Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 (11297 Views)

Thiago Silva Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2023 / Manchester United Extend Odion Ighalo Contract Until January 2021 / Chelsea Reject £17.6m From Arsenal For David Luiz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by ackim: 2:59pm On May 11, 2019
David Luiz's Chelsea future has finally been resolved after he signed a new two-year deal through to 2021.

The Brazil defender's current Blues deal was due to expite at the end of the season, with the 32-year-old having been in protracted talks with the club over an extension.

But the popular centre-back, who has been a mainstay in Maurizio Sarri's side this season, will now remain at Stamford Bridge until June 2021.

Luiz has made 48 appearances in all competitions and scoring three goals, helping Chelsea secure a top-four finish in the Premier League and book a place in the Europa League final against Arsenal .

David Luiz has signed a new contract with Chelsea

He said: "I am so happy to be here and to have this opportunity to stay. I love this club and I still have the ambition of a young player.

"It means a lot to reach another European final, and we still have the opportunity to finish in the top three of the Premier League this season and I will continue to try to do my best to help the team."

Chelsea have decided to break the rule of not handing new deals to players over the age of 30, with former captains John Terry and Frank Lampard among those to leave in recent seasons.

Chelsea Director Marina Granovskaia added: "We are delighted David Luiz will be staying with the club. He has set the perfect example to those around him throughout the campaign and been a huge influence on and off the pitch.

The Brazilian poses for a photo at Stamford Bridge

"With the Europa League final still to come, we hope to finish off the season with silverware and David will be central to that success in Baku and beyond.'

The Blues have already secured Champions League qualification for next term courtesy of cementing a top-four Premier League finish, and could yet add the Europa League silverware.

Chelsea would deny Arsenal a Champions League place next term by beating the Gunners in Baku, with Luiz admitting that only adds extra motivation.

"It is going to be a difficult game, they have a great team and a great coach," said Luiz.

Luiz signs a contract extension with Chelsea Director Marina Granovskaia

"He (Unai Emery) knows how to win this competition. I worked with him a bit in Paris and I know how passionate he is.

"He knows how to play these kind of games. It is up to us to prepare well.

"We have to try to win the trophy. We know that if we win they will not be in the Champions League.

"This will be better for us because we put a fantastic team out of the Champions League."

http://www.reportminds.com/2019/05/david-luiz-signs-new-chelsea-contract.html

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by NoLotty7(m): 4:59pm On May 11, 2019
Great

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by sexiestharam(f): 5:00pm On May 11, 2019
We don't need Luiz extension. It's Hazard's contract extension we need. sad

11 Likes

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Mutecgold92(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2019
Kkk
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by kutenrich(m): 5:00pm On May 11, 2019
Hmm
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Waakanda: 5:00pm On May 11, 2019
Cool

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Bossgirl733: 5:01pm On May 11, 2019
Blue for life grin

Hit the like button if you be Chelsea fan grin grin

See My Signature grin grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Gkemz: 5:01pm On May 11, 2019
Nice development
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by seunmohmoh(f): 5:01pm On May 11, 2019
Hazard next
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Guapismo: 5:02pm On May 11, 2019
sexiestharam:
I don't know why u will under estimate a player like David Luiz, he is the best defender in Chelsea, he creates assists, he is almost as important as hazard.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by andysmith123(m): 5:02pm On May 11, 2019
up blues,if u think chelsea would win arsenal SHARE,but if you think they would lose don't bother to LIKE,i repeat don't bother to LIKE

3 Likes 8 Shares

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Queenboy123(m): 5:03pm On May 11, 2019
Great
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Benblaq(m): 5:07pm On May 11, 2019
Defender wey dey score

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by ncoolsome(m): 5:07pm On May 11, 2019
Guapismo:

I don't know why u will under estimate a player like David Luiz, he is the best defender in Chelsea, he creates assists, he is almost as important as hazard.

Luiz is a bunch of rubbish...his contract was only extended due to the ban..QED

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by DivinePips123: 5:20pm On May 11, 2019
Cool...

Kindly check out our offering and money success story here: https://www.nairaland.com/5027994/welcome-world-financial-freedom
It's so amazing.
Cheers. smiley
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 11, 2019
Chelsea used to be deadly when they had
Lampard, Ashley, Drogba, Ballack, Essien,Cech.
Good old blues,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by NwaNimo1(m): 5:28pm On May 11, 2019
Good news... given the upcoming transfer embargo.

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by northvietnam(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2019
Floppy defender undecided
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Unrated900(m): 5:33pm On May 11, 2019
sexiestharam:

Hazard is going bro,we wana dash u guys pogba don't pay a dime just dash.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 11, 2019
sexiestharam:
Lol. If not for his timely save at Stamford when they faced Frankfurt, Chelsea wouldn't be in the finals now. We need men like him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by ufuosman(m): 5:40pm On May 11, 2019
Good one
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by pat077: 5:55pm On May 11, 2019
Chelsea gat no choice........ Considering the transfer ban
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by fredoooooo: 5:56pm On May 11, 2019
What's all this tori olohun , I need to start preparing my mind in changing to another team... Luis till 2021 Baba nla heartache ni o angry
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:12pm On May 11, 2019
cool
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by bid4rich(m): 6:46pm On May 11, 2019
fredoooooo:
What's all this tori olohun , I need to start preparing my mind in changing to another team... Luis till 2021 Baba nla heartache ni o angry

Abeg join me in Nasarawa United jare. Ore mi atata cheesy

1 Like

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by anambraamaka: 7:03pm On May 11, 2019
Geezer
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by Bloggingscope: 7:12pm On May 11, 2019
Datazone:

Lol. If not for his timely save at Stamford when they faced Frankfurt, Chelsea wouldn't be in the finals now. We need men like him

Mind you, he caused the frankfurt second half goal

Dude was just looking at jovic

Luiz is too lazy nowadays and overconfidence is killing him.

Rudiger is the best defender in Chelsea right now if you don't know, without him our defence lone is zero!!!

I like Luiz courage though and he was very influential when we won the league in 2016/2017 and his loyalty to the club is much appreciated

3 Likes

Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by fredoooooo: 7:14pm On May 11, 2019
bid4rich:

Abeg join me in Nasarawa United jare. Ore mi atata cheesy
Wetin dem dey do for Nasarawa ? Up Sootin (Shooting stars ) nio abi Up Super (Stationary stores) cheesy grin
Re: David Luiz Signs New Chelsea Contract Until 2021 by RTSC: 7:15pm On May 11, 2019
We need everybody we can get. There is a ban coming.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Carabao Cup: Chelsea Into Final With Commanding Win Over Spurs / Steps To Making Money From 1960BET In Nigeria. A Must Read! / Gift Monday Scores A Brace As Tenerife Beats Atletico Madrid 2 - 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.