Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! (3354 Views)

Laptops And Desktop At Cheapest Rate Ever. Dell, HP, Acer, Samsung, MSi... / *** Pre-order Your Jiayu Android Phones At Cheapest Rate Ever*** / Blackberry Bold 3 Now In Town At Cheapest Price! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by freelance(m): 10:45am On May 03, 2007
Dell Inspiron 1501, 14’’ Screen, 120 GB, AMD SEMPRON 3500+, 1.8Ghz, CD / DVD-rw combo, 512mb for just 135k

Hurry because stock is limited for more enquires send a mail to freelance911@ gmail.com
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 10:49am On May 03, 2007
What do you mean by the phrase "CD/DVD-RW combo"? Are you implying that the laptop can write DVD-roms?
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by freelance(m): 12:04pm On May 03, 2007
@ Seun
  Sure the laptop can write DVD- roms.  wink

It's a very lovely offer cheesy grin
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2007
If the drive can write DVDs, then how come it's called a combo and not a DVD-RW drive? Please stop lying my friend.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by freelance(m): 12:36pm On May 03, 2007
Take it or leave it grin
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 11:17am On May 07, 2007
Freelance is not lying, combo is used to describe such combination of drives. Even the laptop I bought about 5 years ago came with a CD RW/DVD combo.

Do not call people liars simply because you do not understand what they are saying especially when they are 100% correct.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 10:08pm On May 07, 2007
He is lying because he said it can write DVDs.
A CDRW/DVD combo cannot write DVDs.
You're just disagreeing with me because you enjoy it.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by eniola1310(f): 8:48am On May 08, 2007
Liar !! I have just bought this same laptop off Dell website at $499 = N65,000. plus shipping and vat it totalled $603 = N78390. so why should buy form u at N135k not even N100k.

If i can get it cheaper why buy from u ?
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 9:38am On May 08, 2007
Seun:

He is lying because he said it can write DVDs.
A CDRW/DVD combo cannot write DVDs.
You're just disagreeing with me because you enjoy it.

I have better things to do than to disagree with you.

The CD RW/DVD combo was stated by me to demonstrate to you that the use of the word combo has been in place even as at 5 years ago. The RW is clearly stated in the CD part and not the DVD part so I don't know where you got the idea that anyone is telling you that a CD RW/DVD combo can write DVDs.

Just admit your mistake and move on, it will only make you a better person because no one is perfect.

Afam:

Freelance is not lying, combo is used to describe such combination of drives. Even the laptop I bought about 5 years ago came with a CD RW/DVD combo.

Do not call people liars simply because you do not understand what they are saying especially when they are 100% correct.

I am sure the quote above clearly shows you where the issue of CD RW/DVD combo came in. Don't confuse it with freelance's post which has been reproduced below for emphasis sake.

freelance:

Dell Inspiron 1501, 14’’ Screen, 120 GB, AMD SEMPRON 3500+, 1.8Ghz, CD / DVD-rw combo, 512mb for just 135k

Hurry because stock is limited for more enquires send a mail to freelance911@ gmail.com

Again a CD/DVD RW combo can write DVDs anyday.

Combo is short for combination.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 9:42am On May 08, 2007
Ys, a "CD/DVD-RW" combo, if such a thing exists, would write DVDs.
What I'm saying is that freelance's PC does not have a "CD/DVD-RW" combo.
What I'm saying is that he tried to capitalize on his typo by lying to me. Kapish?
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by freelance(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2007
@ Afam
Thanks very much. I very much appreciate it. wink

@ Seun

It's not by force and i have told you to take it or leave it grin. I don't think i can be wasting valuable time trying to convince you.

By the way why shud i lie to you. I have nothing to gain by lying to you and by the way who are you? cheesy

While you are still doubting and denying, the laptops are fasting selling and infact almost sold out.

And how are you so sure the laptops don't have "CD/DVD-RW" combo. You have not even seen them before

So Seun you either take it or leave it undecided

Thanks  very much

Godspeed!!!
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 11:41am On May 08, 2007
Seun:

Ys, a "CD/DVD-RW" combo, if such a thing exists, would write DVDs.
What I'm saying is that freelance's PC does not have a "CD/DVD-RW" combo.
What I'm saying is that he tried to capitalize on his typo by lying to me. Kapish?

