Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,683 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts (5313 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Universities Charge Ridiculous Amount For Transcripts? / Transcripts Vs Statement Of Result.......any Difference? / Federal University Oye Ekiti Graduates Decry Delay In Issuance Of Transcripts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by Dunniey: 3:32pm On May 10, 2019
I have been meaning to post my transcript since but I got my visa so late that I almost missed resumption. I know people are going for F1 Visa interview around this period so I decided to post mine because transcripts from here really helped me.
I did my interview on the 31st Dec 2018 at 8:10am. The interview took place at Walter Carrington in Victoria Island.
I got in and was asked to go meet a young white lady in her mid/late thirties. Omo I was already so scared because I heard those ladies deny people very well. I was really hoping to fall to the young guy or an old man so that I can smile very well for them.. Lol
The person in front of me was a rich man with his daughter she wanted to go to Disney, after they gave them the visa and told them to pick it up in 3 days the guy started arguing that 3 days is too much that his daughter needs to travel in my mind I said money is good. The white lady was even apologizing to him telling him she will see what she can do. Here goes my transcript

V.O: Why are you going to the United States?
Me: I am going to pursue my Masters Degree in Industrial and Human Factors Engineering in Wright State University Dayton OH

V.O: Why did you choose the US
Me: I chose the US because the US Universities have great facilities for research and a masters degree from an American University is highly recognized in Nigeria, this will help me establish myself upon completion of my degree.

V.O: Why did you choose this course
Me: After taking courses such as Optimization Methods, Simulation and Stochastic models I will be equipped with the adequate knowledge to advance my career and take up senior level roles where I currently work which is Raw Materials Research and Development Council

V.O: How long have you been working with them?
Me: Since 2016, so over 2years now

V.O: How many other schools did you apply to?
Me: I applied to 2 others, Wichita State University Kansas, University of Missouri Columbia

V.O: Why did you choose WSU?
Me: I chose WSU because it suits my profile for research opportunities and my area of research called Operations research and optimization has a lab dedicated to this research called the Large Scale Optimization lab.

V.O: Where did you complete your undergraduate?
Me: University of Lagos, I studied Chemical Engineering

V.O: When did you complete it
Me: Dec 2015

V.O: Did you take any standardized tests?
Me: Yes I did. GRE and TOEFL

V:O: So who is sponsoring you?
Me: My step sis

V.O: And what does she do?
Me: She manages my dad's agriculture and property business

V.O: Do you have her bank statement?
Me: Yes I do

V.O: Can I see it?
Me: Sure *I start opening folder and searching in the midst of all the 1000 documents I brought*
I now said please give me a minute to get it out, V.O. sure take your time
Finally hands her the statement

V.O: What does she do again?
Me: She manages my dad's agriculture and property business my dad is 73 *we now both chorused he is retired*

V.O: I see you have a partial scholarship how do you intend to maintain it?
Me: I intend to maintain a 3.0 GPA across the semesters

V.O: Did you speak to anyone in the school
Me: Yes I did

V.O: What are their names?
Me: Professor Parik Pratik, Dr Subhashini Ganapathy Belinda Grody.

Ok you can pick up your passport from blah blah blah in 3 working days. Hands me the white paper. I jumped!!!!!!! My heart jumped for joy!!!!!
I want to say please be confident. It is sooo important they denied lots of people. The even denied someone I met there from school. I know the person to be soo smart. Make sure you do not edit you DS-160 form no matter what after you have submitted it is better to submit 3 days to your interview than submitting and editing it. Also if you are making up stories make sure it is stories that are believable. Put yourself in the VO's shoes will you buy this story and do your research very very very important.

Thank you all. Nairaland was beyond a blessing. I am so thankful. I am specifically thankful to GOD Almighty. There is nothing I can do without him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by otipoju(m): 3:36pm On May 10, 2019
Bro this is the perfect interview. You were very prepared.

A. You showed in your response that you had a valid reason and genuine intentions to be in the USA.

B. You showed that you had enough socio- economic ties to return after you studies.

1. Coming back to your job in Nigeria on a higher level
2. Your Dad is 73 and you wont abandon him
3. You have landed property and a business that you will be a part of in future.

C. You had enough funds to take care of your living expenses and Tuition for the duration of your studies.

1. Your partial scholarship
2. Your step sister sponsoring you

These are the 3 things they are looking for during a Visa interview and once they can satisfy their conscience that you meet these 3 criteria, they will issue the Visa...but the burden of proof is on you.

1 Like

Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by Dunniey: 3:41pm On May 10, 2019
I had to prepare very well after all the denials I have been reading here. I told God I wanted it to be my first and last so I put in all the work and he did it. Thank you.
otipoju:
Bro this is the perfect interview. You were very prepared.
Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by otipoju(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2019
Dunniey:
I had to prepare very well after all the denials I have been reading here. I told God I wanted it to be my first and last so I put in all the work and he did it. Thank you.

I used to live in Columbus. I have a very cool Nigerian friend in Columbus. When you get in. Let me know. Ill give you his contact. He is a fantastic friend. He is done with his Masters .
Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by otipoju(m): 3:50pm On May 10, 2019
Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by Dunniey: 3:38pm On May 11, 2019
Oh cool. I been here for 4 months
otipoju:

I used to live in Columbus. I have a very cool Nigerian friend in Columbus. When you get in. Let me know. Ill give you his contact. He is a fantastic friend. He is done with his Masters .
Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by Heisxs: 9:24pm On May 28, 2022
Hello I am going for my f1 visa interview and am using my uncle as my sponsor who also lives and works in the us.Funny enough stays in the same state as the school I was admitted to
What are your advice pls
Re: USA Visa Interview, F1 Visa Transcripts by Kenhal: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hello everyone,

I had my interview today at US Lagos embassy and my visa was denied instantly without asking questions.

The transcript went like this:
VO: (immediately she saw my I-20) who’s sponsoring you?
Me: My uncle, he’s the CEO of …. They manufacture window blinds and aluminum windows for government and non government entities
VO: what do you do?
Me: I work as a business development executive with so so company.
VO: how much do you earn?
Me: I earn so so amount

VO: I’m sorry we can’t issue your visa

I was like dumbfounded because she didn’t ask about school and all that.

What did I do wrong?

Before the interview started, the person I did my finger print was already like “my passport photo is more than 6 months, bring a new passport when next you come” like she already knew I was going to be denied. Mind you, I took the passport photograph in April and I filled ds-160 in August/September

I also attached my I-20 to this comment, please view it and revert back what could go wrong.

I’m also trying to get in contact with Lagosismyhome. If you see this, kindly drop a contact I can reach you on.

Thank you as I will be waiting for everyone response

(1) (Reply)

Fed Poly Ede 2011 2nd Admission List / Unilag Aspirants,share Your Jamb Result Here / Ongoing Uniben Students Protest: See The Funny Placard A Student Brought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.