Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Your Menses And Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Your Menses And Ramadan (9744 Views)

Objectives Of Fasting And Ramadan / Easy Ibadaat For Women In Ramadhaan On Their Menses / Period / The Head Of The Family And Ramadan Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Menses And Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 1:54pm On May 16, 2019
Every month women go through a menstrual cycle. Life carries on as normal however, ibadah defers. A woman in her menses (haidh) is exempt from salaah during her cycle and during Ramadaan she is exempt from fasting.

So we are fine with our menses in our normal daily life, but what happens in Ramadaan when we want to gain maximum out of the blessed month? When our spirituality is at its peak?

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said about menstruation, “Verily this is a matter Allah has written upon the girls of Prophet Adam (Allah bless him)…” [Bukhari]

Islam sees menstruation as a natural bodily process and does not consider it a hindrance or punishment… A women experiencing her menses or nifaas is regarded as napaak (spiritually impure) for the duration of her cycle and is exempt from certain acts of ibadah ,if a menstruating woman fulfills this command with the intention to submit to Allah’s order, she is actually worshiping Allah the entire time that she refrains from the ritual prayer and ritual fasting. However, there are numerous ways a menstruating women can engage herself in ibadah (worship of Allah).

Below are some of the ways a women experiences her cycle can still gain closeness to Allah during Ramadaan and every other month. Inshallah.

1. Listen to the Quran
“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’an, a guidance for mankind, and clear proofs of the guidance, and the Criterion (of right and wrong).” [Baqara: 185]
She should listen to the Quran as much as possible. Taking great care that she is not touching it, it is also prohibited to recite the Quran, which means to move one’s lips while producing sound. [ibn Abidin, Radd al-Muhtar.

2. Engage in abundance of Dhikr(Remembrance of Allah)
“…and men who remember Allah much and women who remember – Allah hath prepared for them forgiveness and a vast reward.” [The Confederates: 35]
She should try to use every free time available in the remembrance of Allah. There are various supplications and each one has a reward.

3. Recite Durood upon Nabi(صلى الله عليه و سلم)
She seeks the tremendous benefit of sending blessings and praise (salawat) upon the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) because it is not only an act that increases her love for Nabi(صلى الله عليه و سلم) but also raises her status in the eyes of Allah ten times, erases 10 sins and 10 good deeds are written for her.

4. Give Generously In Charity
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said, “The best charity is that given in Ramadan.” [al-Tirmidhi]
She should reach into her pocket and give whatever she can without hesitation to those in need.

5. Be Kind to Others, Including Spouses & Family Members
The Companion Salman al-Farasi related that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said about Ramadan in a sermon given on the last day of Sha’ban, “…It is a month of patience and the reward of patience is Paradise…” [Sahih ibn Khuzayma; Sayuti, al-Jami’ al-Kabir; Bayhaqi, Shu`ab al-Iman]
She uses this time to rebuild and mend any broken relationships. She should not use menstruation as an excuse for anger; instead she should shower those around her with love, care and compassion.

6. Make Dua
The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said about Ramadan, “Verily, Allah frees people (from the Hellfire) in every day and every night and for each Muslim among them is a supplication which will be answered.” [Ahmad]
She should take lots of time in her day to make dua. And should ensure that she remembers the ummah in her duas.

7. Repentance
The Companion Salman al-Farasi related that the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said about Ramadan in a sermon given on the last day of Sha’ban, “…It is a month (in which) the first of it is mercy, and the middle of it is forgiveness, and the last of it is pardon from the Fire…” [Sahih ibn Khuzayma; Sayuti, al-Jami’ al-Kabir; Bayhaqi, Shi’b al-Iman]
She asks Allah to pardon her, cover her sins, and save her from the Hell-fire. She begs for forgiveness and realizes her absolute neediness to His mercy. She wakes up in the middle of the night, even though she is menstruating, and repents in a time when Allah promises to forgive.

8. Feed Fasting People
The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) also said in the aforementioned sermon, “…Whoever feeds a fasting person in (the month of Ramadan), for him is the forgiveness of his sins and freeing his neck from the Fire…” [Sahih ibn Khuzayma; Sayuti, al-Jami’ al-Kabir; Bayhaqi, Shi’b al-Iman]
She hosts her relatives, friends or community members for iftar. Care should be taken that this does not become extravagant and an act of show.

9. Show Allah Goodness
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Ramadan has come to you. (It is) a month of blessing, in which Allah covers you with blessing, for He sends down Mercy, decreases sins and answers prayers. In it, Allah looks at your competition (in good deeds), and boasts about you to His angels. So show Allah goodness from yourselves, for the unfortunate one is he who is deprived in (this month) of the mercy of Allah.” [Tabarani]
Try to do a small act of kindness each day. Even if it is just reminding everyone about salaah or waking the family up for tahajud prayers.

