Everest in Nepal while watching proceedings as they unfold cheesy

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Beautyaddy: 6:04pm On May 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, the Patriots / patriotic citizens of the federal Republic of Nigeria will soon come for your head with AK 47, ballistic missiles and nuclear weapons for your comment above, sipping my Jack Daniels with a plate of fresh fish pepper soup on the peak of Mount Everest in Nepal while watching proceedings as they unfold cheesy

hahahahaha!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 5:39am On May 11, 2019
MajorJeffery:
Even the heavens won't forgive whoever has the opportunity of leaving Nigeria but don't wanna utilize it.

Yes it's not a bed of roses any where but hardwork pays in saner societies. Providing safe society, energy, good drinking water, good roads and sound healthcare in Nigeria isn't a rocket science. Are those so hard to provide by those thieves in Abuja? Abeg, leave that sh1t hole if you can. undecided

Hahahaha funny u. Well that's they reality Sha... People are indeed leaving this country in droves!

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Nobody: 9:26am On May 11, 2019
Nigerian fails to realize that the country is a Developing Country, it requires time and true patriotism by its citizens to work. Those countries you guys are running to have gone through the same struggle and faced it head-on; not run like cowards like most nigerian are. USA is OVer 200years of civilization and likewise UK and many Developed country. Those that are developed made a decision to stay and fix their country ,not run to the country of the day then.
Yea those countries took over two hundred years to develop but certain things were in place.Coming to Africa, many Nigerians still travel to SA to do business because their government provide many social amenities. Is it too hard for ours to do or is it a rock science? How can neighbouring country enjoy some of these amenities yet the acclaimed giant of Africa lack such? Are you aware that many SMEs are dying on daily basis because of this fact?

To travel abroad is not bad in itself. Just like the Chinese, you are suppose to go LEGALLY and Acquire necessary skill to take back to your own country of origin. Not Born-Throway.
Do we value our talents here? The Pull Him syndrome is prevalent over here. The government doesn't care whether you have the skills or not.

I was born abroad but doing everything back home and change the tiny bit i can with my acquired training: just like the WISE chinese. ITs only a stupid set of people will spend their USEFUL age abroad serving a country the will never be theirs.
You had enjoyed the basic necessities of life over that is why you would say such however many Nigerians haven't. Please I would advice that you stay where you are for now because coming home would make it worst.

[/quote]
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by AngelicBeing: 10:29am On May 11, 2019
asuustrike1:

Yea those countries took over two hundred years to develop but certain things were in place.Coming to Africa, many Nigerians still travel to SA to do business because their government provide many social amenities. Is it too hard for ours to do or is it a rock science? How can neighbouring country enjoy some of these amenities yet the acclaimed giant of Africa lack such? Are you aware that many SMEs are dying on daily basis because of this fact?

Do we value our talents here? The Pull Him syndrome is prevalent over here. The government doesn't care whether you have the skills or not.

You had enjoyed the basic necessities of life over that is why you would say such however many Nigerians haven't. Please I would advice that you stay where you are for now because coming home would make it worst.

grin cool
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by robonski15(m): 3:09pm On May 19, 2019
Manweysabi:

No be only commitment fee

Bro, you're about to be scammed

Bro longest of times..
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by Manweysabi(m): 3:32pm On May 19, 2019
robonski15:

Bro longest of times..

Robonski robonska!

I dey o... How far you
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by booksrite(f): 6:51am On Jun 29, 2019
high birth rate isn't dangerous..pls show me proves where high birth rate was a disaster in human history.china has stopped his one child policy because of imbalance between male and female in their society..many families aborted their female child because they prefer male child..the govt had to stop the policy.

embarassed
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by drmikeadams(m): 2:40am On Apr 02, 2020
sentra05:

Good thinking!Because emergency services did not save some people in London, then not having them in Nigeria is no big deal since anybody who will die will die. For your info, God has given man all it takes to make her world a better place so it is now left to man to use their brain. You downplay the role of working health care in the UK but the number 1 man in Nigeria, the president will disagree with you because they are the one keeping him alive today.
Your last paragraph is why Nigeria and a lot of other African countries are shithole. The only thing that ever matters to us as a people is money, money and more money. The leaders know this and this is why they loot and bring part of the money on election eve to share to the people and win election. Because they the know the people don't care about the good roads, the state of healthcare, the state of education, whether there is electricity or not etc. after all who will die will die and people die even in western world where there the systems are working.

With money in our pocket, we do not care about any other thing else. After all, if road no good,we buy SUV to drive over it, if light no dey, we buy big gen at least fuel still dey for filling station, if armed robber invade our house, we don't need to call 911, we just go on our knees and start praying to God, if hospitals are ill equipped, that one no be problem, we travel abroad to get treated and for those who can't afford it, it is not a problem after all who will die will die.

No wonder! i used to wonder why our leaders who travel abroad all the time cannot replicate what they see here in Nigeria but with this mentality it is now clear that they don't even value what they see. What this means is that our greatest impediment to progress is our mentality as a people as it is clear that a clear majority of the people including those who live abroad don't value good things but only value what comes into their pockets. This is to say that the state of Nigeria today is no big deal and it can remain like this till eternity as long as we are smiling to the bank. Bravo!Good thinking!
grin grin grin. After reading this the small little hope wey I be get don vanish grin. Even with additional 500 years this shot hole is doomed
Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by EgunMogaji2: 4:11am On Apr 02, 2020
Nice post OP. I agree with a lot of the stuff that you wrote, except for the God stuff.

I moved back to Nigeria a year ago and to me is wonderful and something I should have done 5 to 10 years prior.

I have a thread on here about my story. On there I wrote that the Nigerian border is open and countries are offering visa so anyone can check out whenever they want. Anyone that wants to go can go, can come back or can stay.

The only thing that grinds my gear is those that put the country down. It’s not necessary.

Good luck to all travelers.

1 Like

Re: Just Before You Leave Nigeria by johnHerba(m): 6:22pm On Jan 10, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pilot Fights Passengers Over Max Airline Flight Delay (Video) / Pilot Couple Carrying 324 Fired After They Fought And Both Abandoned The Cockpit / 11 Jigawa Youths Die In Road Accident While Going For Navy Screening Exam (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.