Which is easier to do? To accept your mistake, make amends and move on or to attempt to beat around the bush?

You made an obvious mistake and your continual denial is making things more difficult for you to explain.

If you have not seen the laptop how can you state that it does not have the combo as advertised?

@Freelance,

You are welcome. Take care.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 12:56pm On May 08, 2007
Ok, can you give us the model number of this miracle laptop with the "CD-DVD-RW combo"?
Once we get the model number, we'll be able to verify the "CD/DVD-RW" drive on the manufacturer's website. Deal?
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 1:37am On May 09, 2007
The applicable line on the website you linked says, "24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive".
That means if has a CD burner and can read DVDs. It cannot write DVDs. Is it that hard to understand?

The help section says:
Watch DVD Movies on your notebook. Install software (stored on CD or DVD). Copy music onto your notebook from CDs. DVD-ROM

Copy music from your computer to CDs playable in your car, portable CD player or home entertainment system. Occasionally backup data, music and pictures. Watch DVD movies. Install software (stored on CD). Copy music onto your notebook from CDs. CD-RW

If you plan to do all or a combination of the activities listed above (both DVD-ROM and CD-RW)
CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive

By writing "CD-RW/DVD" as "CD/DVD-RW" (can you see the difference? hint: the word order),
he's deliberately giving us the false impression that this combo drive can write DVDs, which is false.

No PC or laptop manufacturer I know sells combo drives that can write DVDs and can't write CDs.
I can't believe we are arguing about something so straightforward. Freelance has already accepted his fault.

I'm surprised at prodgalson especially because he's normally a very smart person. Are you so easily conned?
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 12:09pm On May 09, 2007
I've been having a bad day since I got to work today. I have been looking for something to give me some relief until I came across this argument smiley. I was almost going to start defending Seun as I read down the thread but I can see he had already played a good return match. cheesy.

Let me add one thing though. If it can burn DVDs then it's simply a DVDRW drive which means that it can also burn CDs. But if it can't burn DVDs, you'll probably see something like DVD/CDRW Combo drive or CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive. There is nothing like CD / DVD-rw combo. So when freelance gave us CD/DVD-rw and that doesn't correspond with what's on the dell site, then that meant he had told a fat lie.

This is one issue I've always had with buyers and even some sellers. I actually had an argument with someone yesterday on this. Some people are just too "over-sabi". I hope you guys have learned something today. cheesy. If you ain't too sure about something, don't argue about it. If you're into computers, read more about it.

Seun, looking for a laptop with freelance's model number won't always give you the exact spec as freelance's. People purchase customized laptops too. And some sellers upgrade laptops before they are listed.

Freelance, if your laptop has this "CD-RW/DVD Combo Drive" on it, then it means that it doesn't burn DVDs.

This argument has really given me a great relief. cool Thanks to everyone that contributed. What a therapy!
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2007
If you tell a single lie you will need a thousand more to cover it.

From the Dell website it is clearly stated that the second option of the same model comes with CD/DVD Burner

Stgop the lies and live a good life gentlemen.

See the reproduced content below especially the content in bold.

++++++++++++++++++

Smart Value

Dual-Core Smart Value
InspironTM 1501
GOOD

InspironTM 1501
BETTER

InspironTM 1501
BEST
$599
$499
[After $100 Instant Savings.]
Limited time offer.

$824
$549
[After $275 Instant Savings.]
Limited time offer.

