Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,458 members, 7,854,002 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:20 AM

Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa (372 Views)

Obaseki Offers Automatic Employment To 12 First Class Graduates Of Edo Varsity / Ajakaiye Daniel Oluwatobi: Governor Akeredolu Offers Employment To AAUA Best / Kano Varsity Offers Automatic Employment To 35 First Class Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa by Myvonne23(f): 7:07am On May 03, 2019
GOV. DICKSON OFFERS AUTOMATIC EMPLOYMENT TO Ph.D HOLDERS FROM BAYELSA, OTHER IJAW SPEAKING STATES

Bayelsa State Governor, The Honourable Henry Seriake Dickson has offered automatic employment to all Ph.D holders of the state origin as well as those from Ijaw speaking states in the country.

The State Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Daniel Iworiso-Markson in a statement said Governor Dickson made the announcement on Thursday while inaugurating the Committee for the Employment of Ph.D holders.

He said those to be employed will be deployed to the various state-owned tertiary institutions like the Niger Delta University (NDU), The University of Africa, The Bayelsa Medical University, The College of Education, The Bayelsa State Polytechnic and others.

According to him, the massive employment of Ph.D holders which also covers those in the disaspora is part of the ongoing efforts of the Restoration Government to reposition the state education sector and make it more viable.

Iworiso-Markson explained that following the inauguration of the committee headed by the Secretary to the State Government, Barrister Kemela Okara those who are interested can apply through the committee for immediate employment.

He added that the employment of Ph.D holders will boost tertiary education in the state and help develop the capacity of undergraduates in the different higher institutions.

The Government spokesman noted that the automatic employment for Ph.D holders is coming few weeks after the governor announced similar gesture for all first class graduates of the state origin.

"This is another clear statement we are making with our resolve to reposition our education sector for greater productivity. There is no doubt that Governor Dickson has delivered in that critical sector. We believe strongly that this automatic employment will bring about academic excellence in our tertiary institutions.

"It is a great opportunity for all Ph.D holders to take advantage of and in his usual magnanimity he has also extended the gesture to all those who are not from Bayelsa but hails from Ijaw speaking states like Rivers, Delta, Ondo, Edo and Akwa Ibom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa by emmahoney(m): 11:26am On May 03, 2019
Do good to provide a source for this great news.
Re: Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa by Nobody: 9:11pm On May 03, 2019
Once you provide a source it might hit front page
Re: Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa by Myvonne23(f): 7:38pm On Jun 26, 2019
I'm the source. I'm media assistant to the governor.
emmahoney:
Do good to provide a source for this great news.
Re: Gov. Dickson Offers Automatic Employment To Ph.d Holders From Bayelsa by Myvonne23(f): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2019
Ok, but I'm media assistant(new media) but I'll drop links to our page. Thanks all the same
Myvonne23:
I'm the source. I'm media assistant to the governor.

(1) (Reply)

How To Ask For A Letter Of Recommendation / What Jamb Regularization Is About And How To Do Regularization / Breaking: JAMB, Stakeholders Fix Cut-off Mark For 2019/2020 Admission Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.