Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria (49990 Views)

David Alaba Presents His Jersey To President Tinubu In Paris / Dickson Nwakaeme: Samson Siasia Asked Me To Pay Bribe For Beijing 2008 / David Alaba Visits Super Eagles Camp In Austria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by booblacain(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2019
David Alaba, the Nigerian who plays for Austria has reportedly revealed that he didn't play for Nigeria because he was asked by officials to bring bribe before he will be allowed to play.

David alaba, Bayern Munich star, has accused coaches of the Golden Eaglets of denying him the opportunity to join the Nigerian squad at the 2007 FIFA World Cup in South Korea because he refused to pay bribe.

The late Yemi Tella was in charge of the Eaglets at the time.

In an interview with All Nigeria Soccer, alaba called the Nigeria U-17 coaches, “jokers” and vowed not to have anything to do with any of them in future.

He claimed to have trained with Palanga midfielder, Haruna Lukman Abdulkarim, UB Conquense forward, Macauley Chrisantus and Slovan Bratislava’s midfielder, Rabiu Ibrahim ahead of the 2007 World Cup.

The 26-year-old was eligible to represent Nigeria but he switched to Austria, his country of birth, after that encounter.

alaba, who was born in Vienna, capital of Austria, has a Filipino mother and Nigerian father.

alaba has earned 68 caps for Austria, scoring 13 goals and represented the country at the 2016 European Championship.

On September 9, 2007, the late Tella led a team of youngsters to win the FIFA U-17 World Cup.

That was the third time Nigeria had that title after previous wins in 1985 in China and 1993 in Japan.

https://www.thecable.ng/bayern-munich-star-speaks-on-how-refusal-to-pay-bribe-stopped-him-from-playing-for-nigeria/amp

2 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by LegalBard(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2019
After Marcelo, Alba, I go for him. I love his style of football.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nbote(m): 5:32pm On May 03, 2019
Dats why we have all sorts of shitty players wearing d super Eagles jersey. Na who get leg and cash pass dey get call up. Except for d already established ones

50 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Vulcanheph(m): 5:39pm On May 03, 2019
Na wah oooooooo!!!
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by SageMK: 5:59pm On May 03, 2019
This reminds me of the incorruptible judge.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Vimach(m): 10:07am On May 04, 2019
So no be today this corruption start for football sef....

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nostradamus: 11:04am On May 04, 2019
I believe alaba might be saying the truth here. Asking for bribes is not beyond nigerians with their weird level of greed. A nairalander who made the cut to play for the eaglets made a post sometimes ago about his inability to pay the #2million bribe they slammed on him..

I only hope our greed and selfishness will not ruin us in this country.even the judiciary and religious institutions are not left out.

142 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 04, 2019
It is a norm in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by PMBtill2023: 5:09pm On May 04, 2019
Only few Nigerian coaches will make heaven,we lost a great player due to the corrupt idiots from the glass house,now where is Matthew Edile,the stupid old player choosen ahead of Alaba...No wonder Daniel Apkeyi is still playing for the team.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by SILVERLINES: 10:50pm On May 04, 2019
It must be Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by KingLennon(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2019
Can you imagine? We lost a very good player just because of some corrupt fellows in the glass house. If we don't see Chukwueze in our nations cup team the will be problem o grin

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:51pm On May 04, 2019
grin

We won the World Cup without you. grin

Unfortunately, Chrisantus faded faster than a fart. tongue

I am sure David Alaba is one of the few still active in that squad.

14 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by okonja(m): 10:51pm On May 04, 2019
What a Disgusting nonsenseundecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by StarUp: 10:51pm On May 04, 2019
That's bad... So a talented but broke hustler cannot be called up to join the national team without dropping "roger or moolah" for the coaches? We need serious help in Nigeria...

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by MrThisandthat(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2019
Idiot... Why u no talk since Mtscheww!
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 04, 2019
Corrupt country.
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Censorme: 10:52pm On May 04, 2019
so what were you expecting. Even bribe is paid in some churches to become a senior pastor

Next?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by obojememe: 10:53pm On May 04, 2019
no b lie
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Neddstark: 10:53pm On May 04, 2019
Corruption has eaten so deep into us that this country will just never go forward in sports. We will keep chasing our best talents away to other countries. Failed system

3 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by fasho01(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2019
Too bad..
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by martineverest(m): 10:53pm On May 04, 2019
nigeria islamic riddled with corruption... Nigerians and their government are the problems of Nigeria..the citizens are more corrupt than the government..

corrupt citizens beget corrupt government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by anambraamaka: 10:54pm On May 04, 2019
You see their life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by smeag0l(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2019
None will make heaven except a few of the oyibo coaches. Even siaisia was collecting bribe from players that are nothing to write home about although , he told the terrible players that can afford the sum he labelled on them that they'll be in the squad remain on the bench even with their money.
PMBtill2023:
Only few Nigerian coaches will make heaven,we lost a great player due to the corrupt idiots from the glass house,now where is Matthew Edile,the stupid old player choosen ahead of Alaba...No wonder Daniel Apkeyi is still playing for the team.

11 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 04, 2019
That's how we lost a good player and might still loose more

8 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Haywhymido(m): 10:55pm On May 04, 2019
I don't doubt this, na their usual way. Everything is money in Nigeria that is why we are so backward in every sector excluding corruption.
Talentless rich square pegs keep entering into round holes.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Upton: 10:56pm On May 04, 2019
Imagine
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Ihutomi: 10:56pm On May 04, 2019
is coming late oh,tella don die oh we for ask am

1 Like

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by lawrenzo007(m): 10:56pm On May 04, 2019
Nigeria n bribe are 5 n 6

3 Likes

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Nagavusines: 10:58pm On May 04, 2019
[
Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by Chukwurah003: 10:58pm On May 04, 2019
Corruption is PDP’s legacy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Alaba: I Was Asked To Pay Bribe Before Playing For Nigeria by eleko1: 10:58pm On May 04, 2019
sad Handiwork of those fat hyenas, jackals bastards.Those useless THIEVES probably asked others too.It shall neva be well with NFA

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Al Ahly: The Club That Won The Most Trophies In The World / Mourinho Releases Statement Following Manchester United Sack / Ahmed Musa Reacts After His Goal Was Ranked 8th Best At World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.