Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Rough Selection To Gear 2. Please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rough Selection To Gear 2. Please Help (890 Views)

My Toyota RAV4 Automatic Gear Is Not Shifting To Gear Three And Four / Help! My 2009 Toyota Corolla Is Not Shifting To Gear 4 / Lexus RX300 Jerks Or Seize Before Entering Gear 2,3. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rough Selection To Gear 2. Please Help by ala234crity(m): 9:47pm On May 06, 2019
GOOD Evening house, Siena and other gurus in the house please help me, i have and issue with my nissan altima 2001 model, when the gear 2 would want to select, the vehicle will experience a kind of seizure like you applied brake and then the gear will change like it's forced and a sound like 'kpum' will be heard.

It happen mostly when the 2 gear wants to select and most times it won't happen at all but I feel it's a time bomb waiting to explode. Because of this i got a new gear box but its still the same issue, please someone should help me.
Re: Rough Selection To Gear 2. Please Help by DEGABA(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2019
If you have a scanner just scan the trans and clear the fault codes or take it for a scan. The problem is likely from the TCU since the symptoms is still resurfacing after gearbox change.
Am not a mechanic/electrician but I speak from the experience I had with my car.

(1) (Reply)

How To Sell Cars, Auto Parts On Car Mart Nigeria / Flooded Cars / Three Die, 69 Injured As Truck Crushes Brt Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.