Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

About Depression And Suicide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Depression And Suicide (473 Views)

For those battling the fear of DEATH And SUICIDE / Should A Spirit Filled Believer Succumb To Depression And Suicide? / Pastor Andrew Stoeklein Commits Suicide In California, Battled With Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Depression And Suicide by pressplay411(m): 7:48pm On May 17, 2019
Suicide is a product of depression. Depression is a product of sorrow and a loss of hope.

When we place our hopes on things that are material and temporal, we set ourselves up for disappointment.
But when you place your Hope in Christ and let Him through His Word and Holy Spirit teach and lead you through life, that is Eternal Life.

Psychologists, Therapists, Doctors are all still gifts from God due to our inadequacy of faith. They profer temporary solution to the capacity in which God gives them. Hence why true Doctors say all they can do is care for the sick, healing comes from God.

Do you believe God heals?
When doctors have tried all they can and given up on the extremely sick or cancerous or barren or anaemic, etc often times God steps in.
Unbelieving Doctors have given their lives to Christ in such scenarios.

Why this epistle?
Because I know how our generation has become so grown in Knowledge, we have thought in our hearts that we have outgrown the bible.
It was all prophesied.
I was one of such Apostates who ended up becoming an Atheist.

God has never stopped being God. We're the ones who keep growing farther from Him as pride sets into our hearts.

I found Christ when I was humbled. Then I made my way back to Him.
Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

All the glory we have given to Science, to Man, to Self- All belongs to God.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: About Depression And Suicide by jidenna21(m): 9:15pm On May 17, 2019
Depression is a medical condition.
You need more exposure, you sound very ridiculous. A typical black man thoughts

4 Likes

Re: About Depression And Suicide by jidenna21(m): 9:23pm On May 17, 2019
Psychotherapy is also known as talk therapy or psychological therapy. Different types of psychotherapy can be effective for depression, such as cognitive behavioral therapy or interpersonal therapy. Your mental health professional may also recommend other types of therapies.

Don't even waste your time seeing a pastor for that unproductive prayer unless you got some coins to flush. You may end up killing yourself.

1 Like

Re: About Depression And Suicide by pressplay411(m): 9:33pm On May 17, 2019
jidenna21:
Psychotherapy is also known as talk therapy or psychological therapy. Different types of psychotherapy can be effective for depression, such as cognitive behavioral therapy or interpersonal therapy. Your mental health professional may also recommend other types of therapies.

Don't even waste your time seeing a pastor for that unproductive prayer unless you got some coins to flush. You may end up killing yourself.

Have you wondered how come celebrities commit suicide after battling depression for years?
Ever wondered how many therapists, shrinks, prescriptions, etc they had?

I am not disputing the importance of medical treatment. I am simply saying it goes beyond it.

Life is a battle for the Human Soul.
Re: About Depression And Suicide by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 17, 2019
What causes suicide = depression.
What causes depression = mostly emotional trauma.
Some people committed suicide because they are traumatized in their relationship. Their love, I meant the entire love of their entire life, which they place in an imperfect man/woman made of dead flesh betrayed or jilted them.
Some people committed suicide because they thought there's no way they can come out of their troubles. They thought the whole world is placed on their shoulder. They've tried every means but non is working, they thought it's the end of the world and the only way to get out of it is to kill themselves so they committed suicide.
Some committed suicide just to punish others, like their family or parents. they felt unloved or treated badly and they thought the only way they can get back at them is to commit suicide, that's foolishness.

If you look at the three examples I gave up there of people that committed suicide, you will realize that it all bores down to emotional trauma, most of these people are not disabled in any way or any form, they are only traumatized, at that point they felt so weak that they forgot that they are one of the strongest creature in the universe, understand that strength is not by physical muscle, they felt so inferior that they forgot that they are the most loved creature in the whole of creation!

Yes! The truth is everyone of us including me have been at that level, but what made me alive today is the fact that I realize something, and what is it? I discovered that This World Is A Battle Field, and you don't get to kill yourself, and try not to get killed by something else You Have To Be STRONG

But when we realize our weaknesses and see that it is taking a toll on us then we ran to someone who is stronger than us or even stronger than all, whom can help us in the face of the battle.

Many attimes God encourages us but we don't get to see it, because we felt we are alone, no we are not. I've seen angels encouraging me when I'm faced with battles, Jesus was encouraged by an angel in that garden that night when it feels like everyone has deserted him. In such manner God encourages us all have you lost that sweet relationship? Are you mostly hated by the ones that ought to love you most? Or is the whole world against you and decides to sit on your shoulder?

