Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:08 AM

HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service (22196 Views)

I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / How Terrifying Your First HIV Test Will Be (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by dancewith: 1:45pm On May 10, 2019
Very unprofessional circumstances to a very important test. Also regular HIV test is crucial for sexually active people. This is because early detection and commencement of treatment preserves the immune system which is crucial to a long and healthy life

This also helps in fostering sexual behaviour that protects others and control the scourge.

Do not stigmatized the test, those living with it and show love to all around

1 Like

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Maxcollins042(m): 1:45pm On May 10, 2019
Mishhcre:
"Have you ever done HIV test before?" she asked.
"Yes," I answered.
"Are you very sure?" she probed again.
"Yes," I said again. Beginning to wonder what might be the reason for all these questions for the gods.
"When was the last time you did it?" She asked.

With all the thoughts running through my head, I couldn't clearly get her question. Whether she meant the last I did the test or the last time I got laid, after all, the question could be referring to both in this instance and you know these HIV post-test counselling people, the way they like to use style to ask their questions. Just the same way a doctor wouldn't want to ask a man whether he is cheating on his wife with other women, but will rather say, "do you have other friends that you do it with?"

"You don't look comfortable, were you thinking I was asking when last you got laid?" she asked.
How did she read my mind? How can someone be comfortable being asked that type of question. Especially with the way she's already making it seem like I'm positive. Before I could even put my head together to answer her question, she now fired her killshot. She checked my result and it was negative and she couldn't believe it and started complaining bitterly.
"There's no way you can be negative, from the way you look you must be positive, you just have to be positive, it's young boys like you that go around sleeping with everything that has a skirt as one of her properties. You just have all the properties of a fvck boy," she said.
This was while all the while I was trying to be positive about the issue and dodge her negative charges.

She then continued, "You just didn't turn your hair to dreads to avoid harassment from SARS. In fact, I don't like this your result, I don't agree with it, there must have been a mistake somewhere, I have to re-do it myself."

I don't know if it was her long skirt and the big head scarf she was tying that was preventing sense from entering her head. And this was just turning out to be one of those scenarios where prevention is not better than cure.

She then proceeded to open a new HIV test kit, took my blood sample and when the result still showed negative, she got tired and said, "if you know what's good for you, you better keep that your equipment one place."

I took my result and gladly walked away. Thanking my God for saving me from this woman her negative energy is overflowing like Kanji dam.
OP you just sat there and soaked up the jibes and bollocks she spewed?

You should have told her how unprofessional she is and as well given her a serious telling off.

1 Like

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Parrot69: 1:47pm On May 10, 2019
Very funny I forgot to laugh
bokunrawo:
The Hiv test thing is so scary ooooooo,the waiting time for the result is just like judgment day, it's that time you will start remembering all atrocities you've done and start promising God that if he can safe you from this one you will not even near sex again. This is the look of most people when they await the news of thier HIV test result from the doctor grin grin grin grin grin grin. Ftc

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Just2endowed2(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2019
hmmm remember in camp,, thats how the nurse was telling me all this, but later smile and ask if i was affraid. I told her i was never afraid because i am not like others. she told me i lack sense of humour that if it is another guys, they will be shivering. I told her to give me my result jor. lol. but op over stretched the whole matter and put sugar in the matter grin
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Maxcollins042(m): 1:49pm On May 10, 2019
bokunrawo:
The Hiv test thing is so scary ooooooo,the waiting time for the result is just like judgment day, it's that time you will start remembering all atrocities you've done and start promising God that if he can safe you from this one you will not even near sex again. This is the look of most people when they await the news of thier HIV test result from the doctor grin grin grin grin grin grin. Ftc
So HIV/AIDS can be contracted only through sex?

