Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,056 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Kevin Onyema, 60 Others Get Community Service Award From Aguata - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Kevin Onyema, 60 Others Get Community Service Award From Aguata (253 Views)

Senator Ifeanyi Ubah, Etom, Others Receive Meritorious Service Award. / Aks Gov Udom Bags Intergrity And National Service Award 2017 / Dana Air Bags 4th Nigerian Customer Service Award…opens New Outlet At Silverbir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kevin Onyema, 60 Others Get Community Service Award From Aguata by Spiritscience(m): 5:38pm On May 13, 2019
To mark 43rd years of its creation, the 14 communities that make up Aguata local government area, Saturday, May 11, 2019, rolled out their drums at the council secretariat in Ekwulobia to celebrate 60 sons and daughters as well as friends, who have contributed significantly in the socio-economic development of the area; and, as well, distinguished themselves in their various fields of endeavour.
Prominent among them was Chief Kevin Onyema who was decorated for his entrepreneurial exploits and community service.

In his opening remarks, the chairman of the organizing committee, who is also a former Transition Committee chairman of Aguata LGA, Chief Titus Anigbogu, said that the celebration, which has become an annual event, was initiated by the council to reinforce positive impact, hard work and excellence in service.

He said that members of the various communities were allowed to nominate those deserving of the awards in their various communities in order to ensure transparency.
He stated that the awards were divided into such categories as Entrepreneurial and Community Service Awards, Humanitarian and Community Service Awards, as well as Excellence in Business and Humanitarian Awards, adding that the intention was to motivate sons and daughters of the local government to imbibe virtures of community service, hard work and excellence.

“Today, we mark the founding of Aguata local government area, which was created in 1976. We thought it wise that the best way to do this is to recognise indigenes and friends alike, who have contributed creditably in the development of the area. While we initiated this exercise, we gave it to the communities to choose from within their various communities those deserving of the award in order to ensure that the awardees are nominated based on unanimous decision of the communities,” he said.

Anagbogu added that the council is working towards institutionalising the date as its founder’s day, so as to ensure continuity.
Chief among the 60 award recipients include Governor Willie Obiano and his wife, Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano, who were honoured with humanitarian service award for their various contributions in community development.

In his acceptance speech, Governor Willie Obiano, who was represented by the chairman, Local Government Service Commission (LGSC), Sir Peter Egenti, described the event as a laudable exercise. He described Aguata LGA as a great council with many notable sons and daughters. He also thanked the council for recognising him and his wife. He also reiterated his administration’s resolve to continue encouraging rapid development in the state by improving on its security apparatus; adding that plans are underway to install CCTV cameras across the state.
Egenti, who was also recognised as the best chairman of local government service commission the state has ever had, lauded Aguata Transition chairman, Hon. Ezeibe, who he said, has been invaluable to him in his effort to transform the state’s local government system.
Chief Kevin Onyema, one of the award recipients, who was honoured with “Award of Excellence in Community Development,” appreciated the local government council for the recognition. Onyema, an industrialist, noted that the gesture would spur him to do more in community service and job creation.
“I am highly elated at this recognition, and I am resolved to continue to contribute positively in the development of my community. Though I am an international businessman, yet, my heart is always at home, thinking of how best to contribute to the development of my town and Anambra in general,” he said.
Another award recipient, Air Vice Marshal Chukwuma Mojekwu, Rtd., from Aguluezechukwu, thanked the council for honouring him. He encouraged youths at the area to imbibe good characters and eschew vices.
Speaking on behalf of traditional rulers of the council area, the traditional ruler of Ezinifite-Aguata, HRH Igwe Chukwuma Bob Orji, lauded the exercise, and said it had the support of traditional rulers of the area.
Colourful displays by various cultural dance groups, and many other side attractions added glamour to the event.

Source: https://orientdailynews.com.ng/geopolis/anambra/aguata-honours-obiano-onyema-others/

Re: Kevin Onyema, 60 Others Get Community Service Award From Aguata by Ezeibe(m): 2:39pm On May 19, 2019
Spiritscience:

To mark 43rd years of its creation, the 14 communities that make up Aguata local government area, Saturday, May 11, 2019, rolled out their drums at the council secretariat in Ekwulobia to celebrate 60 sons and daughters as well as friends, who have contributed significantly in the socio-economic development of the area; and, as well, distinguished themselves in their various fields of endeavour.
Prominent among them was Chief Kevin Onyema who was decorated for his entrepreneurial exploits and community service.

In his opening remarks, the chairman of the organizing committee, who is also a former Transition Committee chairman of Aguata LGA, Chief Titus Anigbogu, said that the celebration, which has become an annual event, was initiated by the council to reinforce positive impact, hard work and excellence in service.

He said that members of the various communities were allowed to nominate those deserving of the awards in their various communities in order to ensure transparency.
He stated that the awards were divided into such categories as Entrepreneurial and Community Service Awards, Humanitarian and Community Service Awards, as well as Excellence in Business and Humanitarian Awards, adding that the intention was to motivate sons and daughters of the local government to imbibe virtures of community service, hard work and excellence.

“Today, we mark the founding of Aguata local government area, which was created in 1976. We thought it wise that the best way to do this is to recognise indigenes and friends alike, who have contributed creditably in the development of the area. While we initiated this exercise, we gave it to the communities to choose from within their various communities those deserving of the award in order to ensure that the awardees are nominated based on unanimous decision of the communities,” he said.

Anagbogu added that the council is working towards institutionalising the date as its founder’s day, so as to ensure continuity.
Chief among the 60 award recipients include Governor Willie Obiano and his wife, Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano, who were honoured with humanitarian service award for their various contributions in community development.

In his acceptance speech, Governor Willie Obiano, who was represented by the chairman, Local Government Service Commission (LGSC), Sir Peter Egenti, described the event as a laudable exercise. He described Aguata LGA as a great council with many notable sons and daughters. He also thanked the council for recognising him and his wife. He also reiterated his administration’s resolve to continue encouraging rapid development in the state by improving on its security apparatus; adding that plans are underway to install CCTV cameras across the state.
Egenti, who was also recognised as the best chairman of local government service commission the state has ever had, lauded Aguata Transition chairman, Hon. Ezeibe, who he said, has been invaluable to him in his effort to transform the state’s local government system.
Chief Kevin Onyema, one of the award recipients, who was honoured with “Award of Excellence in Community Development,” appreciated the local government council for the recognition. Onyema, an industrialist, noted that the gesture would spur him to do more in community service and job creation.
“I am highly elated at this recognition, and I am resolved to continue to contribute positively in the development of my community. Though I am an international businessman, yet, my heart is always at home, thinking of how best to contribute to the development of my town and Anambra in general,” he said.
Another award recipient, Air Vice Marshal Chukwuma Mojekwu, Rtd., from Aguluezechukwu, thanked the council for honouring him. He encouraged youths at the area to imbibe good characters and eschew vices.
Speaking on behalf of traditional rulers of the council area, the traditional ruler of Ezinifite-Aguata, HRH Igwe Chukwuma Bob Orji, lauded the exercise, and said it had the support of traditional rulers of the area.
Colourful displays by various cultural dance groups, and many other side attractions added glamour to the event.

Source: https://orientdailynews.com.ng/geopolis/anambra/aguata-honours-obiano-onyema-others/

wonderful

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Loan Of #500,000 To Boost My Farm. / Game Of Thrones / Indian PM Spent Time With His Mother And Sought Her Blessings. (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.