Remember its a battle and you have to fight! I won't be there with you, nobody might even be there with you, but you can always win, if you want to, yes you can and you will always win, believe me, just be strong!!! The battle may tarry but stay strong! Believe it's just a phase in your life that will pass and all things will get better

Stay strong for your kids born or unborn, stay strong for your family, stay strong for your friends, stay strong for your Heavenly Father, stay strong for us all!!
We love you!

2 Likes

Re: About Depression And Suicide by pressplay411(m): 8:38pm On May 22, 2019
Tosinex:
Some people committed suicide because they are traumatized in their relationship. Their love, I meant the entire love of their entire life, which they place in an imperfect man/woman made of dead flesh betrayed or jilted them.
Some people committed suicide because they thought there's no way they can come out of their troubles. They thought the whole world is placed on their shoulder. They've tried every means but non is working, they thought it's the end of the world and the only way to get out of it is to kill themselves so they committed suicide.
Some committed suicide just to punish others, like their family or parents. they felt unloved or treated badly and they thought the only way they can get back at them is to commit suicide, that's foolishness.

If you look at the three examples I gave up there of people that committed suicide, you will realize that it all bores down to emotional trauma, most of these people are not disabled in any way or any form, they are only traumatized, at that point they felt so weak that they forgot that they are one of the strongest creature in the universe, understand that strength is not by physical muscle, they felt so inferior that they forgot that they are the most loved creature in the whole of creation!

Yes! The truth is everyone of us including me have been at that level, but what made me alive today is the fact that I realize something, and what is it? I discovered that This World Is A Battle Field, and you don't get to kill yourself, and try not to get killed by something else You Have To Be STRONG

But when we realize our weaknesses and see that it is taking a toll on us then we ran to someone who is stronger than us or even stronger than all, whom can help us in the face of the battle.

Many attimes God encourages us but we don't get to see it, because we felt we are alone, no we are not. I've seen angels encouraging me when I'm faced with battles, Jesus was encouraged by an angel in that garden that night when it feels like everyone has deserted him. In such manner God encourages us all have you lost that sweet relationship? Are you mostly hated by the ones that ought to love you most? Or is the whole world against you and decides to sit on your shoulder?

Remember its a battle and you have to fight! I won't be there with you, nobody might even be there with you, but you can always win, if you want to, yes you can and you will always win, believe me, just be strong!!! The battle may tarry but stay strong! Believe it's just a phase in your life that will pass and all things will get better

Stay strong for your kids born or unborn, stay strong for your family, stay strong for your friends, stay strong for your Heavenly Father, stay strong for us all!!
We love you!

Well said. Thanks for sharing.
To anyone going through emotional trauma, this is for you.

If you can only weather the storm, the sunshine after is just so beautiful and certainly worth living for.
It's always darkest just before the Dawn Of A New Day!

Your New Day is about to Dawn.
And when it dawns, you will be shocked you ever considered suicide. True story.

1 Like

Re: About Depression And Suicide by OkCornel(m): 6:45am On May 23, 2019
jidenna21:
Depression is a medical condition.
You need more exposure, you sound very ridiculous. A typical black man thoughts

No doubt... there's the medical angle to it.

I think what one chooses to focus his or her mind on leaves the person vulnerable to depression.

Depressed people more often than not focus on negatives intensely and for a long period of time this leading to a feeling of hopelessness and worthlessness...
Re: About Depression And Suicide by OkCornel(m): 6:50am On May 23, 2019
Tosinex:

We love you!

Well said bro...

To be more specific, THE MIND IS A BATTLEFIELD.

The mind is also like a fertile soil. If one does not make conscious effort to weed out negative thoughts... You'll have a mental garden full of weed and thorns...

1 Like

Re: About Depression And Suicide by pressplay411(m): 10:18pm On May 24, 2019
OkCornel:

Well said bro...

To be more specific, THE MIND IS A BATTLEFIELD.

The mind is also like a fertile soil. If one does not make conscious effort to weed out negative thoughts... You'll have a mental garden full of weed and thorns...

Not just a battlefield but THE BATTLEFIELD.
You said it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About Depression And Suicide by Nobody: 6:23am On May 25, 2019
Speaking from experience, being once a seriously depressed person at some point, depression is basically a result of lack of knowledge.

For every other thing that leads to depression, such as a misplacement of priorities, placing focus on and overrating the wrong things, and pride, all are as a result of a lack of knowledge.

For all these things wrapped into one was what made me so depressed that even the simplest of things like getting out of my bed became a mountainous task for me to do.

And my head was usually in the depressed position... but just a few Words from God while I was in the bathroom taking my bath, and it was finished.