$914
$599
[After $315 Instant Savings.]
Limited time offer.
As low as $13/mo.*
Dell Business Financing Learn More | Apply

As low as $14/mo.*

As low as $15/mo.*

Customize with Windows Vista
Customize with Windows XP

Processor
Learn More
Mobile AMD Sempron™ 3500+ (1.8GHz/512KB)

Processor
Learn More
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50

Processor
Learn More
AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TL-50
Operating System
Learn More
Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Basic

Operating System
Learn More

Operating System
Learn More
Screen
Learn More
14.1 inch Wide Screen XGA Display

Screen
Learn More
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display

Screen
Learn More
15.4 inch Wide Screen XGA Display
Memory
Learn More
512MB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHZ, 1 DIMM

Memory
Learn More
1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm

Memory
Learn More
1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz, 2 Dimm
Hard Drive
Learn More
60GB* Hard Drive

Hard Drive
Learn More
60GB* Hard Drive

Hard Drive
Learn More
120GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Optical Drive
Learn More
24X CD Burner/DVD Combo Drive

Optical Drive
Learn More
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer* DVD+R write capability

Optical Drive
Learn More
8X CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer* DVD+R write capability
Primary Battery
29 WHr 4-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Primary Battery
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Primary Battery
85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Office Software (not included in Windows XP)
Learn More
Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD

Office Software (not included in Windows XP)
Learn More
Microsoft Works 8. DOES NOT INCLUDE MS WORD

Warranty & Service
Learn More
1 Yr Ltd Warranty, 1 Yr Mail-in Service, and 1 Yr Tech Support

Warranty & Service
Learn More

Warranty & Service
Learn More
$350 OFF select Inspiron Notebooks!
When customized to price at least $1,199 or more. Limited time offer. ENDS TODAY!
More Details
FREE 3-5 Day Shipping & Handling
On all notebooks. Includes software & accessories purchased with a system. Limited time offer.
More Details
Save up to $300 on Select Dell Projectors!
Expires 5/16/2007.
More Details

When customized to price at least $1,199 or more. Limited time offer. ENDS TODAY!
More Details
On all notebooks. Includes software & accessories purchased with a system. Limited time offer.
More Details
Expires 5/16/2007.
More Details

More Details
More Details
Expires 5/16/2007.
More Details

Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2007
Afam, who are you referring to? Didn't you support freelance in the argument? Trying to pull yourself out, right? Freelance lied because he's claiming to be right about what he left there. If he wasn't sure about the right name to call it he should have just left a link to dell page, why confuse people?
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 8:19am On May 10, 2007
kdships:

Afam, who are you referring to? Didn't you support freelance in the argument? Trying to pull yourself out, right? Freelance lied because he's claiming to be right about what he left there. If he wasn't sure about the right name to call it he should have just left a link to dell page, why confuse people?

As regards the lying I am refering to you and Seun.

I have always supported Freelance because his claim has been substantiated even on Dell website for the same model.

Read through my post before this and see the content in bold to comprehend my point.

Freelance has been right all along.

The laptop model has a CD/DVD Burner which you claimed never existed.

Try to be sure of whatever thing you say because you may just turn out to be 100% wrong.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 11:20am On May 10, 2007
Afam, why are you complicating things here?

CD/DVD Burner is usually written DVD+/-RW or just DVD/DVDRW and not CD/DVD-rw Combo. If it burns only CDs and reads DVDs, it's written CDRW/DVD Combo. He wrote it the other way round(CD/DVD-rw Combo) and still added Combo.

If you have combo added to it like this: CDRW/DVD combo, then it's no longer a DVD Burner but a CD burner and a DVD reader.  But if you look back at what freelance left there, it has combo added to CD/DVD-rw. Now, does that make any sense?

He's saying it's a Combo and at the same time saying it's a DVD burner. If he had left it like this: CD/DVD-rw, that would have made more sense. I could easily understand that it burns DVDs and CD.

Freelance, remove the combo on it so we can understand that it's a DVD burner. Better still, just write it this way next time: CD/DVD burner. This is different from CD/DVD-rw Combo.

Correct yourselves Afam and Freelance and stop complicating issues.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by freelance(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2007
@ prodgalson  and Afam

Thanks very much. I really appreciate you guys wink.

I am just surprised why these guys are just trying so hard to discredit what they have not seen before or used before. And yet they are feeling very sure of themselves.

I don't just see myself wasting valuable time trying to convince  these people since they don't even want to buy cool.

