Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria (9789 Views)

Top 50 Best Cars To Buy As A Nigerian First Time Car Buyer. / Best Cars For Transportation Business In Nigeria / Meet British-Nigerian Gideon King Who love-vendor Super Cars For The Super-rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by RideArena: 1:50pm On May 15, 2019
People who intend to have us manage their vehicles on the Uber/Bolt platform ask all the time what the best cars for Uber business is.

It has become a more regular question since the post about The 3 Reasons You’re Losing Money in Your Uber Business. (You Should Read It).

In the post above, I had mentioned that the single most important factor for success in the Uber business is the choice of vehicle. An inappropriate vehicle will make a good driver become bad, yet a ‘bad’ driver could become good if the right vehicle merges with good working conditions.

When choosing the most practical vehicle to use, you want to consider the following factors: Fuel economy, good air conditioner, reliability, maintenance cost, life span, resale value etc.

In this post, I will highlight the top 5 cars for the Uber business in Nigeria:

1. TOYOTA COROLLA

This is actually the most preferred.. no wonder most companies use them as official cars. The 1.8 litre 4 cylinder engine gives an average of 30 miles per gallon (mpg). The air conditioner is excellent, sound system is good enough and the car makes your passengers arrive like a boss.

With the Corolla, you’ll get good reliability, reasonable space and excellent resale value.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.9million (2006 model)

2. TOYOTA YARIS (Sedan)

This car is small but mighty and arguably the best in the Uber line-up. Its 1.5 litre 4 cylinder engine gives you an amazing average fuel consumption of 32 mpg.. That’s about half the consumption of several 6 cylinder engines. Although, acceleration suffers but still good enough for city trips. It is also reliable and maintenance cost is moderate which all add up to increase your earning potentials.

Don’t be deceived by the small exterior.. it is pretty spacious inside. Thanks to the small engine and short bonnet. The small bonnet and the low belt-line makes you feel like you are sitting up high.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.8million (2008 model)

3. HYUNDAI ELANTRA

A roomy and well-built economy car with surprisingly sharp reflexes, the 2007 Hyundai Elantra is a good vehicle for the Uber business.

Standard on all Elantra sedans is a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder engine capable of 138 horsepower and 136 pound-feet of torque.

I particularly like the 2007 model as it comes with antilock disc brakes, front-seat side airbags, full-length side curtain airbags and anti-whiplash front head restraints.

With several Nigerian mechanics familiar with it, it has low maintenance and its spare parts are readily available.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.4million (2007 model)

4. HYUNDAI ACCENT

Another Hyundai product. Seems as if they are made for the Uber business.

The 2008 Hyundai Accent has a 1.6-liter four-cylinder which makes it quite fuel efficient.

Unusual for a vehicle in this segment, all models of this vehicle include standard front-seat side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags. Antilock brakes are standard on SE coupes and optional on GLS sedans.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.5million (2008 model)

5. KIA RIO

The 2008 edition of Kia Rio is powered by a 1.6-liter inline-4 with 110 horsepower and 107 pound-feet of torque. A five-speed manual transmission is standard across the board, while a four-speed automatic is optional on all but the base sedan.

Seat comfort is very good for most body types, though drivers north of 6 feet tall may get fidgety after more than an hour behind the wheel. In back, headroom is a bit tight for 6-footers, but legroom is fully adequate and the tall bench provides good thigh support.

For most Nigerians, it is a comfortable vehicle.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.6million (2008 model)

NOTABLE MENTIONS

Asides the top vehicles highlighted, the following vehicles also offer value for money in the Uber business:

- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Matrix
- Kia cerato
- Honda Civic
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 6

So there you have it! The 5 most effective cars for the Uber business in Nigeria.

At RideArena, we manage vehicles on the Uber/Bolt platforms for investors and provide employment for would-be drivers.

Under our management, we remit between N20,000 — N30,000 weekly, depending on the vehicle type, without you having to putting them through the hassles of driving or dealing with obnoxious drivers.

If you’d like to know more about our services, check us out here: http://ridearena.ng/landing-page/

Source: http://ridearena.ng/2019/04/18/5-best-cars-for-uber-business-in-nigeria/

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 3:09pm On May 15, 2019
RideArena:
People who intend to have us manage their vehicles on the Uber/Bolt platform ask all the time what the best cars for Uber business is.

It has become a more regular question since the post about The 3 Reasons You’re Losing Money in Your Uber Business. (You Should Read It).

In the post above, I had mentioned that the single most important factor for success in the Uber business is the choice of vehicle. An inappropriate vehicle will make a good driver become bad, yet a ‘bad’ driver could become good if the right vehicle merges with good working conditions.

