Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks (947 Views)

ICT Expert Develops Software To Curb Online Fraud / Need A PHP God With Mobile App Knowledge. / SQL Database Recovery Software To Repair Corrupt & Damaged MDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by GreatManBee: 9:50pm On May 06, 2019
Dear NLders,

Please I need your help for a project i am working on.

I have purchased an SMS shortcode from a network provider (e.g. 33367) where my users send SMS and it's delivered to me.

My problem is that I need service that would do the below.
1. Whenever a word is sent to the shortcode, an SMS is automatically sent to the sender as a reply.

More like an SMS autoresponder.

Please how can I implement this or if you can point me software or online services that gives this service.

Thanks for your help.
Re: VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by Duchman67: 11:33am On May 07, 2019
Can help you with an auto responder. How do you get sms sent to the shortcode? Is it forwarded to a number?

Cos I have an sms number attached to a server which provides configured auto response to messages it receives.

Whatsapp 08135464570 for more details.
Re: VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by bosunjohns(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2019
Duchman67:
Can help you with an auto responder. How do you get sms sent to the shortcode? Is it forwarded to a number?

Cos I have an sms number attached to a server which provides configured auto response to messages it receives.

Whatsapp 08135464570 for more details.

Thanks bro for the response. I am yet to start using the shortcode as I have not figured out how the autoresponder thing will work.
I only purchase the shortcode from a vendor online.
Re: VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by bosunjohns(m): 12:33pm On May 07, 2019
Any other information from IT gurus on the forum will be helpful. Thanks a lot.
Re: VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by Duchman67: 12:53pm On May 07, 2019
bosunjohns:

Thanks bro for the response. I am yet to start using the shortcode as I have not figured out how the autoresponder thing will work.
I only purchase the shortcode from a vendor online.

An sms autoresponder takes an incoming sms ......reads the sender number plus the sms body and sends a response from a database of configured responses eg sms banking. At the very least an incoming number attached to a server is needed. Not sure most shortcode providers can do this on any fee less than a couple of millions.
Re: VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by bosunjohns(m): 5:32pm On May 13, 2019
Duchman67:

An sms autoresponder takes an incoming sms ......reads the sender number plus the sms body and sends a response from a database of configured responses eg sms banking. At the very least an incoming number attached to a server is needed. Not sure most shortcode providers can do this on any fee less than a couple of millions.
Thanks a lot. Do you know how this can be achieved? I'll be nice if you could point me to any resource I can consult to pull this off.
Re: VAS Service / Software To Interface With Mobile Networks by Duchman67: 10:58pm On May 13, 2019
bosunjohns:

Thanks a lot. Do you know how this can be achieved? I'll be nice if you could point me to any resource I can consult to pull this off.

You need hosting for the php/c# page or any other language you prefer,knowledge of mysql and an incoming sms enabled number from www.twilio.com The php page will execute your code when an sms hits the twilio sms enabled number. Basically an sms comes in and twilio calls up your script and passes the incoming number with sms body content.
The twilio number will receive sms from your short code provider,read the contents and excute any script on your backend.
Can set it up for a token.

(1) (Reply)

Get Any Udemy Course For Just 2k! / Software Guru,help Me Out / Html Before Php??advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.