Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 (2536 Views)

Most Stylish/Fashionable Nigerian Female Celebrities Under 40 ( Photos ) / Meet 40 Most Inspiring Nigerian Young Women Under 40 / 11 Most Influential Young Nigerians Under 20 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 by Damsal(f): 11:24pm On Sep 21, 2010
I hope Seun is not offended that i put his name on my list, i was just looking for young role models and to me you look like the perfect example of one.

After watching the new rich and under 25’s in Hollywood on E! Entertainment which featured the likes of Miley Cyrus, the Jonas brothers and Zac Effron, and realising that in Nigeria there are no child stars except those over grown grandfathers Aki and Paw Paw that Nollywood is still passing off as children. I decided to create a list of Nigerians that I have come across who although may not all be considered young in comparison to Miley Cyrus, are under 40 and really inspiring.

I tried to be as diverse as possible in my search.

1, Genevieve Nnaji

Now you honestly did not believe that I would make a list without this woman, did you? Genevieve Nnaji has graced our screens right from the 90’s and has only got better with age. While in the spotlight she has released a CD, modelled for Lux, released a clothing line, has been acknowledged on Oprah, made the headlines with D’banj and is currently the face of MUD cosmetics. She has done much more in her decade and something long career than most actresses her age have even considered.

2, Uchenna Eze

If you love to Google up the latest Nigerian news then you must have at some point come in contact with Bella naija as it has constantly managed to entertain Nigerian all over the world. Her website is much more centred towards weddings and fashion and every now and then there are articles which although I consider are often rantings by Nigerian women are nonetheless fun to read. Uchenna Eze has also featured on Oprah.

3, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Is a Nigerian writer who has written books like Half of a Yellow Sun and Purple Hibiscus both of which have won literary awards. Chimamanda’s stories are strongly inspired by Nigeria and its political system which to a novice can be very informative without being overbearing; her stories often have female leads and are set in Nsukka where she grew up.

4, D’banj

Right from the moment D’banj graced our TV screen with Tongolo he has not slowed down getting many hooked to his songs such as, Fall in Love, Suddenly and presently Mr endowed. Although I have to say that I am not often impressed with lyrics such as ‘mo gbono fele fele bi amala to jino’ I do have to say that D’banj has placed a lot of effort into all he has done and African’s around the globe have come to realise that. His energy and excitement can be felt through his performances and it is clear that his glory days are not yet over, his achievements can be seen in his creation of words such as ‘Kokolet’ ‘No long thing’ and slangs such as ‘oooshe’. And I’m sure Mr endowed will be another name added to his already long list of names such as D’banj and Sk’banj as his Jamaican friends call him and the Koko master. He has also indulged in other endorsements such as the Koko lounge, the Koko mansion which was a show that featured on TV last summer and his new mobile phone which is coming out soon called the Koko mobile.

5, Joseph Yobo

Okay so in the World cup the Super Eagles were not super at all, they don’t even deserve an applause, but as the captain of the team Yobo has to make my list, and that’s all I’m saying about him except that he is also married to the beautiful Adaeze Igwe and has a son.

6, Linda Ikeji

Model, blogger, Author you name it she’s probably done it Linda Ikeji is another blogger who has made my list and clearly deserves it. She is an inspiration to many young girls as she has managed to achieve much and provided opportunities for other to do the same through her modelling agency.

7, Seun Osewa

Seun Osewa is a highly opinionated man who is rumoured to have dropped out of school to create his ever expanding social site called Nairaland. And although he is no Mark Zukerberg he has clearly achieved a lot more than others have ever dreamt to achieve. Nairaland boast of at about 500,000 members and constant visitors who occasionally check up on the site.

8, Chuka Umnna

Probably not well known to many but definitely another inspiration to join the list Chuka who is of mixed descent which includes Nigeria, English and Irish has managed to become a Labour member of the Parliament for Streatham. He has been a leading member of a pressure group, has written for a number of British newspapers and presently works as a lawyer. I’m sorry do I hear the next Obama?

I hope this list has inspired many as it has me,  We are not defined by the people around us, our parents, our teachers or friends but by who we decide we want to be, As Descartes famously said ‘I think therefore I am’.
Re: Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2010
I beg comot seun the Godless soul from that list. Hes one of those that claim theres no God
Re: Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 by Dolemite(f): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2010
Miley Cyrus, Jonas brothers and those your so called child stars are sex symbols for pubescent teens, nothing more nothing less, they don't inspire anyone, we don't need that crap here, and we do have inspiring Nigerian children, like Paula and Peter Imafidon who passed their AS-level at only seven, kids mustn't be singers or dancers to be considered inspiring, there are a lot of unsung heroes out there doing fantastic things. . .and what has Genevieve done to be number one I wonder  undecided nice list though, more research should have been done though.

http://www.imafidon.com/
Uk's brainiest family are Nigerians. cool

toba:

I beg comot seun the Godless soul from that list. Hes one of those that claim theres no God
Someone with a different view or belief from yours should be discriminated against just on that basis? sad.
Re: Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 by favouredjb(f): 12:42pm On Oct 02, 2010
I agree wit u on d first part dolemite
Re: Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 by spikedcylinder: 6:44am On Oct 03, 2010
toba:

Yet you are here, on his godless site? Hypocrisy has a new meaning. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Young And Inspiring Nigerians Under 40 by Ifygurl: 8:15am On Oct 03, 2010
I agree with your list and i also agree with Dolomite. Paula and Paul should be in the list as well, along with their older sister.

(1) (Reply)

Catherine Edoho Finds Her Groove Again / Stella Damasus Daughter Makes Acting Debut / See This Celebrity Strips Down For Raunchy Shots (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.