When choosing the most practical vehicle to use, you want to consider the following factors: Fuel economy, good air conditioner, reliability, maintenance cost, life span, resale value etc.

In this post, I will highlight the top 5 cars for the Uber business in Nigeria:

1. TOYOTA COROLLA

This is actually the most preferred.. no wonder most companies use them as official cars. The 1.8 litre 4 cylinder engine gives an average of 30 miles per gallon (mpg). The air conditioner is excellent, sound system is good enough and the car makes your passengers arrive like a boss.

With the Corolla, you’ll get good reliability, reasonable space and excellent resale value.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.9million (2006 model)

2. TOYOTA YARIS (Sedan)

This car is small but mighty and arguably the best in the Uber line-up. Its 1.5 litre 4 cylinder engine gives you an amazing average fuel consumption of 32 mpg.. That’s about half the consumption of several 6 cylinder engines. Although, acceleration suffers but still good enough for city trips. It is also reliable and maintenance cost is moderate which all add up to increase your earning potentials.

Don’t be deceived by the small exterior.. it is pretty spacious inside. Thanks to the small engine and short bonnet. The small bonnet and the low belt-line makes you feel like you are sitting up high.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.8million (2008 model)

3. HYUNDAI ELANTRA

A roomy and well-built economy car with surprisingly sharp reflexes, the 2007 Hyundai Elantra is a good vehicle for the Uber business.

Standard on all Elantra sedans is a 2.0-liter inline four-cylinder engine capable of 138 horsepower and 136 pound-feet of torque.

I particularly like the 2007 model as it comes with antilock disc brakes, front-seat side airbags, full-length side curtain airbags and anti-whiplash front head restraints.

With several Nigerian mechanics familiar with it, it has low maintenance and its spare parts are readily available.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.4million (2007 model)

4. HYUNDAI ACCENT

Another Hyundai product. Seems as if they are made for the Uber business.

The 2008 Hyundai Accent has a 1.6-liter four-cylinder which makes it quite fuel efficient.

Unusual for a vehicle in this segment, all models of this vehicle include standard front-seat side airbags and full-length side curtain airbags. Antilock brakes are standard on SE coupes and optional on GLS sedans.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.5million (2008 model)

5. KIA RIO

The 2008 edition of Kia Rio is powered by a 1.6-liter inline-4 with 110 horsepower and 107 pound-feet of torque. A five-speed manual transmission is standard across the board, while a four-speed automatic is optional on all but the base sedan.

Seat comfort is very good for most body types, though drivers north of 6 feet tall may get fidgety after more than an hour behind the wheel. In back, headroom is a bit tight for 6-footers, but legroom is fully adequate and the tall bench provides good thigh support.

For most Nigerians, it is a comfortable vehicle.

Estimated Price: Tokunbo — N1.6million (2008 model)

NOTABLE MENTIONS

Asides the top vehicles highlighted, the following vehicles also offer value for money in the Uber business:

- Toyota Prius
- Toyota Matrix
- Kia cerato
- Honda Civic
- Mazda 3
- Mazda 6

So there you have it! The 5 most effective cars for the Uber business in Nigeria.

At RideArena, we manage vehicles on the Uber/Bolt platforms for investors and provide employment for would-be drivers.

Under our management, we remit between N20,000 — N30,000 weekly, depending on the vehicle type, without you having to putting them through the hassles of driving or dealing with obnoxious drivers.

If you’d like to know more about our services, check us out here: http://ridearena.ng/landing-page/

Source: http://ridearena.ng/2019/04/18/5-best-cars-for-uber-business-in-nigeria/
You want lead the people astray ...1.4m tokunbo elantra... smh.. Better to say 1m
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by jceesquare(m): 5:36pm On May 15, 2019
Na Toyota Prius you mention carelessly like that?
A good Prius would be your best bet anytime any day.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by RideArena: 6:21pm On May 15, 2019
dru23:

You want lead the people astray ...1.4m tokunbo elantra... smh.. Better to say 1m

We have partnerships with several dealers...and we can can get you one for that price when you're ready.q
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by PattyB001: 11:29pm On May 15, 2019
Pls how much can I get Honda Civic 2008 Toks
RideArena:

We have partnerships with several dealers...and we can can get you one for that price when you're ready.q
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by RideArena: 8:02am On May 16, 2019
PattyB001:
Pls how much can I get Honda Civic 2008 Toks

You can get it at 1.6m.
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by chillex8(m): 5:45pm On May 16, 2019
Hyundai Elantra is the worst car to drive on uber. Especially the 2.0L motor.

