Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,229 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection (10130 Views)

Omotola Jalade's Second Album To Be In Market By December / Omosexy Returns With Second Album / Timaya's First Or Second Album? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by semid4lyfe(m): 9:18pm On Sep 29, 2010
oyinda.:

^
shattap dere abeg.  grin
I love the first single off the album. but obviously, not everyone not everyone will like it.lol
lwkmd at the "afro haircut" "bell bottomed" "shuffle feet" dance "old school" comment ok. i had to laugh at that one 'cause i noticed it too. but i think she prolly did it 'cause ppl were complaining abt her dreadlocks and all n were accusing her of being gay. so she had to change her style na. allow her abeg.

Hehehe. . .you agree with me and still tell me to shattap shocked
Are you this confused grin grin

Anyway, I still love the babe so I nor too blame her. . .she's probably targeting the "oyinbo" market with this first single, lol. I still recall her comment on CNN's Inside Africa when she said "I like to be local but global" so I suspect she looking to push more units overseas.

After all said and said, my own be se make she nor forget local and "un-global" folks/fans like me wey appreciate deep, thought provoking, soulful, heart-rendering & soothing music, the kind she gave us in her self-titled debut album grin grin
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by oyinda3(f): 9:32pm On Sep 29, 2010
semid4lyfe:

After all said and said, my own be se make she nor forget local folks like me wey appreciate deep, thought provoking, soulful, heart-rendering & soothing music, the kind she gave us in her self-titled debut album grin grin 

hahhahaha grin bush boy
dun worry. we shall wait n see to find out what's in d rest of d album.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by semid4lyfe(m): 9:44pm On Sep 29, 2010
oyinda.:

hahhahaha grin bush boy
dun worry. we shall wait n see to find out what's in d rest of d album.
grin grin grin
Hehehehe. . . .I gree se I be bush boy but even you nor fit deny se I get good sense of music

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the full album too.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by oyinda3(f): 9:57pm On Sep 29, 2010
good.
n make sure to invite me to you and asa's wedding. i heard she's looking for a husband.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by bioye(m): 11:10pm On Sep 29, 2010
I really love Aṣa but this song ain't doing it for mi.  And given that she's supposed to release the hit song of the album ahead of the others, I won't lose hope just yet.  Did Cobhams produce any song on the album?
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by semid4lyfe(m): 11:14pm On Sep 29, 2010
oyinda.:

good.
n make sure to invite me to you and asa's wedding. i heard she's looking for a husband.
Hey! Don't get it twisted. . .I love Asa musically and not romantically grin grin
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by semid4lyfe(m): 11:25pm On Sep 29, 2010
bioye:

I really love Aṣa but this song ain't doing it for mi. And given that she's supposed to release the hit song of the album ahead of the others, I hope the other songs would work for mi when I hear them. Did Cobhams produce any song on the album?

Finally someone with my train of thought. . .
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by SEFAGO(m): 12:44am On Sep 30, 2010
No matter how much she changes her looks she will still look kind of a lesbian. Just like tracy chapman haha

I still like this song. Her best is probably jailer- nothin will get better than that
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by bisotec(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2010
I just watched the preview. She had done it again. That will gain international recognition than the first album. All of u who are thinkin whether there will be other better songs, get ur fingers cross. U ll be amazed.
Nothin concern me her sexual orientation. Just her music.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by oyinda3(f): 12:49am On Oct 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Finally someone with my train of thought. . .

u found company huh? lol
just FYI when u get the album, can u plz upload the songs?
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by semid4lyfe(m): 2:21am On Oct 01, 2010
oyinda.:

u found company huh? lol
just FYI when u get the album, can u plz upload the songs?

Copy that grin grin
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by eldee(m): 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2010
semid4lyfe:

^Typical Nigerians with their follow-follow crowd mentality. . . .shioor!!

Even at the risk of having the Asa fans raining abuses & curses on me, I gats say the first single off the album (Be my man) is just not it!!! The song is not deep, soulful or soothing like bibanke, 360, awe and other songs on her debut album and it's not something I can bump my head to either. The song na noise & complete miss road IMO.

