Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,366 members, 7,861,009 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 - Travel (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 (1083228 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (693) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 2:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
AOR March 9.
6 months passed.
Sent a message to Ottawa, raised CSE and mailed Ralph.
Only the message to Ottawa was responded to, saying our application is on the queue, and they can't provide any other information.

This stage, is the real test.
May God help us all

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
I enjoyed every bit of your story. I can relate. The way IELTS was swift for me, and when I saw that VO was Ottawa, I was just happy that everything will be done in a maximum of 3 months.... It's been over 6 months now, still waiting.
We must learn this patience by force, most importantly, to trust more in God.

Congratulations on your PPR. Can't wait to be like you soon

Torkwase1:
PPR IS HERE!!!

LONG, LONG PPR GIST.

This journey started in February 2018. A friend who's in Canada introduced Express Entry to me, tried to convince me to give it a try. He sent me the NOC and WES links. I had always toyed with the idea of leaving Nigeria, but I wasn't really ready, so I didn't do anything immediately.
A few days later, I heard one of our colleagues would soon leave with her family to Canada. I said ehn, is it that serious? Then a close friend from Uni left. I started giving EE a serious thought then.

My friend in Canada introduced me to an immigration lawyer that she used, Abrams and Kroschak. Then, I didn't know I could do it myself. That's how I sent 500 dollars to the agency as deposit. Well, they sent me an initial package of ducuments to fill, which I will pay another 1000 dollars before submission, apart from other payments o. Hey God. I don't have this type of money o.

NAIRALAND TO THE RESCUE
By a stroke of luck and grace, I stumbled upon the nairaland EE thread. I read several chapters, page by page, and watched YouTube Videos.
Then I realized, babe, people are doing this thing themselves o. I sent a mail to the Agent that I'm no longer doing. That's how I lost 500 dollars.

At this time, I had already sent documents for WES evaluation, and in my ignorance, I evaluated both 1st and Masters degree. See ehn, ignorance is costly.
By the time I met Nairaland EE thread, I had many regrets, and was eager to learn as much as possible.

IELTS:
I didn't practice much for IELTS, never had time and just felt I could handle it. A few days to my test, a friend called and asked me how many tests I've practiced. I said about 6 or 7. He scolded me, said I should have practiced way more than that. I got scared, and tried to squeeze in 3 more tests before the test day. I wrote my test in pencil, answers all in capital letters except for Writing. Thank God it came out great.
L- 9
R- 8.5
S- 8
W- 7. 5

First ITA: AUGUST 22.
My score was 476. I had to decline this ITA after some weeks cos I couldn't complete my POF. Was to sell off a plot of land, the person who wanted to buy it couldn't pay in time.

MEDICALS:
IOM Abuja, pretty straight forward

Second ITA:
November 27. Land sold, money paid, everything was ready.

POF:
I did a fixed deposit in Fidelity Bank, uploaded FD certificates and added their generic reference letter. I had money in two other accounts, for which I presented statement of results.

AOR: December 11, 2018

VO: Ottawa. I was so happy that my file wasn't going to Accra. My processing will be sharp sharp. Hahahaa!! Ottawa had other plans as I would soon see.

MEP/BIL: January 24

THEN THE WAITING BEGAN.
I had joined a post-ITA Telegram group. People started receiving PPR, COPR, and giving landing gist. We were always excited to get the news. I was calm, my time would come soon. If only I knew what CIC had in store. Those with AOR's in the same period as me started getting their PPRs too, I was still stuck in MEP. When I clocked 6 MONTHS in June , I called CIC help centre. They put me on the usual long hold. I didn't know I didn't have enough credit, when the agent said "Your waiting time is 2 minutes", MTN told me, your call credit has been exhausted!!! I Wan cry! Next day, I loaded anough credit, and called again. They said they will check my file,
. Another month passed, no show. This time, I was about the only one in the group who didn't have PPR. Kudos to my members, who tried always to cheer me up.
7, 8 months post PPR, I applied for GCMS notes. When they later arrived, everything was fine, no problem anywhere.

