Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,046 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1050175 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ussyberry(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
PwityMiwa:
Hello All,

Please i asked my former place of work for Reference letter in IRCC standard but they said they will only give me an introduction letter.

Abeg what should i do?

Submit the introduction letter with pay slips for the last six months, your employment letter, confirmation letter and any promotion or transfer letters in a single pdf.

then mention this in your letter of explanation LOE

also they didnt say its a must for it to be your HR that writes the letter. your immediate supervisor can also
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Ussyberry(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2019
Please if you are using NYSC as one of your work experience, what job role should one use?

i ask because the workplace did now specify a job role but more than one referenced NYSC

Is YOUTH CORPER a suitable job title
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by December30(f): 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
wow!!!! this is good news. Congratulations to you and your family
kkmny81:
And its PPR...................
After exactly 13 months of harrowing wait. The PPR is here...
I will be back to tell the story ...

For those who have any doubts about Pension used as POF. Pension is accepted, I used my Pension for 100% POF for family of 6

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PwityMiwa: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ussyberry:

Thank you, but i left there since 2016 and was not giving pay slips though i will write them a mail to see of they can give me payslips.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Snowflake27: 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hi Everyone,
i just got a user id so that i can comment. I got my ITA in June, however i only just submitted this past weekend. I would like to meet anyone who is also i the same stage as me as well as of course answer any questions that any one has regarding the process

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by YETI28: 12:24pm On Aug 23, 2019
Influential101:
I think you've done the right thing by sending your Affidavit and marriage cert to them.. I will suggest you get their response first and then know how to proceed or someone who has been through it here can respond..

You can also send your newspaper publication to them too...all the best
OK thnks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by December30(f): 12:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Thank you Ladymarshall, you are best.....your PPR announcement is next by the special grace of God. Thank you for always wanting to help. you are appreciated...
ladymarshall:
Yes. Old Work place: Reference letter + bank statement highlighting the deposits
New workplace: Reference letter + payslips (employment is extra, add it if you like)

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Debsify: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
kkmny81:
And its PPR...................
After exactly 13 months of harrowing wait. The PPR is here...
I will be back to tell the story ...

For those who have any doubts about Pension used as POF. Pension is accepted, I used my Pension for 100% POF for family of 6
Congrats to you and your family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbelieve: 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2019
Nwachinemelu226:
Hello Everyone,

I am post ITA and I have a question- I do not currently live in Nigeria with my family, we have been out of the country for about 4 years now. Last time we came home was for about a month in 2018. As regards the police certificate we got from Nigeria, it states that it is only valid for three months and as a result, it expires on the 30th of this month. I am submitting my application soon by the Grace of God, but am just confused as to if I should just go ahead and submit or do a new one. Although the Immigration's website states if you have not been in the country for the past 6 months then this might not matter but you might still be asked to provide a new one. I just wanted to ask my Nairaland family what they advise.

Thank you as you help!
Even if its states three months. For the purpose of cic immigration its valid for 1 year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 12:51pm On Aug 23, 2019
trendy09:

Scandinavian,chicyclass,yemblaze,iaatmguy,Topsmamen,ladymarshall.everyone.....Im still overwhelmed....God just gave me d biggest August visitor....Alhamdullilah...I almost got tired of waiting but God has other plans....Thank u guys for keeping me in mind....ITA on d way....congratulations to us all
Congrats o. So happy for you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ussyberry:
Please if you are using NYSC as one of your work experience, what job role should one use?

i ask because the workplace did now specify a job role but more than one referenced NYSC

What did you do during youth service? It also has to correspond with the NOC code you have chosen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jennypharb1: 12:55pm On Aug 23, 2019
yemblaze:
A very massive CONGRATULATIONS to you...finally the wait is over. So happy for you. I pray you find favour in your new home.

Amen, thanks a lot dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 12:58pm On Aug 23, 2019
PwityMiwa:
Hello All,

Please i asked my former place of work for Reference letter in IRCC standard but they said they will only give me an introduction letter.

Abeg what should i do?

Is this request documented? Would be good if you have written evidence of the response from them so you attach as well.

If not, use the introduction letter as it is and back it up with other documents such as your employment letter, an LOE to (1. Display your work details that may not be written on the introduction letter and 2. Explain why you're submitting an introduction letter). Also include bank statements/payslips, ID/complimentary cards etc.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Omega30(m): 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
ladymarshall:
Yes. Old Work place: Reference letter + bank statement highlighting the deposits
New workplace: Reference letter + payslips (employment is extra, add it if you like)

@ ladymarshal, please what if the person is paid in cash?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2019
ladymarshall:
Hold on tight bro. It's coming soon. You're not alone
Thanks dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yemblaze(f): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Page 1

ladymarshall:
Sure. First of all, Ralph and minister are only intermediaries. They can inquire on our application for information purposes but they can't influence CIC decisions or teach CIC to do their jobs. It's not like Nigeria where politicians can dictate to civil servants as they like. In cases of rejection, the VO, CIO and the court are your best resorts. Note that when your case is reopened, it is the same VO who would re-review your case. If you are still not satisfied and you take it to court, the case will be you versus the VO. In other words, the VO is most powerful at this point.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Vicolak: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
Congrats, to God be the glory
Expresso17:
Appreciation:To everyone who has contributed to making this thread a very useful one, thank you. I decided to do this first because I owe about 90% of all I did to this forum. I am grateful to you all for the wealth of information here.

