Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,205 members, 7,860,336 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Oil Traces In The Distributor Of 2002 Honda Accord - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Oil Traces In The Distributor Of 2002 Honda Accord (570 Views)

Toks Of 2002 Acura Mdx Forsale in ibadan / 3 UNIT OF 2002 Nissan Extera @ 1.650k...sold sold.....i have another black color / Dearly In Need Of 2002 Toyota Corona: Plz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oil Traces In The Distributor Of 2002 Honda Accord by mingles: 3:25pm On Sep 21, 2010
My fellow Nairalanders, I need your help.
There is oil leaking into the Distributor of my 2002 Honda Accord.
On my way back to Lagos from the east, I observed the car slowing down at times not minding that I still have my foot on the accelerator.
This happened thrice through the journey. Next day, I started the car but the idling rate was irregular, I engaged the reverse gear but the car won't move. On closer observation, I noted the exhaust had a smell like there is incomplete combustion. After a while anyway, the idling rate became OK and I was able to move the vehicle straight to my mechanic.
He checked to confirm all plugs are functioning properly. But when he opened the distributor, we saw oil was leaking into it, but the mechanic could not tell me what was causing that. I told him to clean it and put it back until we are sure what it is.
So my dear people, kindly let me know what you think it is and what the possible solution might be.
Re: Oil Traces In The Distributor Of 2002 Honda Accord by Denn(m): 6:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
ask your technician to check the O-Ring outside the distributor housing and the oil seal inside the housing.

be sure to buy the correct replacement part as the part is engine dependent.

what engine is in your accord?

(1) (Reply)

Golf / M/benz 911 Tipper 4sale / Cargo Delivery From Anywhere In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.