Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,240 members, 7,860,537 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:19 PM

Help A Brother! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help A Brother! (659 Views)

Hello Web Gurus, Kindly Help A Brother Out / Please Help A Brother / Pls, Kindly Help A Brother, Who's New To Web Design. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help A Brother! by johnsonpal: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2010
Goodday guys!am just a beginner web design and i need ur help urgently,d terms going to use might not be correct,i just hope u'll understand, Please hw do i check a hidden path in a url, i lost d ftp details of a website i uploaded a php file in d www/ dir, so,hw can view d file since hav 4gotten d name of d php file, i made dis as an example, i uploaded a trial.php to toslaw.2.je hw can i view toslaw.2.je/trial.php supposing i dont knw d php file name,
Re: Help A Brother! by chukxy: 12:34pm On Sep 21, 2010
Hi johnsonpal, I am not cleared enough with your enquiry but from what I understand, you want to view the trial.php file which you uploaded in your root directory in your server without typing toslaw.2.je/trial.php , in other words you just want to type toslaw.2.je to view trial.php file you uploaded. If that is the case, just make trial.php your index file i.e change the name to index.php. If you change the name to index.php, you can now view it by just typing toslaw.2.je.

I hope that helped else provide more clarification for the challenge you are facing.
Re: Help A Brother! by bug24(m): 10:19am On Sep 23, 2010
@cHKXY, I THINK THE POSTER mentioned something about losing the ftp details. so there's no way he can change the file name on the server or locally then upload since he doesnt have the ftp info.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Joomla One On One Training / Dream Weaver Needed / Web Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.