10. Righteous Deeds
Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained” [Bukhari, Muslim]
She realizes that now is the perfect time to carry out any act of good. Try to utilize the time well. One such way is attending lectures and programs in her locality.

We should not look at this “break’ as time off, yet we should use it to gain or keep constant the momentum of spirituality.
May Allah make us from amongst those that are always rightly guided. Inshallah.

Source: JAMIAT KZN

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by usermane(m): 6:51am On May 17, 2019
Asalam alaykum.

Any one else wonder why menstrual period will be spiritually impure? Menstruation is involuntary and last for days to week. Yet even if a woman fasted the whole day and her period suddenly start an hour to iftaar, her fast is nullified.

To me, the idea that something so natural and uncontrollable in the human body would be spiritually impure is flawed design

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by sarahade(f): 8:37am On May 17, 2019
Thank you. But mr lugaf i don't think it is appropriate for you to be posting about menstruation.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by Akshow: 9:32am On May 17, 2019
Religion was obviously created by chauvinistic men who have little or no regards for women. How can what brings life be so abhorred and make women unholy and unclean?

35 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by Nobody: 9:33am On May 17, 2019
this religion has no place in the 21st century. what makes them impure

26 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by marvin906(m): 9:39am On May 17, 2019
what da fvck is wrong with y'all..
infact I give up on you guys

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by 2rhymestharap(m): 9:53am On May 17, 2019
hhh
Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by dreamwords: 10:06am On May 17, 2019
cheesy na wao

24 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by wittyt98(m): 10:12am On May 17, 2019
dreamwords:
cheesy na wao

3 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by malvisguy212: 10:15am On May 17, 2019
One night he entered (upon me) while I was menstruating. He went to the place of his prayer, that is, to the place of prayer reserved (for this purpose) in his house. He did not return until I felt asleep heavily, and he felt pain from cold. And he said: Come near me. I said: I am menstruating. He said: Uncover your thighs. I, therefore, uncovered both of my thighs. Then he put his cheek and chest on my thighs and I lent upon he until he became warm and slept. ( Sunan Abu Dawud , Book 1, Number 0270 )

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by Lukgaf(m): 10:18am On May 17, 2019
Smile sister. Why?

sarahade:
Thank you. But mr lugaf i don't think it is appropriate for you to be posting about menstruation.

Thank you
Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by Frezhkid10(m): 10:28am On May 17, 2019
All because of Ramadan?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by richie240: 10:52am On May 17, 2019
usermane:
Asalam alaykum.

Any one else wonder why menstrual period will be spiritually impure? Menstruation is involuntary and last for days to week. Yet even if a woman fasted the whole day and her period suddenly start an hour to iftaar, her fast is nullified.

To me, the idea that something so natural and uncontrollable in the human body would be spiritually impure is flawed design

Faeces (sh.it) is, to borrow ur words, natural and uncontrollable.... , does it make it pure?
The menstrual flow contains dead matter just like the faeces.
tnx
Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by AbuAeesha: 11:11am On May 17, 2019
2extremes:
Islam and discrimination against ladies. Funniest thing is that all this rules were made by men for ladies to follow.
No any discrimination here, during menstruation most women feel paind and become weak,due to the mercy islam has upon women, they are exempted from fasting so as to make it easy for them,pls be rightly guided, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by Nobody: 11:47am On May 17, 2019
richie240:

Faeces (sh.it) is, to borrow ur words, natural and uncontrollable.... , does it make it pure?
tnx

How can you compare shit to menses? Na wa o

So because it contains dead matter its impure? Finger nails, toe nails, saliva also contain dead matter, are they also spiritually impure?

Mtshew

Men right from time have always looked for how to oppress women. The major religions is very big proof.

Periods are part of a woman's fertility cycle, it shows she is still fertile and her reproductive system is working well. I don't know why women have to be stigmatized by it. I really pity religious women.
Especially Muslim women.
Intelligence is half of that of men according to hadith, they can't do anything meaningful without the permission of their male guardian, the Quran gives men permission to beat them sef.

Hmm. It is well ooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by AbuAeesha: 12:00pm On May 17, 2019
usermane:
Asalam alaykum.

Thank you very much,that's the order by God upon his servants (female Muslim), and menstruation usually comes with pain that's why Islam made it easy upon women to stop fasting during menstruation, it's left for a muslimah to accept God's order and get blessed or otherwise,

3 Likes

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by aril: 12:41pm On May 17, 2019
usermane:
Asalam alaykum.

