Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) (58656 Views)

Fire Guts Mechanic Shop In Delta, Cars Destroyed (Photos) / "Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw" Some Outstanding Cars Used In The Movie / Checkout 7 Of The World’s Biggest Automobile Fairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by MrCoker: 4:00pm On May 06, 2019
comshots:
Those cars destroyed in the movie were not real cars.

The only intelligent man on NL. The use of green screen and others are employed in the production action movies.

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 06, 2019
Dmec:
State of Emergency.
grin
Dmec:
State of Emergency.

see old men here chai how time flies lol but we play well that year, once you owe one stick way bend na j.t tom west you don be so lol I enjoy those films well
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 4:08pm On May 06, 2019
MrCoker:

The only intelligent man on NL. The use of green screen and others are employed in the production action movies.

apparently not true , I do cinematographer and CGI /Vfx for a living ,bring facts to prove that the chroma key effect is used to replicate such damage,studio theatrics including choreography like we call them it is to control the damage and expenses at the most , it still doesn't mean the damage will not be done .
take note.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Basher8583: 4:32pm On May 06, 2019
Please note that NONE of the cars were actually destroyed in the sense of the word.
The cars you saw destroyed in the movies were shells. That is body with non of the original expensive parts like engine, electronics and even tyres. All the sophisticated stuff inside are not included. They actually get permission to replicate a copy of the cars body strictly for the movie. if it has to move then they put a simple engine inside to drive the car.
Even Hollywood cannot afford to destroy expensive cars like that. Trust me. They are just copies of the original in those movies

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by IamPlato(m): 4:37pm On May 06, 2019
Millz404:
See money wey go set person for life....

Nollywood na only to dey do..... "i don't want to see you people near my father's land"..." ikemba you have to go to the evil forest and get the sacred egg"... Or... "people of awada land, the igwe has spoken".... Smh
hahahahahahaha
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Freemasonry: 4:51pm On May 06, 2019
For the records the LyKan super sport car used in Fast n' Furious 7 is intact. I saw a program on MBC Action a few days ago where they were discussing it and even showed behind the scenes.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by dcollyns: 4:52pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
the last time someone destroyed a car in an action film in Nigeria was by saint obi and the gist was that na e car lmao who remember that film that year?

That was "TAKE ME TO MAMA".
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 06, 2019
qualityovenbake:
Na only tyres dem dey burn for Nollywood. The major objective of many producers here in Naija is to reduce production cost to its bearest minimum, Windscreen maybe shattered, dents maybe inflicted on the body of the cars. They dare not risk destroying a full/complete recent car otherwise the production cost will be high.

Do not be deceived. Most of these cars listed were never really destroyed. Some of them just get. A few dents and are then sold off for big amount. People would pay anything to buy a popular movie car.

For example, a popular YouTuber tarvarish bought the Lamborghini murcielago driven by Tyrese in fate of the furious for over $80,000. The car has been heavily modded for the movie, doesn't start and had a lot of tings to be fixed but he still bought it for over $80,000. Though it sounds cheap but would still require a lot of resources and expertise to get it back to stock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2ljcLltgI

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by stubbornman(m): 5:42pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:
the last time someone destroyed a car in an action film in Nigeria was by saint obi and the gist was that na e car lmao who remember that film that year?

TAKE ME TO MAMA
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Hoodbilonia: 7:20pm On May 06, 2019
If jason statham no drive
Act
Fight
I no watch abeg
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by dalass(f): 8:45pm On May 06, 2019
Millz404:
See money wey go set person for life....

Nollywood own na only to dey do..... "i don't want to see you people near my father's land"..." ikemba you have to go to the evil forest and get the sacred egg"... Or... "I am tired of this village, i want to go to the city".... Mtchew.......
grin grin grin
You don't try for Nollywood films o grin grin
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by MrCoker: 9:12pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:

apparently not true , I do cinematographer and CGI /Vfx for a living ,bring facts to prove that the chroma key effect is used to replicate such damage,studio theatrics including choreography like we call them it is to control the damage and expenses at the most , it still doesn't mean the damage will not be done .
take note.

