Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b (1539 Views)

Can A Woman Who Runs Beer Parlor Business Still Be Faithful To Her Husband? / COVID-19 Loan By CBN And NIRSAL / My Bank Account Restricted Unjustly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 5:16pm On May 13, 2019
Hello house, I'm interested in setting up a beer parlor business. It has always been a dream & pleasure of mine to own one and I wanna start something small in either Lagos or Ibadan.

My intention is to start small but strong.

I'm a civil servant on a 150k/month income and just qualified for a loan of 500k payable over 12months with 1.75% interest rate/month.

I'll like to know your thoughts, counsel and advice on this business adventure of mine.

And pls no one should advice me to open a betting center, not interested.

Thanks everyone...

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by dawnomike(m): 5:41pm On May 13, 2019
It is a very lucrative business no matter how small it is... Ibadan is a very good location as you can get a good business location for a cheaper price than lagos.
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by waleyp(m): 5:42pm On May 13, 2019
Its A Good Business If You Run Am Well And PacKAGe Am WellA

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 5:52pm On May 13, 2019
dawnomike:
It is a very lucrative business no matter how small it is... Ibadan is a very good location as you can get a good business location for a cheaper price than lagos.

Okay but you haven't said anything yet about the capital I got for everything.

Will 500k get a small but banging place, ser up chairs, beers, freezer, logistics etc?

Thanks
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 5:52pm On May 13, 2019
waleyp:
Its A Good Business If You Run Am Well And PacKAGe Am WellA

Thanks...but shey 500k go do 4everything?
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:00pm On May 13, 2019
so, you is a guy grin grin

stay blessed, bro.

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by waleyp(m): 6:38pm On May 13, 2019
Well It DepeNDS On The Materials You Have On Ground, Try Make Some List Of What You Might Need And Try To Know Their Prices, Try Go To Different BarS As Case Study, 500K Can Start, But With Having That 500K At Hand Try HUSTLe 150 K SomeWhere You Might Later Need It, How Big Is The Place You Want To Use And Like How May People Can The Place OccuPY
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by agarawu23(m): 8:49pm On May 13, 2019
datigbogirl:

Thanks...but shey 500k go do 4everything?
i doubt it will. You will still rent shop o or u have a space already?

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by dawnomike(m): 10:49pm On May 13, 2019
datigbogirl:

Okay but you haven't said anything yet about the capital I got for everything.

Will 500k get a small but banging place, ser up chairs, beers, freezer, logistics etc?

Thanks
500k is enough for a start...
To start up, you've got to cut cost... E.g buy a fairly used refrigerators and chillers from Sabo rather than opting for a brand new one.

Try to rent a large space... part of how to make money in the business is to have Suya sellers, Asun makers, barbeque sellers rent part of the space to sell their stuffs and they pay you weekly for that between 10k-20k every week from each of them depending on how big your patronage gets to be.

With 100k, you can get all d drinks u need for a start

100k to 200k will sort the rent of the bar/year

Get a fairly used Tv from Sabo instead of a new one (60 - 70k will get you a 52 inches tv @sabo) as football viewing is important in an average bar

You need to install dstv or manage GoTv for a start

Chairs n tables - 4 tables and 2 dozens of chairs for a start.

I think i have tried.. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by waleyp(m): 10:33am On May 15, 2019
yes you have tried. but it depends on the location sha and i think he will need more than one tv, he might need two dstv decoders too, if he can show all the matches then people would be coming to the bar, yes he might need someone who cook as well, some would want to chill with food and drinks and how about generator na? power supply must be regular there, how about correct deck? some would want to listen to music as well........... na wetin me i think be that... and he wants to start up, he should do that cos the nations cup is fast approaching, he will need bar attendants maybe two for a start.. there must be toilet and water around.. lest i forget bars dey run short too... but i see you succeeding...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 11:08am On May 15, 2019
MrNipplesLover:
so, you is a guy grin grin

stay blessed, bro.

You don dey fantasize on my nipples ba?
Weyrey...

Contribute!!!
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 11:11am On May 15, 2019
waleyp:
Well It DepeNDS On The Materials You Have On Ground, Try Make Some List Of What You Might Need And Try To Know Their Prices, Try Go To Different BarS As Case Study, 500K Can Start, But With Having That 500K At Hand Try HUSTLe 150 K SomeWhere You Might Later Need It, How Big Is The Place You Want To Use And Like How May People Can The Place OccuPY

I just wanna start small, but strong. More like testing the waters in a solid way, and not just throwing 500k into the drain.

So are you saying 650k will do the trick?
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 11:12am On May 15, 2019
agarawu23:
i doubt it will. You will still rent shop o or u have a space already?

Hmmm, so can you outline a total estimate that will suffice?
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 11:16am On May 15, 2019
dawnomike:

500k is enough for a start...
To start up, you've got to cut cost... E.g buy a fairly used refrigerators and chillers from Sabo rather than opting for a brand new one.

Try to rent a large space... part of how to make money in the business is to have Suya sellers, Asun makers, barbeque sellers rent part of the space to sell their stuffs and they pay you weekly for that between 10k-20k every week from each of them depending on how big your patronage gets to be.