[b]
To me, the idea that something so natural and uncontrollable in the human body would be spiritually impure is flawed [/b]design

Read about menstrual period and its impurity before assuming it is flawed. Guide your tongue and purify your mind. We can never be wiser than our creator.
Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by crafteck(m): 12:56pm On May 17, 2019
AbuAeesha:

Thank you very much,that's the order by God upon his servants (female Muslim), and menstruation usually comes with pain that's why Islam made it easy upon women to stop fasting during menstruation, it's left for a muslimah to accept God's order and get blessed or otherwise,

No God can write a book this partial, all books are written by men(under inspiration of God as they claim)
They keep regarding women as flawed creatures and one thing men do that women dont(growing beard) happens to be the pride of Islam, miracle women perform and men dont(child birth) is downplayed, pls if you will mention or counter me, lift the fanatic veil off your face first, im opened to being corrected.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by IMAliyu(m): 1:36pm On May 17, 2019
marvin906:
what da fvck is wrong with y'all..
infact I give up on you guys
Who is this kid i keep seeing in your posts?
Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by AbuAeesha: 9:28pm On May 17, 2019
crafteck:

No God can write a book this partial, all books are written by men(under inspiration of God as they claim)
They keep regarding men as flawed creatures and one thing men do that women dont(growing beard) happens to be the pride of Islam, miracle women perform and men dont(child birth) is downplayed, pls if you will mention or counter me, lift the fanatic veil off your face first, im opened to being corrected.
firstly there's no partial in the Qur'an,God bestowed more strength on male than most females even in the animal kingdom (the lion,ram, turkey....)the males usually looks better than the female,but that doesn't render the females irrelevant, bcoz they are blessed in different ways,
pls who told you beard is the pride of islam while childbirth is downplayed??
in case you don't know the reward for any act off worship a performed by a pregnant woman is worthy than that of usual man,so please be guided there's nothing like partiality in islam, only if you consider it be, therefore that's ur own opinion. thanks
Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by tintingz(m): 11:57am On May 18, 2019
usermane:
Asalam alaykum.

Lol, the so called omniscient God did no know about menstruation before he created humans.

Because if he knew, this won't be the case.

1 Like

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by tintingz(m): 12:09pm On May 18, 2019
AbuAeesha:

firstly there's no partial in the Qur'an,God bestowed more strength on male than most females even in the animal kingdom (the lion,ram, turkey....) the males usually looks better than the female ,but that doesn't render the females irrelevant, bcoz they are blessed in different ways,
pls who told you beard is the pride of islam while childbirth is downplayed??
in case you don't know the reward for any act off worship a performed by a pregnant woman is worthy than that of usual man,so please be guided there's nothing like partiality in islam, only if you consider it be, therefore that's ur own opinion. thanks
LMAO.

This one is confused. @bolded.

Islam degraded the women folks in every form even in the so called afterlife, the physical ability of the men folks should not be used to justify the degrading of the women folks especially their rights.

Give the women folks a chance and see how they will perform better more than some men.

And for your ignorance, the female lions(lioness) haunts better and physically looks good with better speed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by true2god: 2:10pm On May 18, 2019
tintingz:
LMAO.

This one is confused. @bolded.

Islam degraded the women folks in every form even in the so called afterlife, the physical ability of the men folks should not be used to justify the degrading of the women folks especially their rights.

Give the women folks a chance and see how they will perform better more than some men.

And for your ignorance, the female lions(lioness) haunts better and physically looks good with better speed.
Male lions sleep all day while the female lions hunt and 'hustle' to provide for their kids, and also provide for the male lions. In the animal kingdom, male lions are useless and only good for mating with the female lions for procreation. As as bad as male lions are, they have to kill on the cubs that the female lions have so that the lioness can start having their own kids afresh. Men (male lions) are very wicked.

Honestly, if male lions were to write their 'Quran', they (male lions) will surely downplay the importance and usefulness of female lions in the animal world, provided they have the Quranic (hadith) format. The male ego is also common in the Jewish Torah and equally consistent among all the so-called 'Abrahamic faith'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Menses And Ramadan by usermane(m): 2:20pm On May 18, 2019
richie240:

tnx

Faeces and urine don't ruin fasting. They are intermittent and don't last for days like menses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Du'a When Stopping Or Lodging Somewhere / Polygamy As An Advantage To Innocent Women By Taofeek Yusuf / Advice: Do Not Face The Qiblah When Answering The Call Of Nature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.