Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars - Autos (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars (1171148 Views)

SOLD.....Registered Toyota Corolla - 2004 @ N1,200,000.00 / Registered Toyota Camry - 2005 @ N1,200,000.00 / SOLD.....Clean Registered Infiniti FX35 - 2007 @ N1.200,000.00 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by amdman: 7:20am On Aug 20, 2020
michealekene:

I asked you price for rx330 ...2004 model or 2005 and pics.
Since 4 days ago. No reply

2005 Lexus RX330

No faults reported

64k miles

N3.3m

16 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by SaintHilary(m): 7:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Dem use "Closed Deals" and "Welcome to Nigeria" backup that guy complaints ni sha grin grin grin

Amdman b calming down o

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by SamuelLoch: 7:35am On Aug 20, 2020
eHydrated:

Funny thing is; the fix was done like last week Thursday. Car runs great and the dashboard is cluster free. I had written this off but the dude didnt even care to check up on. I cudnt let dat shit slide, it aint abt the money.

You would have to let it slide. I and many others here were thinking your car wasn't running fine but since you've attested that the car runs great please let's move on to "Welcome to Nigeria" and "closed deals"
I would have also said "sorry about the additional cost" but you already said "It ain't about the money"

17 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Sicilyjoe: 7:36am On Aug 20, 2020
SaintHilary:
Dem use "Closed Deals" and "Welcome to Nigeria" backup that guy complaints ni sha grin grin grin

Amdman b calming down o

No be small thing
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by kingreign(m): 7:40am On Aug 20, 2020
eHydrated:
Dear Maxwell Asowata,

Ordinarily i wouldn't have thought to make this public if only you had shown a little degree of after service concern. I had to wait a week to make this review in order to distill my emotions out of this whole ordeal. Your lack of concern is damming and for a client that never at any point haggle price with you, it leaves a bad taste.

This review expresses perhaps one of the worst case scenario that could play out, if, during handling (loading, offloading, shipping or transport) of a car, it gets damaged. If the fix is somewhat expensive( as it is unforseen), a patched up job will most likely be done just to get it delivered to the owner. Your panel beaters are abysmal (from my experience) or maybe their performance is as a consequence that doing a standard job ll exceed a certain finacial threshold for you. Then a unilateral decision is made to cut corners without seeking the opine of the customer who may or may not be willing to reach a compromise just to get a tidy job done. In my case, I complained and you where quick to label my 3 months wait as a LOSS for you. After that, you go offline, read and ignore.

This is to let you know that i spent well over 70k overhauling the whole exhaust system of the 2007 HONDA Accord i recently took possession from your team on the 11th of August 2020 with the CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. From buying a new taiwan catalyst, upper and downstream oxygen sensor, upper net, lower catalyst (female side) mount  etc. And to prevent a scenario where blames are apportioned to my mechanics, i did consider radoautoworks but i eventually settled for the team recommended by mr rowland aka luvinhubby (a nairaland cartalk honda guru) due to promixity and pricing.

I shortpaid you by 10k and your reactions when i informed you of the possibility that a substantial amount will/may be further expended were: 1. " Your transaction was at a loss to me and i took your balance like that to close your chapter"  2. " i aint splitting any extra cost on repairs with you afterall i have paid for a sensor, what are you talking about? ". Listen boss, i have now overpaid you by over 70k and this transaction will be a profit to me, no regrets here and i choose to focus on the positives.