Whoever adviced her to do this "afro haircut", "slim-fitted" shirt, tight "bell-bottomed" pants and big goggles, "shuffle-feet" dance "old-school" kinda song did not advice her right. . .and to think this is the first single off the album? I hope this track is not a sign of what to expect in the full album. Oh well! tongue

I noticed that too . . . the fact that there are so many gbish gbim gbam beats in the song already rob it of it's Asaness.
The metallic instrumentals are for people that don't have a soulful voice. I even hated what they did with the Jailer in the album, I think she should do this and then release acoustic versions of all the songs.

She's the best Nigeria has to offer right now.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by semid4lyfe(m): 2:42pm On Oct 01, 2010
eldee:

I noticed that too . . . the fact that there are so many gbish gbim gbam beats in the song already rob it of it's Asaness.
The metallic instrumentals are for people that don't have a soulful voice. I even hated what they did with the Jailer in the album, I think she should do this and then release acoustic versions of all the songs.

She's the best Nigeria has to offer right now.
Chop knuckle jare grin

Fact is Asa carved a niche for herself and filled a void in our hearts & soul with the kinda slow thought-provoking music she dished out on her debut and instead of continuing on that path, she's deviating.

The music scene is already saturated with all these kinda noisy, gbish gbish kinda music and what asa has done is add to the noise grin grin

Be my man is so "un-asaish"
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by SEFAGO(m): 10:13pm On Oct 02, 2010
People change style and sound a lot. I dont think she is trying to be that commerical. There was never really anything ultraspecial about her music anyways. On an international stage she will not likely reach stardoms anyways
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by CLASSIFYD(m): 7:53am On Oct 03, 2010
Lets nt b hasty in judging d album by jst one single. 'Be my man' is nt all dat bt who knws it mite later grow on u.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by oyinda3(f): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2010
95% of posts on here are male. why are u guys all obsessed with Asa?

CLASSIFYD:

Lets nt b hasty in judging d album by jst one single. 'Be my man' is nt all dat bt who knws it mite later grow on u.

they don't like it because it's more of a girly song. "be my man" won't grow on any guy unless he's gay.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by bioye(m): 9:45am On Oct 05, 2010
oyinda.:

they don't like it because it's more of a girly song. "be my man" won't grow on any guy unless he's gay.

It's not always about the lyrics
.and aren't there more posts by males for 'every' thread on this forum?
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by oyinda3(f): 9:57am On Oct 05, 2010
yea i noticed that too.
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by lalaboi(m): 10:02am On Oct 05, 2010
oyinda.:

Exactlty why i dont listen to the song that much lol. . . Unless i change the lyrics and sing it my way. . grin
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by Genuflect(m): 10:15am On Oct 05, 2010
oyinda.:

It's more about the melody.
I'm not really a big Asa fan but this song no dey high me like her previous ones. Make we chill for the album tho
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by Mobinga: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2010
Genuflect:

It's more about the melody.
I'm not really a big Asa fan but this song no dey high me like her previous ones. Make we chill for the album tho
Na everything wey dey high you? angry cool
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by Genuflect(m): 11:38am On Oct 05, 2010
Mobinga:

Na everything wey dey high you? angry cool
Like say Asa no dey kpef pass me. You no see her lips?
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by akinsadeez(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2010
Terry g would soon remix d song to 'be my sile sile'
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by bioye(m): 10:30am On Oct 28, 2010
Where can I get the album in Abuja? Has anyone bought the album yet?
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by lindseylo(f): 11:47am On Nov 11, 2010
I've heard so much about this album but I never see am anywhere. I know say the thing go tight sha. No be Asa?
Re: Aṣa Is Back With Second Album - Beautiful Imperfection by eccentric(m): 9:54am On Nov 13, 2010
Boy oh boy, what precisely is this "beautiful imperfection" of Asa's. Seriously I'm curious,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kizz Daniel – No Bad Songs (NBS) / Simi - Stranger (Official Video) / Beautiful Nigerian Girls Dancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.