SECOND MEDICALS
One day, I was with a friend and got an update on my account. We were both excited, thinking PPR had arrived. I opened it to see, MEDICALS! My first test had expired. I broke down in tears that day. I was tired. At that point, I just wanted CIC to say they declined my application, so I'll kukuma stay in Nigeria. Which kain delay be this?
Went to IOM, booked an appointment for September 3. Luckily, I was able to get an earlier date after going back to plead with them 'cos I had a trip coming up.

PPR- SEPTEMBER 4, 12:15 AM
I was on night duty in the office, when I saw the mail. I wasn't even thinking of CIC again at this point. Lo and behold, READY FOR VISA!!! I screamed, my body started twisting in crazy dance MOVES, I burst out singing "Halleluya Ogo Ni Fun Baba" off key. My colleagues were worried. What is it, what is it, I couldn't talk. At least not yet. They said, come back and focus on your work, I continued my solo singing. If only you know I'll soon leave you guys with this work!!!
Even though I did night and closed by 7am, by 10 I was out to submit my Passport at Silverbird.

MY MUM:
Initially my mother didn't want me to go. Her worry was, I'm not married yet, it will not be good, I may not get a husband in Canada. Well, what if I stay back and still don't get married in Nigeria? Let me not lose both ways. So I insisted, we prayed, and she's finally cool. But I know at the back of her mind, she still worries.

LESSONS
This journey taught be patience. Ha! I had a swift IELTS, I thought everything will be like that. For where. I learnt to accept that there are things I can't control, and I should just let them materialize at their time.
I started coaching a few people in IELTS writing and speaking. It's been a bit inconvenient, cos of my work and travel schedule, but it helped take my mind off the wait, and made me feel useful to other people.
Now that the Golden Mail is finally here, I am excited to start this new phase of my life.
Thank you Nairalanders, this group is a gem. And to imagine it is free. God bless you all. It ended in praise for me, it will for all who are waiting too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ok. I get you. I just felt that your posts assumed people were forging employment just because they were paid by cash, which is wrong. Some people forge employment and ask employers to deposit into their bank account without working a single day at the company. Forgery can go both ways and even bank statements can't stop it. That is why VOs conduct BG checks at their discretion. I was also wondering why you wondered why employers pay their workers in cash when neither you nor I are the employers. We have no control over that. People post-AOR come here to read up and calm their minds so when you make such assumptions wiithout proof, it triggers applicants like me who were paid by cash and are awaiting PPR. Let's be careful of our choice of words so it doesn't cause unnecessary panic.

My comments were nothing personal to you both. I especially appreciate Tina26 helpful responses to questions. Peace. And speedy PPR to us.

Prettiepearlz:

I am not sure you read from the beginning before quoting me undecided, Sometimes we need to understand the dynamics of the conversation before making insinuations Lady. We were talking about fraudulent people blocking ways for genuine people because the lady in question said she called a cic agent and the guy was yarning opata that she can’t use it blah blah blah. I am not sure anyone is advocating for it to be stopped, neither did you see it in my post that I am clamoring for an end to cash payment reference letter undecided, I only responded to Tina26 when she quoted my response (which i wondered why) to the lady who felt she couldn't use her job because she was paid in cash to the link with people who got PPR with cash payment reference letter. And I wondered why employees pay their workers in cash, you need not respond because it can also be seen as a rhetorical question that doesn't need response or choose to explain why they do in case the good Lord touched your heart to respond and not being overly defensive and making unnecessary insinuations. I don't appreciate that Lady and I haven’t said PPR shouldn’t be given to such people after all they have the experience. Peace

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by yodiyokun(f): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please I need anyone that can offer insight on how best to proceed.

Early this morning we received an email for medical for my mum. She applied for PR on the Parent Sponsorship class. The medical form said she has 30 days to complete medical.

