Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,703 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Please Help Me Answer This Physics Question - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help Me Answer This Physics Question (297 Views)

Can You Solve This Physics Question? / Help Solve This Physics Question / Physics Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me Answer This Physics Question by Ragnarr(m): 8:56am On May 12, 2019
When a body floats it means the upthrust is greater than the weight of the body acting downward i. e W<U.
But when the weight is greater than upthrust the body sinks i. e W>U.

Now here is the question..... When someone drowns, the body sinks down the sea then after a couple of days like four the body floats at the surface of the river. That means day 1 the body sinks, day 4 the body floats. Then What happens between day 1 and day 4 when the body is neither at the floor nor at the surface i. e W=U?

I don't know if my explanation is clear enough. Somebody should please help.
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Physics Question by kings59: 10:11am On May 12, 2019
It has to do with air in the lungs. If the air in the lungs doesn't escape, the corps will sink, but as the air escapes, it keeps the corps afloat.

Now when the body had sunk down the sea, air is still in the lungs and can only escape when the body starts decomposing.

When decomposition starts, the air can now escape and gases are released in the body, now as a result of the escape of air, the body will start rising back to the top and could be seen floating.

More reason you see people holding their breath while swimming and keeps releasing it little by little to keep afloat.

Back to the physics, there is no equation for this, just explanation.

" When enough gas has formed to inflate the tissues and distend the skin,the body becomes lighter than water, which makes the body rise to the surface."

No equation to represent the quote above.
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Physics Question by Ragnarr(m): 11:51am On May 12, 2019
Re: Please Help Me Answer This Physics Question by Ragnarr(m): 11:55am On May 12, 2019
kings59:
It has to do with air in the lungs. If the air in the lungs doesn't escape, the corps will sink, but as the air escapes, it keeps the corps afloat.

Now when the body had sunk down the sea, air is still in the lungs and can only escape when the body starts decomposing.

When decomposition starts, the air can now escape and gases are released in the body, now as a result of the escape of air, the body will start rising back to the top and could be seen floating.

More reason you see people holding their breath while swimming and keeps releasing it little by little to keep afloat.

Back to the physics[b]there is no equation for this[/b]Just explanation.

" When enough gas has formed to inflate the tissues and distend the skin,the body becomes lighter than water, which makes the body rise to the surface."

No equation to represent the quote above.
But the man demands a mathematical expression. It's an assignment please

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Your 2019/2020 Jamb Utme Score Online Using Just Your Reg. Number / Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (vanier CGS) 2019-2020 / Please Advise:i Got Scholarship I Couldn't Afford, Flight Ticket, 50% Tuition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.