Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands (23272 Views)

UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / Lecturer Asks Students To Kneel In Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi (Photo, Video) / Poly Ede Lecturer Orders Final Year Students To Raise Their Hands (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by mediaNGR: 11:24pm On May 07, 2019
A female lecturer at the University of Nigeria Nsukka allegedly punished her students for not sweeping the classroom by asking them to kneel down and raise up their hands.

According to eyewitness:

"This happened earlier today in 3rd year class, department of Microbiology, University Of Nigeria Nsukka.

No matter how anyone would want to look at it, this is outright insanity, to say the least. How do you mete out this kind of punishment to university students for not sweeping their classroom when we've got non-academic staff who're paid to get stuff like this done

If people like this lecturer are not called to order, a time will come when they'd flog and physically abuse students and it will still be swept under the carpet. This is sheer humiliation and totally unacceptable."

Source: https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2019/05/unn-lecturer-asks-students-to-kneel.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by mediaNGR: 11:39pm On May 07, 2019
So it is the students that used to sweep grin grin grin

I'm leaving this continent called AFRICA sad

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by flourishing247: 12:21am On May 08, 2019
The cleaners didn't sweep the class but that's not a reason to sit in a dirty environment. They should have looked out for the cleaners to do the needful or tidy it up themselves. They messed it up in the first place. Some students forget themselves when the get to the University. The throw trash anywhere, poo anywhere just generally become untidy. Their toilet ends are so nasty. They should pick pin sef

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Nobody: 1:01am On May 08, 2019
Op, there is nothing like outright Insanity and sheer humiliation here..
Infact this is acceptable.

They should have tidy it up themselves
I don't know why people are scared of holding brooms

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by MrGist: 7:08am On May 08, 2019
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by aku626(m): 10:24am On May 08, 2019
Mama
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by ekestic1976(f): 10:24am On May 08, 2019
A PhD holder without sense, without a sense of history. The basic question a sensible person would have asked was, Can this happen way back when I was in School, say 20 years ago? Is this event relevant to my role as University teacher as opposed to being a Secondary or Primary school teacher? Can this straighten a bent smoked fish?

7 Likes

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by mrgraphics01: 10:24am On May 08, 2019
interesting

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Makanjuola89: 10:26am On May 08, 2019
awon omo alaileko
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Nobody: 10:26am On May 08, 2019
Useless country with myopic leaders!

Now listening to Mike Ejiaha
"Uwa ngbede kanma"

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Upton: 10:27am On May 08, 2019
Very good.
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by freemanbubble: 10:27am On May 08, 2019
Okay
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by iammo(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2019
No-nonsense Woman lecturer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Nickshrapnel: 10:28am On May 08, 2019
the lecturer does not have the right to tell them to kneel down, but then again the student are stupid for sitting in a dirty class, i wonder what they have dustbins for

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by NNEWIsuper: 10:28am On May 08, 2019
Adanairaland:
Op, there is nothing like outright Insanity and sheer humiliation here..
Infact this is acceptable.

They should have tidy it up themselves
I don't know why people are scared of holding brooms
shut up..you dead brain Nigerians haven't traveled out to see how things are done..if it were in the UK the lecturer's job is gone and she will be thrown to prison...

classless Zoo members

27 Likes

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by sparog(m): 10:28am On May 08, 2019
Good

But if I was the one I doubt if I'll kneel down
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by StaffofOrayan(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2019
Nigerian institutions: Raising docile slaves since 1960

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by TANID(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2019
I Don't See Anything Wrong In That It's Part Of Your Education grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Eseries(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2019
okay
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by worldman(m): 10:29am On May 08, 2019
Charity begins at home. If you don't learn in primary school and secondary you must learn in higher institution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Opinedecandid(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2019
Very okay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by lakesguy(m): 10:30am On May 08, 2019
Are the student responsible for sweeping of the classrooms? I only thought this could only be done in secondary schools and some glorified secondary schools like our private universities... This is uncalled for

7 Likes

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by thatigboman: 10:30am On May 08, 2019
Bloggers and lies. That looks like punishment for noise making, like those days in primary school.
If it is for not sweeping the class, is it not the whole students that will kneel and face the teacher?

2 Likes

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by dubiouspmb: 10:30am On May 08, 2019
Stop ranting. You are a microbiologist and you can not keep your environment clean. She should have flogged you all. Nansense!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by LowerPriceData0(m): 10:31am On May 08, 2019
Nonsense
Re: UNN lecturer asks students to kneel down and raise their hands by Iko5000: 10:32am On May 08, 2019
Another fake news on Nairaland front page smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

OAU Students Pay N90 For Accommodation Per Year ―vice Chancellor / Funaab 2014/2015 Direct Entry Aspirant. Meet Here >>>cont.>>> / Would You Score Your Students 39 And 69 Or Would You Add 1 To The Score?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.