I hereby grant you express permission to use and publish our communications in your defence as i have already attached evidences of the work i did plus a reliable alibi in the person of mr luvinhubby. You cant be big and operate small; Lanre ll go to the port, lanre ll take possession, Lanre ll do interstate delivery. Then, who, if i may ask, checkmates the mechanic, panel beaters and painters? Too much trust in these people brings about complacency. My advise to you is to apply the same standard used in canada here in Nigeria and to consider doing some sort of insurance on your operations

To prospective clients, we all can't be lucky, we all can't be unlucky, things like these happen but concern, empathy and communication is key, so allow room for renegotiation if things go south. Maxwell will tell you the truth most of the time, your funds are safe and generally, his Canadian end of operation is near perfect. However, the Nigerian end is somewhat overhelmed and spread too thin without a proper framework, hence, end product quality assurance cannot be guaranteed. I advise you consider roro shipping to prevent avoidable damages and set funds aside for eventualities. Peace y'all. Client 101351
How does it feel having a taste of your own poison?

Remember what I said in June and you ranted and shouted and made all sort of needless comments?
It's playing out again, this time, you're the victim.
As much as I empathize with you on this issue, I feel it should be a lesson you and everyone out there should learn from.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by kingreign(m): 7:42am On Aug 20, 2020
Hauptmann:

I recall that this is one of the guys that dismissed codyella's complaints with scorn and derision, and here he is with the same complaints and has found himself in the exact aame condition as codyella did months ago

Instead of lamenting on this thread, why don't you get the OP to replace the damaged items just as you claimed he would, when Codyella and the other client had similar problems with their cars

Karma is real, indeed.

Very real. As much as I empathize with him, I am also glad it happened to him so he'll taste exactly what other complainants he hushed tasted.

Las Las we go dey alright.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by steel5800(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2020
Thanks amdman. Will get back to you.
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Namzy(m): 8:16am On Aug 20, 2020
eHydrated:

Encircled is the reason i didnt revert back to you. It was your last statement and It is open to different interpretations. So nairalanders:
click "like" if it means "Go to Hell"
Click "share" if it means otherwise
Nah I don't think it means "go to hell" IMHO

7 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Mup4life: 8:39am On Aug 20, 2020
kingreign:

Very real. As much as I empathize with him, I am also glad it happened to him so he'll taste exactly what other complainants he hushed tasted.

Las Las we go dey alright.
YOU SHOULD GO BACK UP AND READ THE WHATSAPP MESSAGE POSTED SLOWLY AND REMOVE GRUDGES FROM YOUR HEART.

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by xreal: 8:41am On Aug 20, 2020
Asquare84:

I don't know what Nigeria mechanic gain by stealing car idomie, most of my official car idomie were stollen by mechanic

It's quick money for them.
There are always ready buyers.

Bro. not in Nigeria alone.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Samtobh(m): 8:52am On Aug 20, 2020
Mup4life:
YOU SHOULD GO BACK UP AND READ THE WHATSAPP MESSAGE POSTED SLOWLY AND REMOVE GRUDGES FROM YOUR HEART.

Sometimes I wonder what some folks exactly want. You want a car with zero faults, simply drive to Coscharis or Elizade!

A Tokunbo/Foreign Used Car can never be 100% perfect. Only a brand new vehicle is devoid of faults and all.

Amdman let go of 10k to fix the sensor. The problem was those who did the cutting and welding did a shabby job.

These are teething issues that can be fixed without casting serious aspersions on the good work Amdman is doing here.

I haven't bought a car from him yet but follow this thread keenly.

2 things worthy to note:
1. Your money is safe
2. You get the ride you pay for

These 2 are luxuries when you compare to other dealers on NL, I won't mention names, you know them.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by michealekene(m): 8:52am On Aug 20, 2020
amdman:

2005 Lexus RX330

No faults reported

64k miles

N3.3m

Can it do 3m?
What of 2004 model?

Does the price include shipping and paperwork?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by HRtechnique: 9:01am On Aug 20, 2020
I am just laughing here.

Honestly, all the complaints I am seeing are a no issue.
Yes it can be painful when you are wearing the shoes but trust me, at the end of the day, everyone still got a good deal.

1. Safe money at Amdmans hands
2. Delivery of vehicle guaranteed at least so far
3. Resolution also guaranteed when issues arises.

What else do you want?