Today also, we received another email saying her VISA is ready and she should send her passport, medical results and police certificate within 15 days from today.

We have been calling all the two clinics that do the medical and also emailed a request for an appointment but the VI one says they are only booking in October. IOM is yet to respond, although I just sent the email like an hour ago.

Please my people, my mama want come Canada ooo and its like she won the lottery, please how can we get a medical appointment with 1- 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

Is it normal to receive request for VISA and medical the same day. I did my immigration over a decade ago so I don't know the current system.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2019
Awww! Sis! So happy for you. Congratulations. You waited a whole one year! Please take this patience award

I wish you the best in Canada

mmaryam:

Finally got it Sept 9....Aor Sept 20. No issues no ADR. Just abandoned . But I'm glad it ended well

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Ask in the sister thread, I'm sure there are Nigerian-Canadians who have gone through this process and are more experienced to advise you.

https://www.nairaland.com/4933819/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/207

yodiyokun:

Early this morning we received an email for medical for my mum. She applied for PR on the Parent Sponsorship class. The medical form said she has 30 days to complete medical.

Today also, we received another email saying her VISA is ready and she should send her passport, medical results and police certificate within 15 days from today.

We have been calling all the two clinics that do the medical and also emailed a request for an appointment but the VI one says they are only booking in October. IOM is yet to respond, although I just sent the email like an hour ago.

Please my people, my mama want come Canada ooo and its like she won the lottery, please how can we get a medical appointment with 1- 2 weeks. Any suggestions?

Is it normal to receive request for VISA and medical the same day. I did my immigration over a decade ago so I don't know the current system.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by RegalB(f): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2019
If you did not do so previously, you can try forwarding the 'Ready for Visa' email to both clinics with an explanation of the urgency and also follow up with calls. That should work, hopefully.

All the best.

yodiyokun:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2019
It's coming! I can smell it so close. Start typing your PPR story. Stay hopeful
Bogini:
I enjoyed every bit of your story. I can relate. The way IELTS was swift for me, and when I saw that VO was Ottawa, I was just happy that everything will be done in a maximum of 3 months.... It's been over 6 months now, still waiting.
We must learn this patience by force, most importantly, to trust more in God.

Congratulations on your PPR. Can't wait to be like you soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Have you raise gcms? If no, do that. The wait is not easy but what can we do? Stay hopeful
Bogini:
AOR March 9.
6 months passed.
Only the message to Ottawa was responded to, saying our application is on the queue, and they can't provide any other information.

May God help us all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by RegalB(f): 2:54pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please is there any way of ascertaining visa offices (AVO, OVO...) from 'Ready for Visa' (PPR) emails?

Your response will be very much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 2:55pm On Sep 12, 2019
Email Ralph or raise CSE

RegalB:
Please is there any way of ascertaining visa offices (AVO, OVO...) from 'Ready for Visa' (PPR) emails?

Your response will be very much appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by RegalB(f): 2:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
Okay...Many thanks.

ladymarshall:
Email Ralph or raise CSE

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by ladymarshall: 3:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
Replied

Icecreamy:
Hello ladymarshall, please I need your help kindly respond. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 3:09pm On Sep 12, 2019
You're right it is, a pointer to the rest of us who have more recent AOR dates. undecided Your PPR will soon land, fingers crossed!
The last part of the response from Ottawa, @bolded is funny though grin: "We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

Bogini:
AOR March 9.
6 months passed.

May God help us all

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Remicynt(f): 3:25pm On Sep 12, 2019
Don't mind them over Sabi jawe.... It's not a crime to be paid in cash. We can collect our renumeration what Eva way we please. Some pple should learn how to drink water and mind their business on some issues. It's not every issue that opinions are needed.
ladymarshall:
@bold I'm sorry, did CIC send a new memo? Where did all these speculations come from? What exactly are the statistics? Please let the VOs do their jobs and allow us who were paid in cash collect our PPR in peace. It's not in your place to begin to guesstimate on people's applications like this. The wait is tiring and painful enough That's why there's background checks. We're not the first and won't be the last to recieve cash yet get PPR.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 3:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Yes o, we will all enter that Canny together. Fingers crossed grin

bankyh1905:
You're right it is, a pointer to the rest of us who have more recent AOR dates. undecided Your PPR will soon land, fingers crossed!
The last part of the response from Ottawa, @bolded is funny though grin: "We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum."

