Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,525 members, 7,826,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri (36277 Views)

Eze Chukwuemeka Eri & Nnia Nwodo At World Igbo Festival In US / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri With African Americans Of Igbo Ancestry / Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Aka Ji Ovo Igbo Leads Community To Omambala River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by lovesky1: 12:05am On May 09, 2019
this really fabulous Eze Eri 34th was invited by oni of ife ladies and gentle man let's give the to kings a wonderful clap Eze Eri is a great King traditionally you can check it he is making it the 34th king to be sited on that throne

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by topstone4: 12:12am On May 09, 2019
MrPresident1:
No king in Igbo land.

Igbo is Benjamin, Benjamin has no king, Benjamin's king is in Judah, and Judah is Yoruba grin

Are you sure what you've written didn't confuse even you? grin
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by topstone4: 12:17am On May 09, 2019
hammer6F:
THIS ONI MUST BE VERY SPECIAL TO DRAG EZE ERI OUT OF HIS PALACE.

EZE ERI IS THE NUMBER ONE IN IGBO LAND.

VISITING LIKE THIS ARE USUALLY FOR OBI OF ONITSHA AND CO.

WAT IS GOING ON SEF?

The Ooni is up to something. I guess he is aware of the division between the two tribes and seeking to build a bridge across the breech in his own unique way.
I won't be surprised if Ooni has a nairaland account.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 12:35am On May 09, 2019
What they share in common is light-skinned wives and concubines lipsrsealed........

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by ChristianNorth: 12:37am On May 09, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
Paying homage to his Yoruba master as usual! cool
And the master was bowing.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by ChristianNorth: 12:50am On May 09, 2019
McTobe:
Bros I am stating it unequivocally, without any fear of contradiction and I do not mean to incite any hate or venomous remarks. It is not in my character and it will never be to incite people against people. I am quoting verifiable history and someone even provided more detail, I quoted a book too. To delve deeper my Mother is from Onitsha and I was brought up there from Umu Eze Aroli clan specifically I am not demeaning Onitsha I am rather saying what I have read and heard from my Great grand Mother. Even my own village in Ogbaru hail from Benin but having settled in the present Anambra will be counted as Igbo race but that does not mean I trace my origin to Nri. Even my surname that I bear up to this moment is Benin name. And I want to disagree strongly with you that you can present and write anything as history and so your example of a British Monarch does not hold water for me. I do not disagree that Igbos origin is Nri i am simply saying that my own people and Onitsha descendants are of Benin Origin. Cheers
Don't be stupid. Does Eze Chima sound Edoid to you? I am sorry, but you guys are just clueless revisionist.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 12:53am On May 09, 2019
Totogokillme:
What they share in common is light-skinned wives and concubines lipsrsealed........

onisokuso angry

You better respect our king oo angry
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by ChristianNorth: 12:54am On May 09, 2019
McTobe:
Lol grin U don try. Yes I am an Igbo I speak Igbo and I am proud Igbo but I have a history that was handed down to me by my great great grand father and you can’t tell me my ancestry more than my grand father have related it who himself was relatively educated by the standards of his time. I am Igbo my ancestral descency is Benin. And I may not even stay in Benin for one day in this earth life but this is my story and this is my root.
Piece of cake. Your great grand father migrated from benin and settled at Ogbaru. He married an Igbo woman to start a family line you are part of.

It doesn't mean a Benin man founded Ogbaru. Achebe is from there and he never mentioned of that.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 1:01am On May 09, 2019
tohyorsih2:

onisokuso angry

You better respect our king oo angry

No mind me jare,I just dey envy those men with aye foreign ti won je,me sef won be king so I go be in midst of light-skinned mulatos wink

What happen to your digitzz,not going through
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Kc3000: 1:02am On May 09, 2019
McTobe:
Oga plz quote any book source as your authority. And do well to tell us in which century that the raid took place. Most of the Igbos that are of Benin ancestry left Benin either as a result of migration as a result of famine or war within the Benin empire or power tussle within the court of Oba. Tell me of any recorded war between the Benin empire and any of the Igbo kingdom. Don’t run o present your authority

Agbor kingdom and Benin kingdom had many wars.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 1:40am On May 09, 2019
duvetmaster:
Oduduwa was an igbo prince
Plz, we share no history with Igbos at all. If u say Binis, I'd agree undecided

Ooni is only trying to build bridges grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 1:44am On May 09, 2019
Totogokillme:

No mind me jare,I just dey envy those men with aye foreign ti won je,me sef won be king so I go be in midst of light-skinned mulatos wink

