Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead (34178 Views)

Eddie Murphy And "The Golden Child"- 32 Years After The Movie / Eddie Nartey Traditional Wedding Photos & Video: Juliet Ibrahim, Van Vicker / Eddie Murphy Expecting His 10th Child (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by illiteratepmb: 3:35pm On May 11, 2019
LZAA:
Rip sir cry
Meanwhile i heard bmc zombies were not included in the new minimum wage grin
Sarrki ooo
Cc immhotep olawalesmarter Adaibeku
This table you are shaking, Seun and MODs dey on top o. You go chop ban taya o!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by LZAA: 3:37pm On May 11, 2019
illiteratepmb:

This table you are shaking, Seun and MODs dey on top o. You go chop ban taya o!
grin grin
Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by naptu2: 3:37pm On May 11, 2019
Lifestone:

Did you watch the video?

What video?
Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by Lifestone(m): 3:41pm On May 11, 2019
naptu2:

What video?
The video of his interview, he showed great interest in Nollywood

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by MuttleyLaff: 3:41pm On May 11, 2019
xangerar:
That's Bovi's father, isn't it?
No, just a close surname or last name namesake, Bovi's doesnt have h at his name end

1 Like

Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by naptu2: 3:47pm On May 11, 2019
Lifestone:

The video of his interview, he showed great interest in Nollywood

Ok, I think I understand what you mean, so I'll explain (by the way, I posted the video).

He didn't hate the industry (unlike Dr Ola Balogun and some of his other contemporaries), rather he felt that this was our Nigerian industry and it should be encouraged to grow.

What he hated was the name Nollywood. He said that the name was given to the industry by an Indian woman from South Africa. According to him, she said, "There's Hollywood, there's Bollywood, so your's must be Nollywood".

He found it offensive that the name was coined by a foreigner. Furthermore, he said that there's an actual place called Hollywood in California, so his question was, where is the location of Nollywood? That's why he called it a "Nothing-wood".

However, he said that it's the only name right now, so he's forced to use it, but Nigerian filmakers should have created a name for their industry

4 Likes

Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by Bonapart(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2019
davodyguy:

He's not a young man. He's old
OK o
Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by Lifestone(m): 3:51pm On May 11, 2019
naptu2:

Ok, I think I understand what you mean, so I'll explain (by the way, I posted the video).

He didn't hate the industry (unlike Dr Ola Balogun and some of his other contemporaries), rather he felt that this was our Nigerian industry and it should be encouraged to grow.

What he hated was the name Nollywood. He said that the name was given to the industry by an Indian woman from South Africa. According to him, she said, "There's Hollywood, there's Bollywood, so your's must be Nollywood".

He found it offensive that the name was coined by a foreigner. Furthermore, he said that there's an actual place called Hollywood in California, so his question was, where is the location of Nollywood? That's why he called it a "Nothing-wood".

However, he said that it's the only name right now, so he's forced to use it, but Nigerian filmakers should have created a name for their industry

Very informative. Good one bro

2 Likes

Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by anambraamaka: 4:03pm On May 11, 2019
RIP
Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by IamPlato(m): 10:12pm On May 11, 2019
What Da Fvck! Thats My Ex's Dad
Re: Eddie Ugbomah Is Dead by Originalsly: 4:44am On May 12, 2019
naptu2:
Interview: Chief Eddie Ugbomah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWYy3jS9d3Q

Every person involved in the film industry should watch this video...and watch it again. For the last 10 years or so.... Nollywood has been moving one step forward and three steps backwards.... moving backwards to the gutter. The guy is right....Nollywood has no sense of purpose.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ini Edo Looking Super Chic In New Photo / Tekno And His Daughter, Skye In New Photos / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde Unwinds At Westpoint Dakhla Hotel In Morocco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.