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by LecturerIFE: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
yodiyokun:

I expect IOM to respond positively and schedule your mum for medical within days. But in case they don't respond in time, please send a sibling or a relative to their office, armed with the PPR letter and mum's passport data page and plead your case. I was able to schedule spouse medical within one week by doing same. In my case sef, there was no urgency per se.

It's not abnormal. I think I have seen people get PPR with remedical request/schedule A request. My point is, if CIC says so, who are we to say otherwise? grin

Congratulations to you and your mum.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 3:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
I'm thinking that's the next thing to do, that is, ordering GCMS notes. But I want to wait a little more.

Hearing people's stories here has made me understand that even the GCMS notes don't really help, if anything, they just increase the anxiety.

If they want you to wait, you will wait

ladymarshall:
Have you raise gcms? If no, do that. The wait is not easy but what can we do? Stay hopeful

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 3:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
I forgot to add....
This was the information I got on my status the moment my application clocked 6 months.

For those who have more recent AORs, who will cross the 6 months line too, you should expect same. But I pray they speed up the process somehow so people don't have to wait this long before knowing their fate in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by bankyh1905(m): 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
Chai! Amen o @bolded.

Bogini:
I forgot to add....
This was the information I got on my status the moment my application clocked 6 months.

For those who have more recent AORs, who will cross the 6 months line too, you should expect same. But I pray they speed up the process somehow so people don't have to wait this long before knowing their fate in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Bogini: 3:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
IOM will solve your medical worries. She should get an appointment for next week or next two weeks if she calls to explain, or if she goes in person.
She has 30 days, so no need to worry, medical is done in a day. Same with police clearance.

yodiyokun:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bogini:
I forgot to add....

the incompetency they are displaying is mind blowing. we paid processing fee and i wonder what they are really verifying that takes long.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by PLSHELEP: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
Is that the moniker of someone who can assist?

ladymarshall:
@QUTEE

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by slushy: 5:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Hi Guys. Please I have a question wrt NYSC for proof of work experience. Is it compulsory I add the account statement for the allawee?
Secondly, I was paid in cash and my PPA is stating this on the letter. Is this enough or I need to do an LOE?
Thirdly do I need to mention it at all (maybe via an LOE) that it was NYSC or I can be silent on this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by wisdom4today: 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
Mailed you.

Jackolala:

Thanks a lot for this. I greatly appreciate it. And a big congratulation. I love and want to replicate your testimony of "first and last attempt".
Please mail me. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by terpenoid(m): 5:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Please what's the minimum amount for POF?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Sarang(f): 5:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
ladymarshall:
First, CIC agents who answer calls are not VOs or even the case analysts who review your application and provide recommendation. VOs make the final decisions and weighs the evidence of each case. Each case is different.

Post-AOR, don't be calling CIC like that to get advice on grey areas or what to do. They're not your friend or fellow applicants, they work for the government, not you. Also every call you make and the details are recorded in your gcms notes. The last thing you want to see is @bold recorded in your notes, that would raise the VO's suspicion. Raise your concerns here or your AOR groups. Or better still, tweet at IRCC. And your case is not peculiar, so don't worry, provide the alternative docs as proof. Also remember to check page 1 and the search thread regularly. All the best.

Thanks for the info.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
terpenoid:
angry

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by LecturerIFE: 5:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
terpenoid:

Page 1 or here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 by teeielts360: 6:08pm On Sep 12, 2019
I'm a guy ooO
grin grin grin
Thank you.

mumayo:
congratulations. I'm so happy for you sis. you came! you saw and you've conquered.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (693)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.