SMH
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Niyi9002(m): 2:02pm On May 10, 2019
When I went to pick up my HIV screening result,my heart was pounding vigorously and I almost fainted as the Lady handed me the envelope and told me she wanted to give me some counselling. I told her it was already late and I don't have time. I rushed out of the lab and while on the street I opening the screening result with my trembling hands lol. My eyes jumped all the irrelevant results and went straight to the HIV own and I saw negative. A wave of relief washed over me. It was the most tensed up day of my life. grin

2 Likes

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by obembet(f): 2:03pm On May 10, 2019
bokunrawo:

U are very correct bro... Especially when u have some stupid symptoms that are not even cause by hiv
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Sterope(f): 2:05pm On May 10, 2019
Mishhcre, you should report the silly woman. She was very unprofessional. She may do that to someone else and cause them a great deal of pain with her unprofessionalism.
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Enjoymentlady: 2:05pm On May 10, 2019
andysmith123:
STC,pls which song should i sing when waiting for my HIV result?

Jesus take the wheel
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by whytepawn1(m): 2:05pm On May 10, 2019
It's usually nerve wrecking waiting for the result especially if you haven't done it before or recently engaged in a risky behavior that could expose you to the virus.
I recently had my test done and it wasn't funny at all.mind you sex without condoms is a no go area for me... but then I was still scared shitless.
I summoned the courage to go to a lab and asked the personnel for the test... in fact I decided to get tested for hepatitis too. Omo! I couldn't sleep well that night... to cut the long story short, the tests all came out negative. I have officially zipped my d.. k, It belongs to my wife alone. the lab lady told me that the prevelance rate based on the tests they carried out on daily bases is on the high side.
so my people HIV is real, e no dey show for face... last last just stick to one faithful sexual partner and save yourself the heart ache of been uncertain about your status.

1 Like

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Hoodbilonia: 2:39pm On May 10, 2019
I go soon go do test again o
Men
Either ways
Something must kill man

1 Like

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by SaintLucia: 2:46pm On May 10, 2019
Yuneehk:
I'm not saying you're lying but I find it hard to believe she'd tell you all those things. If she did, then that was very unprofessional of her
No responsible medical personal will say such a rubbish word.
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 10, 2019
Op yours is nothing compared to mine. Imagine this woman asking me whether I discharge whitish fluid whenever I'm urinating, asking me when was the last time I had sex, asking me whether my partner still stays around with me, asking me whether I'm still a virgin........ After answering those questions, the woman then advised me to be walking around with condoms, that, even they too, women, also walk around with it in their bag. Damn!!! I felt bad about myself that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by bonnyhope: 2:52pm On May 10, 2019
Yuneehk:
I'm not saying you're lying but I find it hard to believe she'd tell you all those things. If she did, then that was very unprofessional of her

the gy is lyin, just want to post something
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by RiyadhGoddess(f): 2:58pm On May 10, 2019
vacanci:

Are you a GAY?

Are you a GAY?
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Kaylexzy(m): 2:59pm On May 10, 2019
andysmith123:
STC,pls which song should i sing when waiting for my HIV result?
Ekwueme... Ekwueme... Jesus!!! grin
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by datigbogirl: 3:05pm On May 10, 2019
Yuneehk:

It's just superstory little dove...
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by davillian(m): 3:21pm On May 10, 2019
I did mine in nysc camp Lagos.
We were 4 boys and my gf she brought the suggestion.
I was the 4th person to do mine, I was looking at my friends face when they came out to see if their mood would change then it got to my turn my blood sample was taken and the questions begin
1)have you had unprotected sex before
2)have u had any sexually transmitted disease before
3)have you done HIV test before
I was answering and remembering all the girls I smashed raw and was telling God if this one is negative I won't do raw again.
The result came it was negative.
She did hers too but she took longer than all of us , she came and we asked how far she said negative too.
To confirm I took everybody to mammi market to eat and drink while I was watching who wound eat or drink.
Cut story short I smashed her for 1year raw grin

1 Like

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by backnbeta(f): 3:30pm On May 10, 2019
Yuneehk:
Of course he lied... cool
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Northkendal(f): 4:06pm On May 10, 2019
Fabu

Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by ikbnice(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2019
Mishhcre:
"Have you ever done HIV test before?" she asked.
"Yes," I answered.
"Are you very sure?" she probed again.
"Yes," I said again. Beginning to wonder what might be the reason for all these questions for the gods.
"When was the last time you did it?" She asked.

