Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,611 members, 7,861,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Dragons Den - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Dragons Den (586 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dragons Den by bxg(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to this special edition of Dragon's Den. This is where people bring their ideas and attempt to secure investment from our Dragon's. It's all the Dragon's own money so you must be able to stand up to the scrutiny of our investor's questioning.

Our first visitor into the den is Roy Hodgson - a 63 year old company manager from Liverpool. - Roy is looking for 200 million pound investment in his football team. He claims to have a plan to corner the market in Premiership trophies.

'Hello Dragon's. My name is Roy and I'm looking for 200 million pounds investment in return for anything you like really. You can own the whole club if you want.

I've recently made a few changes to the set up and I hope to win the Premier league trophy.'

(Peter Jones) - Have you got a working model?

(Roy) - Well sort of. (Shows video footage of Liverpool v Northampton Town 22.09.2010).

(Peter) - It doesn't work - I'm out.

(Deborah Meaden) - Can you tell me about your personal previous record.

(Roy) - Well I've previously run other similar size clubs.

(Deborah) - Did you win the premier league?

(Roy) - No

(Deborah) - I'm out.

(Theo) - Why should I invest my children's inheritance in this?

(Roy) - Well you see this business model has a history as a market leader in this field.

(Theo) - When did the club last win the premier league?

(Roy) - Well you see the premier league is still quite a fledgeling business area. It replaced something called Division One.

(Theo) - So when was this?

(Roy) - 1993.

(Theo) - Okay so when did you win it.

(Roy) - Well, er, never - but we were the best team many times before then.

(Theo) - How long ago?

(Roy) - Twenty years and counting.

(Theo) - I'm out.

(James Khan) - Roy. Tell me has there been any previous investment during those 20 years?

(Roy) - I believe so yes. 100's of millions have been poured in during that time.

(James) - And this Liverpool team never managed to achieve it's market aim? Doesn't that tell you something.

(Roy) - Well I think we have really got something unique.

(James) - This idea of yours could be replicated by numerous different businesses who might all manage the same as you. Perhaps Man City / Villa / Tottenham, you could pour similar quantities in to any of those and achieve - or even better what this Liverpool idea of yours is doing.

(Roy) - Well yes they all have followed our plan but over a shorter time scale.

(James) - And what were their end of year figures?

(Roy) - They were mostly better than ours.

(James) - I'm out.

(Duncan) - Roy. Av'e bin sat here listenein; to you. I'm the last wun in. This idea's ridiculas. - Am out

(the exits that way)

So Roy leaves the Den without securing his investment. Whilst the Dragon's tore his business idea to pieces they found it all quite amusing.
Re: Dragons Den by duduspace(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2010
Good one. grin grin
Re: Dragons Den by yousouph(m): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2010
Funny grin cheesy
Re: Dragons Den by bxg(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2010
Tanks
Re: Dragons Den by tkb417(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2010
cheesy i like
Re: Dragons Den by dayokanu(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2010
Can you do for ASSene wenGAY too?
Re: Dragons Den by feasy1(m): 8:18am On Sep 25, 2010
dayokanu:

Can you do for ASSene wenGAY too?

Trust the Dragons will invest with Wenger, going by the latest financial record. 

and all the dragons were outbidding each other,

(Theo) I was Chairman of Millwall FC for eight years, taking the club out of administration, into the Championship,to the FA Cup Final and into Europe.
Re: Dragons Den by dayokanu(m): 9:40am On Sep 25, 2010
When they check his empty trophy cabinet they would have a rethink
Re: Dragons Den by chamotex(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2010
dayokanu:

Dusty cabinet grin grin grin
Re: Dragons Den by A40(m): 12:06am On Sep 28, 2010
dayokanu:

Have you seen Arsenal's balance sheet?? Lol no Dragon would reject Wengernomics

Funny-a$$ article i must add
Re: Dragons Den by jalether(m): 12:38am On Sep 28, 2010
feasy1:

Trust the Dragons will invest with Wenger, going by the latest financial record. 

and all the dragons were outbidding each other,

(Theo) I was Chairman of Millwall FC for eight years, taking the club out of administration, into the Championship,to the FA Cup Final and into Europe.

A-40:

Have you seen Arsenal's balance sheet?? Lol no Dragon would reject Wengernomics

Funny-a$$ article i must add

Is the sole [/b]existence and purpose of a [b]football club to make profit or win laurels?
Re: Dragons Den by A40(m): 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2010
@Jalether
Did you miss the "Lol" in ma post or are you just having a bad day?

(1) (Reply)

What Could Stop Barcelona From Repeating As La Liga Champions? / What EXACTLY Does Roman "Baba Olowo" Abramovich Want? / Breaking News: Bayern Munich Vs Barcelona (uefa Champions League Semi Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.