Toyota Prius remains the best car, followed by Honda Civic hybrid.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by chillex8(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2019
RideArena:

No mind Am. E dey give elantra priority over prius
The Maximum city mpg elantra will do is 23mpg
Prius does way over 42mpg
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 7:04pm On May 16, 2019
chillex8:

Nigerians can barely maintain car ,so nay Hybrid dey want maintain ... I spoke to one guy that drives a Prius he said cost of the Prius alone when it brakes down no be easy thing.. He stated that they way he maintains his car it will be hard for others to do am ... you seems to be a very hard working young man.. So hopefully you too can get your own hybrid too..
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2019
chillex8:

So after using the hybrid for uber and person want sell am .. Who go buy am ? Nay you... funny guy
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 7:14pm On May 16, 2019
chillex8:

No mind Am. E dey give elantra priority over prius
The Maximum city mpg elantra will do is 23mpg
Prius does way over 42mpg

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 7:17pm On May 16, 2019
RideArena:

I sell tokunbo cars myself ...your statement is like a love-vendor trying to love-vendor a love-vendor ....
Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 7:24pm On May 16, 2019
jceesquare:
Na Toyota Prius you mention carelessly like that?
A good Prius would be your best bet anytime any day.

Nigerians can barely maintain regular car ... so nay Prius dey want maintain... after using the Prius now ,and u want sell am who go buy am ? Abi u want use the car forever ..just like majority of the cars that comes into naija market a lot of them need repairs ...now in Yankee for your information, Hybrid is expensive especially the battery.. Once the battery reaches its expire time ,owners end up selling them .. To change those battery will cost you $10k ... so that is why does hybrid end up in the naija market.. You see few of them on the road ...

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by chillex8(m): 7:29pm On May 16, 2019
dru23:

Nigerians can barely maintain car ,so nay Hybrid dey want maintain ... I spoke to one guy that drives a Prius he said cost of the Prius alone when it brakes down no be easy thing.. He stated that they way he maintains his car it will be hard for others to do am ... you seems to be a very hard working young man.. So hopefully you too can get your own hybrid too..

I responded on the best car for Ehailing judging by current situation of things.

No need to tease or mock me.

Civic 1.6L is good, but hybrid 1.5L is gooder

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by dru23(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2019
chillex8:

I responded on the best car for Ehailing judging by current situation of things.

No need to tease or mock me.

Civic 1.6L is good, but hybrid 1.5L is gooder

And I express the reality of an hybrid ..... I agree with you 100% that hybrid is the best choice for Ehailing, but the reality is that the resale value is what you have to think about... before you go get person that will buy a Nigerian used hybrid, and even if you dash for free ,nobody go take am .. Hybrid will not tolerate any form of abuse.. And we Nigerians we like to abuse our cars ..that is the reality.. Hybrid is good , but can you maintain it ,do we have mechanics that can fix ,do you money for the parts etc . If you can successfully answer those questions than people should import them ... At times I see civic hybrid for $500 run and drive. But reality and common sense will not let go near am

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by jceesquare(m): 7:48am On May 17, 2019
dru23:

Nigerians can barely maintain regular car ... so nay Prius dey want maintain... after using the Prius now ,and u want sell am who go buy am ? Abi u want use the car forever ..just like majority of the cars that comes into naija market a lot of them need repairs ...now in Yankee for your information, Hybrid is expensive especially the battery.. Once the battery reaches its expire time ,owners end up selling them .. To change those battery will cost you $10k ... so that is why does hybrid end up in the naija market.. You see few of them on the road ...

Well na true you talk sa. The cost of repairs would eat up the owners savings.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by chillex8(m): 8:13am On May 17, 2019
dru23:

And I express the reality of an hybrid ..... I agree with you 100% that hybrid is the best choice for Ehailing, but the reality is that the resale value is what you have to think about... before you go get person that will buy a Nigerian used hybrid, and even if you dash for free ,nobody go take am .. Hybrid will not tolerate any form of abuse.. And we Nigerians we like to abuse our cars ..that is the reality.. Hybrid is good , but can you maintain it ,do we have mechanics that can fix ,do you money for the parts etc . If you can successfully answer those questions than people should import them ... At times I see civic hybrid for $500 run and drive. But reality and common sense will not let go near am

Re: 5 Best Cars For Uber Business In Nigeria by skelvin98: 12:15pm On May 17, 2019
Are you interested in driving a Camry XLE 03. For hire purchase the car is a clean tokunbo. You live around Ikeja, Ogba, Iju-Ishaga, Ojodu-Berger.
Call or WhatsApp 08065900125

(1) (Reply)

Car Diagnostic Tools / The Low-tech $6,000 Car Made For Africa / My Mechanic Removed My Toyota Camry's Thermostat. Any Drawbacks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.