Oya!! all hail the future king of benin cheesy

Oh sorry, i was busy when you called embarassed

You can call back now wink

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Amumaigwe: 2:20am On May 09, 2019
FuckDaMods:
See that slave sitting on the floor with that his shiny head grin
Looking like he is tired of life grin

That slave travels with Ooni where ever he goes including overseas. Such an exalted slave.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Nobody: 2:50am On May 09, 2019
Totogokillme:

i'm done wink
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Menance: 3:04am On May 09, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

You lack common sense your oni due visit Anambra almost every yuletide session, he always pay homage to
Anambra billionaires,

Pictures below, your Oni visit Obi of Onitsha, another's are pictures of your Oni with Anambra billionaire, Obijackson, ABC Orjiako and Arthur EZe

see as their useless ooni stood like a hungry useless slave with his sugarcane walking stick looking at the Kings in admiration

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by TAO11(f): 3:20am On May 09, 2019
duvetmaster:

Everyone in the south sha wants to attach themselves to Oduduwa.

Who no like better thing?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Menance: 3:30am On May 09, 2019
anambrang:
8/5/19

The Ooni of Ife, Ooni Adeyeye Ogunwus, Ojaja II Host Eri King, His Majesty, Eze Chukwuemeka Eri, Ezeora 34th & Eze Aka Ji Ọvọ Igbo (The present occupant of Eri throne), as both interacted on the historical relationship between the Igbo and Yoruba people.

IT WAS A ROYAL HANDSHAKE ACROSS THE NIGER!

this thread was going so well until useless afonjas started throwing jabs.
Btw that ooni must have begged and begged and done extra for Eri king to have visited the pig style.

I must compliment the Majestic look of the Eri King, his nose must have suffered a great damage caused by the stink and boom coming for that pig style
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Menance: 3:46am On May 09, 2019
ChristianNorth:
And the master was bowing.
lwkm. I tire o. I tire for these dramatic afonjas
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by AJ10(m): 3:51am On May 09, 2019
it normal every Royal father will consider his people first, don't judge d man na him job b dat
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Urchman200: 3:52am On May 09, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Nonsense we have nothing in common.
easy man no go kill yourself ooo
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 4:13am On May 09, 2019
Don’t rush into hasty judgment I don’t mean the whole of Ogbaru please, because some part of Ogbaru migrated from Igala, I mean my own town and a few others. And I hope you are not referring to Chinua Achebe the great story teller, because if he is the one you are referring to he is from Ogidi which is the upper part of Anambra and not Ogbaru
ChristianNorth:

Piece of cake. Your great grand father migrated from benin and settled at Ogbaru. He married an Igbo woman to start a family line you are part of.

It doesn't mean a Benin man founded Ogbaru. Achebe is from there and he never mentioned of that.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by McTobe(m): 4:16am On May 09, 2019
I am not stupid and bastard what exactly is your point since you cannot be civil in your choice of words
ChristianNorth:

Don't be stupid. Does Eze Chima sound Edoid to you? I am sorry, but you guys are just clueless revisionist.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Jaideyone(m): 4:47am On May 09, 2019
duvetmaster:
m0ron
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by bibe(m): 6:23am On May 09, 2019
Sakamaje:
I thought they said igbos have no 'kings' but warrant chiefs appointed by the brits?

The Eze Nri was unlike other monarchy, he was a priest King and was revered as such. Once crowned he lives in seclusion till death.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by enemyofprogress: 6:24am On May 09, 2019
hammer6F:

I WONT EVEN JOIN U IN UR MADNESS.

I KNOW U ARE FROM THE NORTH, BUT TAKE IT EASY.
he went there to beg for money as him don broke nau
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by CioAngels(f): 6:29am On May 09, 2019
hammer6F:
THIS ONI MUST BE VERY SPECIAL TO DRAG EZE ERI OUT OF HIS PALACE.

EZE ERI IS THE NUMBER ONE IN IGBO LAND.

VISITING LIKE THIS ARE USUALLY FOR OBI OF ONITSHA AND CO.

WAT IS GOING ON SEF?
For peace to rein in the land as i see bonding together for unity of purpose in the south. My kings may you both live long for peace to birth.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Hosts Eze Chukwuemeka Eri by Yujin(m): 6:31am On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

There was no ancient Nri kingdom.

That is a modern fiction

According to historians

A major history book in the 70s and 80s was written by an Eboe man Onwubiko

He seems not to have heard of Nri Kingdom
Lol. According to which historian? Aribisala, you won't stop from delving into what you are ignorant of. That's a bad habit. Say what you have read and understood very well.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uganda Ekyogero Traditional Bath Is Believed To Bring Goodluck And Wade Away... / Abohs Of Delta State Are Not Igbos / "Your Queens Will Multiply" Prophetess Olori Naomi Tells Her Husband Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.