Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae (932 Views)

6 Strong Reasons Why Nigerians In The UK Are So 'stingy' / Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae by jookunlaja(m): 7:59am On May 11, 2019
FINALLY DISCOVERED!! WHY NIGERIANS ARE HATED IN UAE & WHY IT IS BECOMING MORE DIFFICULT FOR NIGERIANS TO GET JOB OFFERS
Having spend some months in the wonder city called Dubai and transversing between Dubai and the other connecting cities, I have finally discovered some of the reasons why many Nigerian job seekers are always meeting a brick wall in their attempt to secure genuine job placement in the UAE.
Nigerians are being accused of so many offenses, ranging from the positive and negative offenses. By Positive offenses, I mean simple contract breaching before the end of their employment tenure which is usually two years. Outsiders must know that the UAE is a very unique place with a lot of laws and order guiding so many aspects of citizens lives. These laws have made Dubai a great city because no one is above the law. And there is no partiality or man-know-man in their justice system. More so, offenders are punished accordingly and swiftly. Without the delay in justice system that we are used to in our side of the world.
In fact, even in the dead of the night, motorists still obey traffic laws religiously. You need to see when its even a single vehicle on the road in the middle of the night, the driver still joyfully obey traffic lights without compulsion.
Virtually everything about employer and employee relationship is guided by strict laws and breaching these laws attract some fines. These laws are enacted to protect the interest of both employee and employer. However, Nigerians as a very smart and intelligent people will always look for loopholes in the laws. This is due to some factors like the average Nigerian educational level. I have discovered that most Nigerians who easily change jobs before the end of their employment visa are the educated ones. The average Nigerian in the UAE is usually more educated and enlightened than many other nationals.

Due to the fact that Nigerians are a bit more ambitious than many other nationals.Hence, my people will always seek for greener pasture after discovering that the sky is not the limit in UAE. So when an average Nigerian comes to seek job opportunity and he was able to secure a menial job despite his educational background of being a graduate, he will be restless and will be longing for a job opportunity that corresponds with his educational background. Meanwhile, he was supposed to spend two years on the job but may not even wink an eye to cancel the contract and go for a higher paying job opportunity. This selfish action will have ripple effects on the employer who is at the losing side and other job seekers from the region.
Secondly and quite sadly, some (very few and infact, insignificant) Nigerians have given us a very bad image in the UAE due to their nefarious activities. Some are here acting as Job Agents and they charge exorbitant fees to help guys secure job placements.Meanwhile, some of these jobs are nonexistent jobs. Some even collude with other nationals to dupe unsuspecting job seekers of their hard earned money.While some others are into visa racketeering. Some are involved in all sorts of anti-social behaviors which the UAE frowns at. Not knowing that crimes or criminals cannot escape the long arm of the law in this place.The policing system is unique despite the fact that Policemen do not go about with fire arms like guns. I have not set my yes on a gun since entering this place. Dubai is telling us in Africa that policing has gone beyond carrying fire arms about like soldiers in a war-torn city. The officers are not armed yet they are extremely effective and efficient in curbing any form of criminalities.And most importantly, when mediating in issues, they do it so amicably that you will be surprised that are they angels or human beings. I rarely hear of partiality or justice miscarriage.
You have questions or enquries,then let us chat through janeokunlaja@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae by LuckyM: 8:34am On May 11, 2019
Good to hear

1 Like

Re: Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae by suremanpatriot: 8:51am On May 11, 2019
most Arabs are religious fanatics period. If u are not in their religion u are seen as enemy. undecided
Re: Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae by ariyebaba(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2019
I pity my people
Re: Finally Discovered!! Why Nigerians Are Hated In Uae by HarryDuce(m): 12:02pm On May 11, 2019
Stories.

Arabs are narcissists, chauvinistic bigots, etc. Whether you are Nigerian oh, abi Ghanaian you're seen as inferior. They're some of the most intolerant people on planet earth but you'd see them in western countries crying discrimination. Did you know the stadium in Qatar for the world cup is being built with slave labour? However you put it, it's still slavery.

(1) (Reply)

Will You Go To South Africa With Free Visa And Accommodation? / A Friend To Show Me Around In Tokyo / It Is High Time We Earn Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.