Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,121 members, 7,821,843 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken (or How To Make Three Meals At Once) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken (or How To Make Three Meals At Once) (560 Views)

'Buhari's Pot': Man Constructs Pot For Cooking 2 Meals At The Same Time (Photos) / EndSARS: Ijebu-Ode Protesters Kill Cow, Roast It At Protest Ground (Photos) / Chicken Or Tolotolo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken (or How To Make Three Meals At Once) by atnerjennac24(f): 4:47am On May 05, 2019

I think I finally found the perfect Roast Chicken recipe. Between lemon, butter, rosemary and thyme, as well as the organic chicken, there’s a lot to love.

When I took these pictures, I was making four chickens for three meals at one time — two chicken dinners for new moms in our parish, and one 2-chicken dinner for us and my visiting in-laws.

The main ingredients are chicken, softened butter, whole lemons, fresh rosemary sprigs, fresh thyme, and a little salt and pepper.

Start by zesting the lemons and mincing the herbs. Add lemon zest and herbs to the softened butter.

Mix together the butter mix (I used my hands while wearing culinary gloves) until it’s well blended.

Juice the lemons.

Rub the butter mix under the skin, into the cavities, on the outside of the chicken, in its creases — basically, all over until you run out of butter.
Pour the lemon juice over the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place lemon halves and 2 rosemary sprigs in the cavity. Bake at 425 (regular) or 400 (convection) for 45 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes (depending on size of chicken).

Or, add a homemade seasoned rice mix, veggies or other sides and deliver to a family near you to cook at their convenience. This simple recipe and the make-ahead method has been a huge breakthrough for me in making meals for moms. In addition to the two I made when taking these pictures, I recently made another four chicken dinners this way, delivering three in one day and freezing the other for later use.

As we prepare for our own new baby, I am looking forward to making this and other recipes and stocking up our freezer.

Recipe for Once Roast Chicken

• 1 whole chicken, pat dry
• 2/3 cup butter, soft
• 3 lemons
• 3 sprigs rosemary
• 2 sprigs thyme
• Salt & pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Zest two lemons.
3. Finely chop leaves from one sprig rosemary and one sprig thyme.
4. Combine butter, lemon zest, herbs and salt/pepper in a bowl, mixing well.
5. Smear butter mixture in and on the chicken.
6. Cut lemons in half and juice one, pouring juice over the chicken.
7. Fill cavity with lemon halves and remaining herb sprigs.
8. Roast chicken for 45 minute to 1 hr 15 minutes, until 165 degrees F.
9. Carve and serve!

Thanks to the Pioneer Woman for the original recipe, and to my husband for helping me make meals for new moms in record time.

See Also:
5 Best Water Bath Canners, Best Pots For Canning
======
More at: morninghomestead.com

(1) (Reply)

Ferreror Rocher Cake From Scratch / . / Yam And Egg Sauce That Vibes You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.