Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students (23433 Views)

Mothers Of Yahoo Boys Forming Association Now - EFCC Chairman, Ibrahim Magu / Lady Turns Into Snake In Benin After Alighting From Yahoo Boy's Benz - Residents / Gunmen Invade Ibrahim Magu’s House, Kill Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by jobnow01: 2:03am On May 17, 2019
The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu has urged Nigerian students to desist from cyber crimes, popularly referred to as Yahoo -yahoo and all other forms of internet-related offences that could derail their destinies.

Magu stated this on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 while delivering a lecture at the University of Ilorin on the dangers of internet fraud.

The EFCC boss who was represented by Head, Advance Fee Fraud and Other Fraud Related Offences, Ilorin Zonal Office, Olamide Sadiq said anyone caught for offences bordering on internet fraud would be detained, prosecuted and jailed.

According to him, “if you use pictures that do not belong to you just with intent to defraud someone, it is impersonation. You have committed an offence that carries five years imprisonment.

“I am emphasising to you on the need to desist from cyber crimes. If you are found to be in possession of fraudulent documents, you have committed a criminal offence which has a great consequence.”The EFCC boss informed the students that the Commission has special powers to cause investigations into anyone or corporate body, suspected to have participated in economic and financial crimes.”

When it comes to issue of internet fraud, Section 7 of the EFCC Act gives a special power to the Commission to investigate anyone suspected to have committed internet crimes. “A police officer can arrest an internet fraudster and bring him/her to the Commission. If we find out that the person is innocent, we will allow him or her to go.”

https://shelegangan.com.ng/2019/05/17/stay-away-from-yahoo-yahoo-ibrahim-magu-warns-nigerian-students/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by johnkey: 4:33am On May 17, 2019
Oloriburuku people, they don't care about the poor masses trying to survive the useless country they created by looting all the wealth meant for the masses. Millions of graduates with hundreds of jobs available and legit way sef no dey again, dey want make people commit suicide finish, e no possible!

If no be for the street, boys for dey beg and na wetin dey want be that but we sef no gree.

My billionaire uncle is still mad at me because unlike other youths in my family I've never called him to beg for one naira or carry certificate go hin company.

215 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Yankiss(m): 6:27am On May 17, 2019
The guy above me is into Yahoo Yahoo or what? Nigeria is dysfunctional but internet fraud is not the answer. We should learn to hold our leaders accountable. Youths of unilag were among those that forced IBB out of govt when he lost touch with the masses. Political awareness and responsible citizenship will yield more dividend than Yahoo.

184 Likes 27 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:27am On May 17, 2019
Liked by Opetodolapo, Buhari, Magu Yemi Osinbajo and 145 others

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Ekakamba: 6:27am On May 17, 2019
Ask them why they engage in advance fee fraud, they'll blame it on unemployment. Yes the level of unemployed youths is high but that does not justify their acts.

How can a person who claims he/she is unemploy, makes millions of Naira from advance fee fraud and fail to start a legit business (not easy though if one ain't business oriented) instead he/she spend the money in clubs, on girls/boys, hard drugs, alcohol and other luxuries?

I hope EFCC watch yahoo yahoo boys/girls sympathisers closely. They are either into the act or planning to start. grin tongue

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by MobilityExpress: 6:27am On May 17, 2019
If our government weren't asleep on their watch, they will realize that yahoo yahoo is the least of the social vices plaguing these untrained youths of nowadays. Number one problem is drug abuse. The drug culture is spreading like wild fire among teens and tertiary students. Many of them are now on one drug or another, from weed, to sniff, to heroine, you name it. They even devised new slangs to cover it up; you will hear them say things like "loud". Worst part is it's not just a boys thing anymore, even girls are involved in all this rubbish now. From drugs to alcoholism to night life craze. "Druggies" everywhere. The society is raising a generation of druggists that are useless to themselves and useless to society. Lazy and irresponsible youths looking for the easy way out, wanting to live large by stealing, youths that think being a crook means you're sharp. That's what is pushing them to more crime. Then another problem is the celeb culture that is pushing them to embrace the lives of a criminal, because lots of all these Nigeria celebs portray a criminal lifestyle to the youths and they are embracing it in the name of being fans. Another major problem is foolishness. Many youths today are just inherently foolish, because many of them lack proper home training and exposure. The other day I was driving and saw 2 young teen boys at the bus stop standing in the rain just directly in front of 2 large transformers that were exposed. Now if they get electrocuted, some people will blame village people, but the problem is many of the teens of today are so foolish that they can't even recognize danger if it was standing right in front of their faces. They don't know the difference between bold and stupidity. A cockroach that jumps on me is not bold, that cockroach is stupid because I will kill it. Same way they jump on internet crime thinking they are sharp, but they are not sharp, they are just fortunate they are dealing with stupid-er people.

58 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Nobody: 6:28am On May 17, 2019
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by chidi2pus(m): 6:28am On May 17, 2019
Why do we always ignore the bigger picture in this country?

Is impersonation, love scams and other menial cyber crimes the only finicial and economic crime?

What about monopoly? Moneylaundering? Ponzi schemes? Inflation? Bribery? Breach of trust and agreement? Corruption? Illegal charges and practices from banks?terrorist financing? tax evasion? embezzlement? forgery? counterfeiting?