You can choose to believe  or not grin It's all good cheesy

Godspeed cheesy
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 12:22pm On May 10, 2007
kdships:

Afam, why are you complicating things here?

CD/DVD Burner is usually written DVD+/-RW or just DVD/DVDRW and not CD/DVD-rw Combo. If it burns only CDs and reads DVDs, it's written CDRW/DVD Combo. He wrote it the other way round(CD/DVD-rw Combo) and still added Combo.

If you have combo added to it like this: CDRW/DVD combo, then it's no longer a DVD Burner but a CD burner and a DVD reader. But if you look back at what freelance left there, it has combo added to CD/DVD-rw. Now, does that make any sense?

He's saying it's a Combo and at the same time saying it's a DVD burner. If he had left it like this: CD/DVD-rw, that would have made more sense. I could easily understand that it burns DVDs and CD.

Freelance, remove the combo on it so we can understand that it's a DVD burner. Better still, just write it this way next time: CD/DVD burner. This is different from CD/DVD-rw Combo.

Correct yourselves Afam and Freelance and stop complicating issues.

Initially you stated that CD/DVD RW combo does not exist, now it has been shown that it does you are beating around the bush.

You are the one complicating issues in your head because what has been put down here is clear to everyone.

Again, you seem not to understand the meaning of the word combo, it is short for combination.

CD/DVD RW combo is a reality and if you cannot swallow this fact take a cold beer to relax.

Whether you agree with an issue or not, the correctness of that issue will remain intact and unshakeable.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2007
Afam:

Initially you stated that CD/DVD RW combo does not exist, now it has been shown that it does you are beating around the bush.

You are the one complicating issues in your head because what has been put down here is clear to everyone.

Again, you seem not to understand the meaning of the word combo, it is short for combination.

CD/DVD RW combo is a reality and if you cannot swallow this fact take a cold beer to relax.

Whether you agree with an issue or not, the correctness of that issue will remain intact and unshakeable.

I never said CDRW/DVD combo or DVDRW does not exist. These are different from what I said. I stated and I quote; "There is nothing like CD / DVD-rw combo". Does that look like the same to you? And I still stand by it. This is different from CDRW/DVD combo. Read the letters! Can't you see the difference? If it's a combo, then place your RW where it should be. You quoted; "CD/DVD RW combo is a reality, ". Your RW came just after DVD which is wrong. It should come after CD and it doesn't burn DVDs either. It's never written CD/DVD RW combo. If you must say CD/DVD RW, then don't add the combo to it or else you will be confusing everybody. That's why I said there was nothing like CD/DVD-rw combo.

If it's just a CD burner and a DVD reader the RW should come just after the CD and not after the DVD. And there is no combo after it either.

Combo is the one that burns CDs and Reads DVDs and it's written CDRW/DVD combo. If it burns both media, then it's written CD/DVD burner, DVD/DVDRW, DVDRW or like it's stated at the dell site, CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW). The one in bracket means the same as the one outside the bracket. DID YOU SEE COMBO THERE?  DON'T YOU GET IT? COMBO IS ONLY USED WHEN IT ONLY BURNS CDs AND READS DVDs BUT FREELANCE USED COMBO. If I see this I will think it burns only CDs and that was exactly what Seun thought. But Freelance rather went ahead to say that it burns DVDs which was misleading.

===============================================
Quote from: freelance on May 03, 2007, 10:45 AM
"Dell Inspiron 1501, 14’’ Screen, 120 GB, AMD SEMPRON 3500+, 1.8Ghz, CD / DVD-rw combo, 512mb for just 135k"
Quote from: freelance on May 03, 2007, 12:04 PM
"@ Seun
  Sure the laptop can write DVD- roms."

Everyone started using combo when it was uncommon to find a CD burner and a DVD reader combined. Thus, the name combo, giving it a better market value. I repeat, if it burns both CDs AND DVDs, it's written CD/DVD Burner (DVD+/-RW). There is nothing like combo there. Combo is the one that burns only CDs and reads DVDs. PERIOD! Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

Compare these two below and you will FINALLY agree with me:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000100005+1036506654&name=Combo+Drive

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2000100005+1036506653&name=DVD+Burner

You're the one confusing yourself here. Teacher work no easy o!
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 5:13pm On May 11, 2007
It seems you are mixing up a lot of issues here.

