Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead (1713 Views)

Two Dead In Fatal Accident In Abia (Graphic Photos) / Under Flyover Bridges In Dubai Vs. Under Flyover Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Two Dead, As Container Falls On Car In Lagos [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by cogbuagu: 8:30am On May 09, 2019
As an uber and Taxify driver, I left my house at Ajah 5am today. After my 1st trip. My side mirrow was broken and i decided to put my car out of commission for safety reasons. I can't drive with only one side mirror.

On getting to Ajah bridge I saw this accident that just happened involving 4 people in a black Toyota corolla with registration number KRD478FR. It happened few minutes to 6am.
I kind of think this will be an uber/ Taxify driver taking people to God is good motor park or others.

The driver(male) and the lady in the front died instantly. The other 2 at the back were seriously wounded and were rushed to hospital by road safety people who came instantly.

The driver hit the concrete pole at the bride at very high speed. The air bag blew still were not able to safe their lives.

Now, having been living in Ajah and being uber/Taxify driver.
Below are things i think may have caused this accident.
1. Sleep may have caught the driver on steering having stressed him self last night driving.
2. The riders may have told this guy that they are in hurry and forced him to speed. I hear riders every day telling me that they are in hurry where as they just want to save penny which doesn't work that way.
3. The concrete pole at that bridge has been a death trap ever since. It may be the driver's 1st time there and he wasn't awere of that concrete pole. Any body who is not awere and approch that place at hight speed may hit it.There has been a plastic barrels there people have been hitting. Why LCC removed them totally is unknown to me up till now.

Re: Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by cogbuagu: 8:31am On May 09, 2019
The concrete pole they hit.

Hitting road dividers in all traffic lights from 3rd round about to vgc. Happens every day.
But the solution is simple but still LCC just don't want to implement it.

The solution is simply to mount pole of at least 10 feet high with installed red lights permanently on. Powered by solar so that at least any one 50 to 100 meters away from it see they are approaching it.

Believe me. No matter how careful or how often u pass there. U can still hit those road dividers.

Any body can make u hit it. U don't have to only unknowingly it.
If i want u hit it all I have to do is to speed towards it. On approaching it I will instantly divert. The person following me behind and trying to maintain the same speed with me doesn't see what I'm seeing. So once I quickly clear off it then its late for the person behind to do the same. But if there is a pole very high showing others behind me that there is danger ahead. They will slow down and avoid it.

LCC should please install safety pole with red lights on those dividers.

2 Likes

Re: Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by bro4u: 9:07am On May 09, 2019
H
Re: Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by bro4u: 9:12am On May 09, 2019
Nigeria as a whole is a death trap my brother... I wish this happened to our selfish and stupid politicians.
Re: Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by EbukaHades10(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2019
bro4u:
Nigeria as a whole is a death trap my brother... I wish this happened to our selfish and stupid politicians.
Na bruhv. Those poli-thieve-tians get god wey dey their back
Re: Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by jesmond3945: 9:03pm On May 09, 2019
Looking at the back of the car i dont think there was much impact to cause fatal injury to the passengers.
Re: Accident At Ajah Flyover This Morning. Two Dead by Teajayz(m): 10:56am On May 10, 2019
What an heartfelt incident. I strongly believe the driver is only trying to make ends meet but unfortunately met his end. So many reasons could have caused this. I pray almighty God give the families of the victims involved fortitudes to bear the loss and quick recovery to the ones at the hospital.

My Advice; Do not overwork yourself in the quest of making money, when your body calls for rest, please do. Even machines knocks when being overworked. Also do not allow any rider to push you to your own death. it is not a do or die affair. A rider who wants to get to his destination as early as possible would leave his abode as early as possible. We all know what Lagos traffic could cause us.

I noticed the car is on a third party insurance cover; that cover is bad for a private car user and worse for a commercial purpose used car. Comprehensive insurance cover should be our best choice when it comes to motor insurance. It covers your car against;
1. Fire
2. Theft
3. Accidental damage to your car or the third party
4. Bodily injury/Death (The family of the victims get compensated, usually in Millions T and C applies)
5. Passengers liability to a limit.

For guidance on how to lay claims from insurance companies, do not hesitate to beep me on 07056213630.

Let us all be careful as we use the road, we might be very careful, can we verge for other road users?

Health is wealth
Our family still love us
Lets stay safe

(1) (Reply)

U Can't Leave Nigeria Without Relatives In Abroad / 3 Reasons Why Brazil Is Not A Racist Country(photos) / I Just Landed In My Village, Afarata, Ibeku, Umuahia From Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.