With 100k, you can get all d drinks u need for a start

100k to 200k will sort the rent of the bar/year

Get a fairly used Tv from Sabo instead of a new one (60 - 70k will get you a 52 inches tv @sabo) as football viewing is important in an average bar

You need to install dstv or manage GoTv for a start

Chairs n tables - 4 tables and 2 dozens of chairs for a start.

I think i have tried.. grin

You have more than tried broda. So how much do you think the chairs and tables will go for? I mean the solid tokunbo ones...
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 11:18am On May 15, 2019
waleyp:
yes you have tried. but it depends on the location sha and i think he will need more than one tv, he might need two dstv decoders too, if he can show all the matches then people would be coming to the bar, yes he might need someone who cook as well, some would want to chill with food and drinks and how about generator na? power supply must be regular there, how about correct deck? some would want to listen to music as well........... na wetin me i think be that... and he wants to start up, he should do that cos the nations cup is fast approaching, he will need bar attendants maybe two for a start.. there must be toilet and water around.. lest i forget bars dey run short too... but i see you succeeding...

Thanks for your candid opinion bro, but pls can you expansiate on bars running short too? I know every business fails but I dont intend failing tho, much more bar business is something I expect to always bring profit as people must shack, just as dey much wack....
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:16pm On May 15, 2019
datigbogirl:

You don dey fantasize on my nipples ba?
Weyrey...

Contribute!!!

grin grin grin

funny dude.

I actually made a contribution. but, when I see say u no be woman, I felt u wouldn't need my contribution. so, I deleted it.

enjoy, bro.
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 12:33pm On May 15, 2019
MrNipplesLover:

grin grin grin

funny dude.

I actually made a contribution. but, when I see say u no be woman, I felt u wouldn't need my contribution. so, I deleted it.

enjoy, bro.

Mad man...
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by Originalsly: 1:07pm On May 15, 2019
Bro/Sis..... you want to get in to bar business.... always been your dream.... but it seems you have done absolutely no footwork. What have you found out on your own?...what research have you done?... you're asking us online about costs...do we know the cost of living in the area you want to set up the bar? If you don't want to lose out.... straight up... it is better you return the money. You are not ready for business.... bar or any other business.

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 1:22pm On May 15, 2019
Originalsly:
Bro/Sis..... you want to get in to bar business.... always been your dream.... but it seems you have done absolutely no footwork. What have you found out on your own?...what research have you done?... you're asking us online about costs...do we know the cost of living in the area you want to set up the bar? If you don't want to lose out.... straight up... it is better you return the money. You are not ready for business.... bar or any other business.

And who told you I've not been in the streets seeking counsel as well? Or has it become a crime adding online info to the ones I get on the streets?

If you have no advice pls shut up and stop trying to discourage people's prosperity just for uncashable & useless likes.

This is d reason people like you never prosper in life and start doing "begi-begi" upandan....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:22pm On May 15, 2019
datigbogirl:

Mad man...

grin grin

grin
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by waleyp(m): 8:52pm On May 15, 2019
well I can’t categorically say how they fall short, but I have heard it before sha, but if you got a good plan then you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by LKO(m): 9:51pm On May 15, 2019
datigbogirl:

Thanks for your candid opinion bro, but pls can you expansiate on bars running short too? I know every business fails but I dont intend failing tho, much more bar business is something I expect to always bring profit as people must shack, just as dey much wack....

He meant short time. A small room in your bar premises where some guys can quickly bleep a girl after drinking.
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 4:59am On May 16, 2019
LKO:

He meant short time. A small room in your bar premises where some guys can quickly bleep a girl after drinking.

Choi! Abeg I no wan do dah one...
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by akaynezi: 1:58pm On May 16, 2019
datigbogirl:
Hello house, I'm interested in setting up a beer parlor business. It has always been a dream & pleasure of mine to own one and I wanna start something small in either Lagos or Ibadan.

My intention is to start small but strong.

I'm a civil servant on a 150k/month income and just qualified for a loan of 500k payable over 12months with 1.75% interest rate/month.

I'll like to know your thoughts, counsel and advice on this business adventure of mine.

And pls no one should advice me to open a betting center, not interested.

Thanks everyone...
Big thanks to gtb.

1 Like

Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 2:01pm On May 16, 2019
akaynezi:

Big thanks to gtb.

Nope it's First Bank actually, big ups to them...
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by waleyp(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2019
so whats the latest about your bear parlor business
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by datigbogirl: 8:06pm On May 31, 2019
waleyp:
so whats the latest about your bear parlor business

Think I'm gonna put the idea on hold for now, till I settle back in Lagos. Too many dishonest people in this Nigeria for me to give a business to handle for me abeg...
Re: Just Got Qualified For A 500k Loan By My Bank and need advice on a beer parlor b by waleyp(m): 8:53pm On May 31, 2019
It’s better that way , you can’t just trust anyone just fix the money in the bank sha , take care

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make N100k/month As A CBN/SANEF Agent In POS Business: / Verified Wise Account Needed, Paying 25000 / Learning Forex Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.