LET LOVE LEAD AND LETS BE HAPPY FOR A MANS BUSINESS WHO IS SOLVING A PROBLEM.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by kingreign(m): 9:02am On Aug 20, 2020
Mup4life:
Keep quiet and stop yelling! I bear no grudges against no one. If you do, that's you keep it to your self.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Mup4life: 9:19am On Aug 20, 2020
kingreign:

Keep quiet and stop yelling! I bear no grudges against no one. If you do, that's you keep it to your self.

Thanks!
You lack manners and understanding remove grudges from your heart it would make you a better person . good day

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by kingreign(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2020
Mup4life:
You lack manners and understanding remove grudges from your heart it would make you a better person . good day

It's good you heed to my instruction to stop yelling and be quiet. As for the grudge part,you should check yourself, you keep grudge that's why you think others do. Work on your self it will do you a lot of good.

Good day!

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by unikazzy(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2020
Good Morning to you all

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by samuelson06(m): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2020
eHydrated:

Funny thing is; the fix was done like last week Thursday. Car runs great and the dashboard is cluster free. I had written this off but the dude didnt even care to check up on. I cudnt let dat shit slide, it aint abt the money.

I understand you perfectly. Forgive and move on. Be happy with your ride. It is well.

3 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by loshybab(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2020
deepwater:

With this comprehension skill of yours please don't attempt IELTS
cheesy grin grin grin
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by mikoladproperty: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hello amdman
Pls how much should I budget for any of the following cars:
2005-2007 Corolla Sport
2008/2009 Camry v4 engine
2008/2009 Corolla

Thanks
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by BHyundai(m): 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2020
I bought a car with Amdman and I'll drop my review soon.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by pepe1: 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2020
eHydrated:

Encircled is the reason i didnt revert back to you. It was your last statement and It is open to different interpretations. So nairalanders:
click "like" if it means "Go to Hell"
Click "share" if it means otherwise

Not necessary...Sir/Madam.

Always try to exhaust amicable settlements before running to this thread.

Good to let it slide.

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Martini101(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2020
Getting a trusted artisan in Nigeria now look like a Herculean task, as they are always eager to fleece you including the agreed fee. Amdman is just suffering from the inefficiency of his Nigeria Staff. Imagine, a car coming all the way from Canada, and we start hearing stories when it lands in Nigeria.

NB: These guys will spoil business for you, as not everybody will understand.

8 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Jessewizy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 20, 2020
Mup4life:
Allow that idiot be. We know him. Sore losers geng

4 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by radautoworks: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2020
Martini101:
Getting a trusted artisan in Nigeria now look like a Herculean task, as they are always eager to fleece you including the agreed fee. Amdman is just suffering from the inefficiency of his Nigeria Staff. Imagine, a car coming all the way from Canada, and we start hearing stories when it lands in Nigeria.

NB: These guys will spoil business for you, as not everybody will understand.

https://www.nairaland.com/4534157/useful-car-information-mr-transmission/1#82890312

You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Hauptmann: 3:29pm On Aug 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by LiquidMerc: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Hauptmann:
why didn't you quote her? Hatred go kill...

5 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by peeps4u: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2020
SaintHilary:

Amdman b calming down o

......and open deals.

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Blankstare(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2020
amdman:
2004 INFINITI G

No reported faults

257k km

N1.25m all costs included

VIN: JNKCV51E54M617977

How far with this chief?
Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Joselph95(m): 8:04pm On Aug 20, 2020
amdman:
Welcome to Nigeria!

Toyota Camry

WELCOME!!!

1 Like

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by seyithug(m): 2:50am On Aug 21, 2020
SaintHilary:

Amdman b calming down o
grin cheesy Thought I was the only one that saw that. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: N1,200,000 or Less Tokunbo Cars by Passionate888: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2020
amdman:
Welcome to Nigeria!
Lexus IS 250
Barrsly e don land o... We go Wash am

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (349) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.