Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Fault On 2011 Ford Escape - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fault On 2011 Ford Escape (1884 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / Anti Pollution Fault On 307 2004 Model HELP!!! / Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2019
As I got home few weeks ago,my 2011 Ford escape just developed a fault.reverse gear won't go back and drive gear would drag and reluctantly move the vehicle.the worst part is when it's on neutral, the car cannot even be pushed front or back.i don't know why it's stiff.now the car is just parked in the house and won't move at all except to the front on drive.
please note there is no check engine on the dash,I can hear hummings from the transmission when engaged,recently it stopped but car still won't move.scans reveal no error code.vehicle is still tokunbo,not registered.i imported from US personally.transmission oil is full and not dirty.the confusing part is why we can't push the vehicle even when it's on neutral.I need an expert who can take his time out to come check the car in Idimu area of lagos.kindly signify if you can be of help and I would contact you with further info.if only the car could move,I would have preferred to drive it to an expert but it doesn't move and neither can it be pushed.
cc gazzuzz
cc Kashif
oluwaseunla
AutoElectNG
honmusa
radautoworks
nurey
anyone experience this kind of issue before?
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 3:33pm On May 05, 2019
autologic could this be a mechsnical or electtical issue?
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 3:34pm On May 05, 2019
autologic could this be a mechanical or electrical issue?
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by nurey(m): 4:04pm On May 05, 2019
Joehigashi:
As I got home few weeks ago,my 2011 Ford escape just developed a fault.reverse gear won't go back and drive gear would drag and reluctantly move the vehicle.the worst part is when it's on neutral, the car cannot even be pushed front or back.i don't know why it's stiff.now the car is just parked in the house and won't move at all except to the front on drive.
please note there is no check engine on the dash,I can hear hummings from the transmission when engaged,recently it stopped but car still won't move.scans reveal no error code.vehicle is still tokunbo,not registered.i imported from US personally.transmission oil is full and not dirty.the confusing part is why we can't push the vehicle even when it's on neutral.I need an expert who can take his time out to come check the car in Idimu area of lagos.kindly signify if you can be of help and I would contact you with further info.if only the car could move,I would have preferred to drive it to an expert but it doesn't move and neither can it be pushed.

call a mechanic in your area to check

The drive shaft

If it's 4wd check the differential that links the both front wheels and rear wheels.

Also what happened to the car recently and what work was done recently. Also what is the title of the vehicle flooded or accidented?
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 4:22pm On May 05, 2019
nurey:

call a mechanic in your area to check

The drive shaft

If it's 4wd check the differential that links the both front wheels and rear wheels.

Also what happened to the car recently and what work was done recently. Also what is the title of the vehicle flooded or accidented?

vehicle is not flooded neither is it accidented. I imported personally. nothing has been done in it since it came to nigeria,I was recently thinking of oil change.
no Nigerian mechanic has visited the car since it came and I don't want to invite someone who would not know what he/she is doing. I have been using cars for years but never experienced such.i don't even know how to explain the issue that's why I'm looking for someone who can come see the car and diagnose
at least if the drive shaft is bad,vehicle should still move when it being pushed in neutral position right?
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by nurey(m): 4:49pm On May 05, 2019
Joehigashi:

vehicle is not flooded neither is it accidented. I imported personally. nothing has been done in it since it came to nigeria,I was recently thinking of oil change.
no Nigerian mechanic has visited the car since it came and I don't want to invite someone who would not know what he/she is doing. I have been using cars for years but never experienced such.i don't even know how to explain the issue that's why I'm looking for someone who can come see the car and diagnose
at least if the drive shaft is bad,vehicle should still move when it being pushed in neutral position right?

What type of scanner did you use? I hope it's not those Bluetooth variant. You can check the profiles of the gurus and lift their numbers from there, call them one by one if they can send a representative to diagnose the car and ensure you tell them you will pay for such services that can boost their morale to show face.

1 Like

Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 5:29pm On May 05, 2019
nurey:

What type of scanner did you use? I hope it's not those Bluetooth variant. You can check the profiles of the gurus and lift their numbers from there, call them one by one if they can send a representative to diagnose the car and ensure you tell them you will pay for such services that can boost their morale to show face.

let's see how far we can go with that
thank you
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by autologic: 5:50pm On May 05, 2019
Joehigashi:
autologic could this be a mechsnical or electtical issue?
The transmission module will need to be scanned and certain pid checked on live data with a professional scanner to ascertain this.