So many stupid things going on in this country that fall within Grey areas in this country.

My UBA bank keeps deducting 52 naira for all cards I've used and reported stolen or naira.
I've reported this issue but nothing is done against it.

Is this how you wanna fix the economy? By concentrating 95% of your resources and energy on petty fraudsters?

We're trying so hard to keep up with the pace of USA, UK, CANADA, NORWAY, SWITZERLAND and a host of other countries in battling financial and economic crimes but the truth is, even our fight is highly flawed.

Let us pause for a while, look at the bigger picture and go back to the drawing book.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by joey150(m): 6:28am On May 17, 2019
The worst thing about fraud is that it kills your creativity as a person and heightens your greed.

If I make 200k monthly from internet fraud and eventually get a 9-5 that pays me 100k monthly with all the toil and stress, which of the jobs do you think I'll keep? Your guess is as good as mine here.

Fraud is easy money, less effort and better returns. Those knee deep into it will likely not desert it if they got real job offers. So long as you are predisposed to fraud and making a living off it, you are likely never going to leave it, job or no job!

My fear is that the more youths that get deeply addicted to fraud and scamming, the harder it is that they'll quit if it continues to remain lucrative.

Nigeria has to take a strong stance against fraud like some countries are doing for controlled and banned substances.

Strong stance in the form of serious jail time and swift conviction for crimes such as internet fraud, corruption and tribalism with an intent to overrule meritocracy, is our most realistic shot at a better country.

38 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by daddytime(m): 6:28am On May 17, 2019
And my letter to you on how we could collaborate to use my book and experience as a sensitization tool for the youths has gone un-answered.

4 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Bonapart(m): 6:29am On May 17, 2019
If they don't listen they will end up in jail or 6feet below

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by ishowdotgmail(m): 6:29am On May 17, 2019
Ok sir....

We are learning from Naira Marley's case sir grin
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by GOFRONT(m): 6:29am On May 17, 2019
Politicians stay away from our yams

3 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by helinues: 6:29am On May 17, 2019
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by TANID(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2019
Ok We Go Stay Away Later grin

4 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by cjudy(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2019
Ibrahim Magu tell your useless government to create employment or empowerment for the youths.

Secondly tell your useless government and politicians to stop milk drying this country.

Thirdly, Stop Jealousy because it's the last step before witchcraft. You all are scared because Yahoo Boys are getting rich more than your kids.

What's the job of Buhari son that he's worth billions of Naira?

Have you investigated Tinubu about the Van? Or they are special yahoo guys?

Idiot

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:
Oloriburuku people, they don't care about the poor masses trying to survive the useless country they created by looting all the wealth meant for the masses. Millions of graduates with hundreds of jobs available and legit way sef no dey again, dey want make people commit suicide finish, e no possible!

If no be for the street, boys for dey beg and na wetin dey want be that but we sef no gree.

My billionaire uncle is still mad at me because unlike other youths in my family I've never called him to beg for one naira or carry certificate go hin company.

Nah ogun will kill your Uncle .. I also have useless people from world bank in my family too ogun kill them all , we work we pray we party hard

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Emu4life(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2019
The youths should not do yahoo but the elites should continue looting ISSOKAY.

6 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by cjudy(m): 6:30am On May 17, 2019
Bonapart:
If they don't listen they will end up in jail or 6feet below

Na jealousy will kill you.

Don't worry, you won't die okay. You will live forever. No 6ft for you

4 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by jaxxy(m): 6:31am On May 17, 2019
Magu is saying the right thing bt talking to the wrong people.

12 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by Nobody: 6:31am On May 17, 2019
Na benin rebuplic and ghana biy dey go now
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by KKKWHITE(m): 6:32am On May 17, 2019
yahoo is a crime it's stealing nothing good about it what shall it profit a man to gain the world and be condemned in eternity

5 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by hisexcellency34: 6:32am On May 17, 2019
See who is advising boys
Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by fasho01(m): 6:32am On May 17, 2019
He did not warn them to stay away from selective corruption fight too?

2 Likes

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by tokrizy: 6:33am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:

we don hear

1 Like

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by RealGOAT: 6:33am On May 17, 2019
johnkey:

O boy, it is never an excuse to get into cyber crime, remember that the same street boys a.k.a yahoo boys you are defending also steal from the poor.
If you are wise you should have channel your target to only our politicians but you rather prefer the poor and the vulnerable.
If you are one of them just desist and find a legitimate business on the internet to do or look for a skill to learn.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘stay Away From Yahoo-yahoo’ – Ibrahim Magu Warns Nigerian Students by mrvitalis(m): 6:34am On May 17, 2019
daddytime:
And my letter to you on how we could collaborate to use my book and experience as a sensitization tool for the youths has gone un-answered.

U dont need him if u really want to it

Would u do it for free ...u want someone to do cheap publicity for u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Drunk Police Officer Stabs Nine People At A Night Club In Ondo (photo) / Hoodlums Attack Mark Obi, Ayade's Ex Aide Who Refused To Defect To APC (Graphic) / 3 Missing Female Students Of Wisdom International Secondary School Borikiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.