Decision to migrate – July 2018

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Topsmamen: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
Omega30:
@ ladymarshal, please what if the person is paid in cash?

1. Indicate on your reference letter that you were paid in cash. There are PPR stories of people paid in cash on Page 1.
2. Get a cash salary certificate from your employer. A sample of this can also be found on Page 1.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by johnnybravo1990: 1:15pm On Aug 23, 2019
Jennypharb1:

I apologize for the long story, I sort of started keeping a diary in my PPR story to clear my head during the wait.

Timeline
IELTS 12th May 2018 – L 8.5 R 8.0 W 7.5 S 8.0
ECA 24th August 2018 – Master’s Degree equivalent (WES)
Work experience - Less than 3years
ITA – 5th September 2018
CRS – 456
eAPR – 8th October 2018
AOR – 8th October 2018
MEP – 7th November 2018
BIL – 7th November 2018 (Biometrics enrolled 8th November)
IP1 - I dunno
IP2 – 26th July 2019
Remedicals - 1st August 2019
Amaka dissapoint me PPR - March 6 2019 (Got a Ghost update that neither brought me PPR nor moved me to ip2.
Ghost update that did not do the forerunner work is that one legit ghost update?
Actual PPR - 8th August 2019 (10 months post AOR)

Congrats. Stories like this help people like us who are 5 months post-AOR calm our nerves. Las las, everybody go get PPR.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbelieve: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2019
Snowflake27:
Hi Everyone,
i just got a user id so that i can comment. I got my ITA in June, however i only just submitted this past weekend. I would like to meet anyone who is also i the same stage as me as well as of course answer any questions that any one has regarding the process
Ask to join your AOR month ie month you submitted watsapp group.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hello everyone ; a lovely afternoon to you all... please I’ve serached thoroughly and can’t find either IME number or the forms... any pointers please. Pleaseeee
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Arosam(m): 2:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
When is the necessary time to get Reference Letter ready
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 23, 2019
mmaryam:
Yes it is

Pele - just hang in there.
They seem to be treating backlogs from 2018, so I'm hoping you get a remedical request before end of August.

The sad part is that in less than a month, the call centre will no longer be taking any calls again - they are switching to voicemails.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Transformium: 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2019

God has indeed been awesome!
It’s PPR Version 2.0
Click here to view PPR Version 1.0 Script

TIMELINE SUMMARY

COPR : 17 June 2019

Informed CIC about Marriage : 1st July 2019

Response Mail + ADR (Return COPR for Cancellation) : 4th July 2019

Response Mail + ADR (Spousal Application Kit) : 12th July 2019

Spouse Medicals (Qlife) : 30th July 2019

Spouse PCC (Alagbon) : 30th July 2019

Submitted (Spousal Application Kit, Returned COPR, Paid Processing Fees, RPRF & Biometrics) : 1st August 2019

BIL : 5 August 2019

Spouse Medicals – Additional X-Ray Scans (Qlife) : 6 August 2019

Ghost Update : 6 August 2019

Biometrics Completed : 6 August 2019

MEP : 9 August 2019

PPR Version 2.0 : 21 August 2019

Spousal Application Submission to PPR Version 2.0 : 20 Days

VO : AVO

Family Size : 2

Request Letters
I notified CIC of the change in my marital status on July 1st via mail sent directly to the Accra office (ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca). I received a request letter in three days with the following requests;

1. Client Information: Pay the 30$ re-issue visa fee

2. Schedule A: A separate and newly completed Schedule A Background Declaration form (IMM 5669) bearing an original signature For applicant and spouse

3. Additional Family Info IMM5406: A separate and newly completed Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) bearing original signatures for applicant and spouse

4. Client Information: Spousal Application Kit

5. Client Information: Processing fee and RPRF fee for spouse

6. Client Information: Return Passport and Confirmation of Permanent Residence

I tweeted at the IRCC handle to enquire about the Spousal Application Kit but was directed to ask the office who requested it. So I mailed AVO again and received another request letter with the following requests;

1. Processing fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF), and Biometric fee for your spouse or CLP

2. A recent photograph of your spouse or common-law partner (CLP)

3. Forms
• Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
• Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
• A completed and signed by your spouse or common-law partner (CLP) Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669;
• Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or common-law partner (CLP);
• If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union.