1 Like

Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by larrixauto2017(m): 6:52pm On May 05, 2019
Hello sir are you in lagos. If yes you can let me know cause the problem of the car as you have said. There is a lot of things that can cause that. But require a physical diagnosis to avoid guessing what is not. Thank you
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by CHISPAREPARTS(m): 9:01pm On May 05, 2019
Op get a high end scan tool and rescan the transmission control module. Also get a tool that can read live data. I could send a representative to do this if you wish. You can contact us through the number in our signature.
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 2:00am On May 06, 2019
autologic:

The transmission module will need to be scanned and certain pid checked on live data with a professional scanner to ascertain this.
sir,can you find time to come check it? can you come diagnose and fix? please let me know how convenient it would be for you.thank you
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by sultaan(m): 6:35am On May 06, 2019
Something happened , did someone switch it to 4 wheel lo or did you drive on lo on the highway
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by autologic: 5:28am On May 07, 2019
Joehigashi:

sir,can you find time to come check it? can you come diagnose and fix? please let me know how convenient it would be for you.thank you
Call my no @ signature for further discussion
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 7:46am On May 07, 2019
autologic:
Call my no @ signature for further discussion
I will.thank you
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Kashif(m): 8:39pm On May 07, 2019
Joehigashi:
cc gazzuzz
cc K.ashif
oluwaseunla
AutoElectNG
honmusa
radautoworks
nurey

Try removing the solenoid connectors and driving again. If it moves, then I will be suspecting your electricals
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 8:27am On May 08, 2019
Kashif:

Try removing the solenoid connectors and driving again. If it moves, then I will be suspecting your electricals

thank you for the response.kindly direct me to the solenoid connectors. I want to also believe it's electrical but why can't it be pushed on neutral? it's really confusing
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by sultaan(m): 5:51pm On May 08, 2019
By the way did you day it was a 4wd or 2wd

Have you looked at your parking brake, if you have it engaged it will have the same effect
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Kashif(m): 7:32pm On May 09, 2019
Joehigashi:

thank you for the response.kindly direct me to the solenoid connectors. I want to also believe it's electrical but why can't it be pushed on neutral? it's really confusing

I will check to be sure. I need to be sure if it uses internal or external TCM. But on the interim, look for wires entering the gear.
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by sultaan(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2019
Is the problem fixed.

It is a very simple issue
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Joehigashi(m): 7:54am On May 21, 2019
sultaan:
Is the problem fixed.

It is a very simple issue

I have been out of town.issue is still pending.recommendations will be very much appreciated.i would update accordingly
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by sultaan(m): 9:03pm On May 21, 2019
American cars usually have the foot operated parking brakes if it is still engaged you will have that same condition you listed.

From your original post you said you came home and the car " suddenly" had this problem.
Now imagine someone not familiar with this parking brake t ale the car for a joy ride with brakes still engaged.
If you can't push your car in neutral the simple test you can perform to confirm the diagnosis is you jack both rear wheels off the ground and try to spin the whell by hand.
I can guarantee that both rear wheels will not spin but if you try the same with the front wheel in neutral they will spin.

I am only offering advise you can follow or monitor to get you back on the road.

You will be surprised how our people damage a lot of cars because they are not familiar with cars in the first place

In simple terms your calipers might be locked up because it overheated when someone drove the truck with hand brakes on
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 21, 2019
Femtopford, your services are urgently needed here.
Re: Fault On 2011 Ford Escape by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 21, 2019
Joehigashi:
cc gazzuzz
cc Kashif
oluwaseunla
AutoElectNG
honmusa
radautoworks
nurey
This is your go to guy when it comes to Ford vehicles. He's an expert in handling Ford vehicles.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet The Most Luxurious & Safest Keke Napep You Will Ever Find In Nigeria.photos / "Japan Honda Crv Vs American Honda Crv" Which Is Stronger? / Toyota Camry 2010 Needed At Lagos, Nigeria Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.