With all the thoughts running through my head, I couldn't clearly get her question. Whether she meant the last I did the test or the last time I got laid, after all, the question could be referring to both in this instance and you know these HIV post-test counselling people, the way they like to use style to ask their questions. Just the same way a doctor wouldn't want to ask a man whether he is cheating on his wife with other women, but will rather say, "do you have other friends that you do it with?"

"You don't look comfortable, were you thinking I was asking when last you got laid?" she asked.
How did she read my mind? How can someone be comfortable being asked that type of question. Especially with the way she's already making it seem like I'm positive. Before I could even put my head together to answer her question, she now fired her killshot. She checked my result and it was negative and she couldn't believe it and started complaining bitterly.
"There's no way you can be negative, from the way you look you must be positive, you just have to be positive, it's young boys like you that go around sleeping with everything that has a skirt as one of her properties. You just have all the properties of a fvck boy," she said.
This was while all the while I was trying to be positive about the issue and dodge her negative charges.

She then continued, "You just didn't turn your hair to dreads to avoid harassment from SARS. In fact, I don't like this your result, I don't agree with it, there must have been a mistake somewhere, I have to re-do it myself."

I don't know if it was her long skirt and the big head scarf she was tying that was preventing sense from entering her head. And this was just turning out to be one of those scenarios where prevention is not better than cure.

She then proceeded to open a new HIV test kit, took my blood sample and when the result still showed negative, she got tired and said, "if you know what's good for you, you better keep that your equipment one place."

I took my result and gladly walked away. Thanking my God for saving me from this woman her negative energy is overflowing like Kanji dam.
If this is true, bro you fvck up. How will you allow a poorly trained and unprofessional frustrated b¡tch pour vituperation on you and you sat there like a dummy.
I will make her consider opening her big mouth and spewing gabbage to other people. Who send her make she choose S.U.... Without any apology, most of them are really bitter and frustrated.
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 10, 2019
grin lol almost d same similar question the doctor dat did mine asked.asked if i was married then i answered dat one.asked if i had a girlfriend and i ansewerd dat one...also asked wen i intend to get a wife..i look d doctor and asked him why he is asking me dat and he replied he just want to know then i replied wen God gives me a good woman i will marry her.then he jus smiled and gave me my result and smiled and said congrats but said i should go for another test in 3 months time.i still have beef with d nurse dat punctured my thumb to collect blood for d test cos she jus use power puncture my thumb. but op its like ur doc must be a religious fanatic for her to question u like dat.
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 10, 2019
whytepawn1:
It's usually nerve wrecking waiting for the result especially if you haven't done it before or recently engaged in a risky behavior that couple expose you to the virus.
I recently had my test done and it wasn't funny at all.mind you sex without condoms is a no go area for me... but then I was still scared shirtless.
I summoned the courage to go to a lab and asked the personnel for the test... in fact I decided to get tested for hepatitis too. Omo! I couldn't sleep well that night... to cut the long story short, the tests all came out negative. I have officially zipped my d.. k, It belongs to my wife alone. the lab lady told me that the prevelance based on the tests they carried out on daily bases is on the high side.
so my people HIV is real, e no dey show for face... last last just stick to one faithful sexual partner and save yourself the heart ache of been uncertain about your status.
waiting for hiv result is like waiting for ue exam result
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Mishhcre(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2019
bokunrawo:
Bro, I am telling you, it's very scary.
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by Mishhcre(m): 6:21pm On May 10, 2019
mansoura:
Sorry for the experience
Thanks
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by ghettochild4u(m): 7:31pm On May 10, 2019
bokunrawo:

There no such waiting time oga.. Its less than 15mins
Re: HIV Test Counsellors Need To Learn Something Called Customer Service by themanderon: 9:28pm On May 10, 2019
bokunrawo:

It will be scary for those that don't keep their equipment in one place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have A Skin Problem, Please Advise / 373 New COVID-19 Cases, 366 Discharged And 10 Deaths On August 13 -(2976 Tested) / Nigeria Has Second Largest HIV Epidemic Worldwide:unaids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.