Look at this low budget cinematographer grin abeg shift lemme see the guy i quoted initially undecided

1 Like

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by habayommy: 10:22pm On May 06, 2019
Piercy:

Take me to mama
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by teeboman(m): 12:59am On May 07, 2019
Click on this telegram link /sportyfix get updated with 2odds+ daily/rollover... Enjoy
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 1:21am On May 07, 2019
MrCoker:

Look at this low budget cinematographer grin abeg shift lemme see the guy i quoted initially undecided

blissful ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 5:11am On May 07, 2019
MrCoker:

grin grin grin grin
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by MrCoker: 5:45pm On May 07, 2019
grin
Piercy:

blissful ignorance

Lemme enjoy my blissful ignorance, Mr over sabi undecided
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by MrCoker: 5:47pm On May 07, 2019
grin grin
PaulSimon2020:
grin grin grin grin

This your laugh dey make me to dey laugh now grin
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 07, 2019
Piercy:

take note.
What VFX job have you done? I am tired of Nigerians using the word loosely. I don't even understand your argument, 3D car can be damaged and live car can be damaged depending on the VFX supervisor, time, finance or whatever the case.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 07, 2019
uuzba:

There's no basis for comparison.
America manufacturers cars from scratch, mining rock ores to get metal to produce steel sheets/plates, pressed into shape to produce cars. Engine, tyres, everything.
For them, manufacturing cars is like how we tap Palm Wine from trees.
They can waste as many as they like.
Talk like a human that is learned na brother. Do you really think this high class cars were actually damaged on-set? If YES, don't bother quoting me. Go to Google and educate yourself. Sorry if I'm harsh
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 07, 2019
Datazone:

What VFX job have you done? I am tired of Nigerians using the word loosely. I don't even understand your argument, 3D car can be damaged and live car can be damaged depending on the VFX supervisor, time, finance or whatever the case.

it was not an argument in the first place ,secondly CGI is not Perfect as of now so the lesser use of it the more life like and appreciated an action sequence is , one of the men responsible for making those scenes look as realistic as
possible is 30-year stunt veteran Spiro Razatos.
"For the fourth film ("Fast & Furious"wink they kind of relied too much on
CGI which got fans talking .
Razatos is responsible for some of the most jaw-dropping sequences
from the franchise including when Dom (Vin Diesel), Brian (Paul
Walker), and the rest of the crew dragged a giant bank vault through the streets .
it is the idea about action sequence appreciation that makes the best of the best in movie production option for more realistic flicks than. CGI ,that was what I was trying to say I don't know anything else that you are saying or thinking.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Greatzeus(m): 8:33pm On May 07, 2019
I have all the Fast and furious sequel ,that is fast and furious 1- 8, hit me up if you are interested in them with other high quality TV series and movies.
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 11, 2019
dont be deceived l, no real car was destroyed
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by MrCork17: 10:35am On Apr 26, 2020
Lily4star:

Movie Title was "Take me to mama". If I can remember it was a black baby Benz

Darling how much for good kiss, hug, romance, pressing & mating with u? Can u accept 1k ..cash?
Re: 7 Of The Over 1500 Cars Destroyed In Shooting ‘fast & Furious’ Films (photos) by Pumpumking: 10:12pm On Oct 05, 2021
Lily4star:

Now all they do is thrash, once you tune to African Magic Epic, If the ladies are not tying wrapper on the chest then the movie is yet to start, while others gather big 9ja celebrities together with clueless storylines. Phewww

kaiiii se yansh
Hello please can I love u & was yor numba & what time can u call u? smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Nigerian Made "Flying Car" Seen In Lagos Metropolis / Would You Buy This Mercedes Maybach 57 For N40 Million? / Car Driving On Three Wheels In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.