4. Documents
• Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport;
• If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate;
• If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate.

5. Police Certificate

6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
• Relationship photos: Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max);
• If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max).

8. Medical certificate

List of Documents Submitted

1. Proof of Funds Update: Printed Six Months Statement and included a gift deed. The gift was paid into a different account so I only printed one month statement for that. Also note I used the gift deed sample available on page 1. I didn’t notarize it.

2. Passport Data Page (Spouse)

3. Marriage Certificate

4. Church Blessing Certificate

5. Digital Passport

6. Spouse Birth Certificate (Although not requested)

7. Sworn Affidavit for Change of Name for Spouse (Although not requested)

8. Newspaper Publication for Change of Name (Although not requested)

9. Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 (Only one copy completed as it contains the part to be filled by spouse)

10. Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 (Two separate copies completed)

11. Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669 (Two separate copies completed)

12. Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E (Only one copy completed)

13. Nigeria Police Certificate (Spouse)

14. E-Medicals Form (Spouse)

15. Principal Applicant Assessment Questionnaire Answers

16. Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire Answers (I ensured spouse completed this in her own words without spying on mine to ensure a little bit of difference in the narration.)

17. Evidence of Relationship

Submission Strategy
So I took time to read a couple of PPR scripts and realized how most people had to compress a lot of pages making their PDF difficult to read. Most got ADR’s requesting re-submission of certain documents.

So I decided to split my submission into two separate PDF’s and I created a Table of Content for both.

Schedule A and Additional Family Info had place holders in my CIC profile so I uploaded them directly.

The third place holder on my profile was named “Spousal Application Kit” so I uploaded one of my Merged PDF’s on it and named it “Spousal Application Kit – Part 1”.

On the Table of Contents for “Spousal Application Kit – Part 1”, I added a segment at the bottom stating that “Spousal Application Kit – Part 2” was sent via the AVO Webform and I listed all the documents I included in it.

Appreciation
Once again I would like to appreciate everyone who has contributed on the Express Entry Threads and to those who also take time to type out their PPR scripts. You are all the true definitions of super stars.

Special Appreciation to Eddy4400 for your help in answering some of my questions. I wish you and your spouse a speedy PPR Version 2. I’m looking forward to reading your script soon IJN.

To everyone who is still at one stage or the other, keep pushing, keep praying and keep believing. You shall be celebrated soon. God bless you all.

67 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Rence22(f): 3:05pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ussyberry:

There's nothing like Youth Corper instead-Nigerian Youth Corps Members for the year..... Batch..... Makes your description very easy to understand.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Iphiegrace(f): 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2019
Please I wanted to know what is required from your spouse if he is not going with you to Canada, anybody with helpful ideas? Please I need help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Op80: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2019
Alliance01:
thank you for sharing

Please oh, I want to ask. Does it mean that if one is above 35years old, the person is no longer eligible to apply for Canada express? How about age 36-37?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Scandinavian02: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2019
Sashafiercediva:

Its a Sterling bank money market certificate not stanbic.

I used Sterling Bank money market to oooooooooooo.

Haba!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Jbaby09: 3:43pm On Aug 23, 2019
Hello everyone ; a lovely afternoon to you all... please I’ve serached thoroughly and can’t find either IME number or the forms... any pointers please. Pleaseeee.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by fruitybranch007: 3:45pm On Aug 23, 2019
Yes, I suggest that you notorize your letter of explanation. That was what we did, and we submitted the letters as the 'legal name change document' as we had no other way of proving this. Notarizing a document is supposed to show that the information on it is true, and you can be prosecuted if found wanting. And yes, the letters were accepted, and we received our PPR shortly after. Waiting for COPR.

Doziebest:

Okay so do you suggest that the letter of expression that i would write should be notarized... just to avoid that ADR this is basically date of birth.. meanwhile i have had a canadaian visa issued in the past and Us visa which had my actual date of birth

Also has your ADR gone through?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Anikulapu: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2019
@ladymarshall please what does RR. on stat question means on the GCMS notes. And what do I do about it ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Stencil: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2019
Getting a Nigerian Police certificate is a simple and inexpensive process.
You could maybe send a friend or family member to get another one for you guys since you are worried about the timeline.

Nwachinemelu226:
Hello Everyone,

I am post ITA and I have a question- I do not currently live in Nigeria with my family, we have been out of the country for about 4 years now. Last time we came home was for about a month in 2018. As regards the police certificate we got from Nigeria, it states that it is only valid for three months and as a result, it expires on the 30th of this month. I am submitting my application soon by the Grace of God, but am just confused as to if I should just go ahead and submit or do a new one. Although the Immigration's website states if you have not been in the country for the past 6 months then this might not matter but you might still be asked to provide a new one. I just wanted to ask my Nairaland family what they advise.

Thank you as you help!

(1) (2) (3) ... (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) ... (693)

Usa Visit Visa / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.