Combo is short for combination. I never knew there were combinations that forbid one from using the word combo.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 6:13pm On May 11, 2007
Combo has been used for that one purpose(CDRW/DVD Combo) already and no one is planning on using it the way you guys have used it(CD/DVD-rw Combo). So, what makes you think everyone will understand you? Combo means combination doesn't mean you can use it just anyhow for any two device that is combined. You will just be confusing people with that. THIS IS ALREADY A NAME USED FOR A PARTICULAR TYPE OF DRIVE. IF IT'S NOT USED FOR A COMBINATION OF DVD BURNER AND CD BURNER, DON'T TRY TO FORCE PEOPLE TO USE IT THAT WAY. ABI NA YOU BE THE MANUFACTURER? IF YOU STILL DON'T GET IT, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GO SEE A PHYSICIAN. I REST MY CASE.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 9:35am On May 12, 2007
You sure do not know what you are discussing about.

Combo did not surface with CD/DVD combinations so trying to tie the word to the CD/DVD combination is so wrong.

I may need to see a physician but I certainly do not need to go back to school to learn just as you need to.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 10:38am On May 12, 2007
What is wrong with this afam? I didn't say the word "combo" was never used in general. In this context, that is how it is used. When you are discussing computer drives and you use the word combo, one would definitely think you were referring to a cdrw/dvd combo. And that's only when you use it when discussing computer drives. What have we been discussing here? Is it not computer drives? Have we been discussing english language?

Afam, i'd advise you to drop this attitude or you'll never learn. [B]goodbye![/b]
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Seun(m): 11:03am On May 12, 2007
Afam is ready to sacrifice common sense in order to prove me wrong at all costs. Don't mind him.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 3:26pm On May 12, 2007
Seun,

When will you get tired of deleting posts that expose your mistakes? It seems you prefer to cover your mistakes than accept them, not a good style.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 12, 2007
my laptop has a LightScribe DVD+/-RW and CD-RW Combo Drive

hope that helps for those fighting. grin
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by Afam(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2007
davidylan:

my laptop has a LightScribe DVD+/-RW and CD-RW Combo Drive

hope that helps for those fighting. grin

Thanks for posting that abeg, it is really annoying discussing with people that lack the courage and humility to accept their mistakes.
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by osegwu(m): 4:45pm On May 12, 2007
My laptop has a LightScribe DVD+/-RW and CD-RW Combo Drive

hope that helps for those fighting.

So is mine
Re: Brand New Dell Laptops For Sale At Cheapest Price! by kdships(m): 6:47pm On May 12, 2007
@davidylan and osegwu, I came back here because of what you guys left.

LightScribe technology is virtually a new technology introduced by HP. This was just a way of integrating CD/DVD recording and CD/DVD labeling into a device. This is why some other manufacturers now use the word combo for it regardless of the type of disc it uses. This is different from the CDRW/DVD ROM combo drive that we know. And most of these are external drives. If freelance's laptop was the former, he would have said so because that should even give it more value.

When you said, "My laptop has LightScribe DVD+/-RW and CD-RW Combo Drive". You indicated in there that it's also LightScribe and DVD+/-RW. If you had said it this way, "My laptop has DVDRW/CDRW Combo drive then you will be wrong.

Maybe this is beginning to evolve because of some of these new tech stuff(LightScribe/DL) being added to it. If that's the case, then we should wait until the manufacturers begin to call the ones without the new tech combo.

I'm absolutely sure freelance's Laptop doesn't have any of those new technologies with it. If he had said so we won't be arguing here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hp Business Laptop Nc6120 For $350 With Bluetooth / Hp Pro Book 4430s Intel Core I3,14inches @87k / Hp Pavilion Dv6700 Entertainment And Toshiba Satellite A200/a205 Series.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.