For just the knowledge that came from those Words crushed my depression and made it immediately cease to exist.

And the amazing thing is that all those problems and difficulties that made me depressed were still there, but they no longer had power to make me depressed because I now had the knowledge that made me to see them in the light of their true worth.

So it was lack of knowledge that caused my depression not anything else for once I received that knowledge that was it, the end of my depression.

And I have been a living witness of that not just from my own experience, but I have seen it work wonders in the lives of people i know, for when I see them depressed and I just use what worked for me to treat their depression which is the knowledge of the Truth, and the knowledge of the Truth would set them free from their depression.

Once i was amazed when someone whose depression I treated with what worked for, treated another person's depression with what worked for him, and the person was testifying that it was exactly what I used on him that he used on someone else.

Maybe this is the reason God said my people perish for lack of knowledge, for it is the lack of knowledge in God's perspective(not that of the world for emphasis) that causes depression in people and makes them to want to end their lives.

So it's the lack of that knowledge basically that is the root of all depression, which leads people to commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: About Depression And Suicide by pressplay411(m): 6:39am On May 25, 2019
jesusjnr:
Speaking from experience, being once a seriously depressed person at some point, depression is basically a result of lack of knowledge.

For every other thing that leads to depression, such as a misplacement of priorities, placing focus on and overrating the wrong things, and pride, all are as a result of a lack of knowledge.

For all these things wrapped into one was what made me so depressed that even the simplest of things like getting out of my bed became a mountainous task for me to do.

And my head was usually in the depressed position... but just a few Words from God while I was in the bathroom taking my bath, and it was finished.

For just the knowledge that came from those Words crushed my depression and made it immediately cease to exist.

And the amazing thing is that all those problems and difficulties that made me depressed were still there, but they no longer had power to make me depressed because I now had the knowledge that made me to see them in the light of their true worth.

So it was lack of knowledge that caused my depression not anything else for once I received that knowledge that was it, the end of my depression.

And I have been a living witness of that not just from my own experience, but I have seen it work wonders in the lives of people i know, for when I see them depressed and I just use what worked for me to treat their depression which is the knowledge of the Truth, and the knowledge of the Truth would set them free from their depression.

Once i was amazed when someone whose depression I treated with what worked for, treated another person's depression with what worked for him, and the person was testifying that it was exactly what I used on him that he used on someone else.

Maybe this is the reason God said my people perish for lack of knowledge, for it is the lack of knowledge in God's perspective(not that of the world for emphasis) that causes depression in people and makes them to want to end their lives.

So it's the lack of that knowledge basically that is the root of all depression, which leads people to commit suicide.

Well said.
Every problem of man is as a result of lack of knowledge. Some times knowledge transcends access of information but also a right understanding of that information.

Truly, as you rightly said in your case, God spoke a word to you (perhaps from the word bank in your heart), a word you already knew, but your new understanding of it created an ember of hope and light that obliterated your depressive thoughts.

The gospel of Christ, the Truth is hardly alien to any one in our country, but they have simply not received the right understanding of it because their heart is not right with God. God is always reaching out to every heart but until man starts to reach out for God's heart, in humility, he will most likely not see God even right in front of him.

May God give us His Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding.
Re: About Depression And Suicide by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 01, 2019
pressplay411:

Well said.
Every problem of man is as a result of lack of knowledge. Some times knowledge transcends access of information but also a right understanding of that information.

Truly, as you rightly said in your case, God spoke a word to you (perhaps from the word bank in your heart), a word you already knew, but your new understanding of it created an ember of hope and light that obliterated your depressive thoughts.

The gospel of Christ, the Truth is hardly alien to any one in our country, but they have simply not received the right understanding of it because their heart is not right with God. God is always reaching out to every heart but until man starts to reach out for God's heart, in humility, he will most likely not see God even right in front of him.

May God give us His Wisdom, Knowledge and Understanding.
You have a point with respect to the right understanding of the gospel of Jesus, for it was actually that knowledge that kick started my walk at my current level of faith, and unsurprisingly the inspiration behind my affinity with the Words of Jesus.

For it opened my eyes to see it in a different light as it was actually the basis upon which His Words were hinged, so It made me better appreciate it for the unprecedented treasure that it is, and hence give it the kind of respect that
it deserves.

That up til now I still wonder how people are not able to see the extent of capacity I see in those Words, but at the same time i'm able to understand that this what Jesus meant when he said that unless the knowledge is given to someone, that he cannot receive it.

Thanks a lot bro and God bless.
Re: About Depression And Suicide by UceeGod: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
As far as I'm concerned, increase in cases of depression is a direct result of ungrateful heart even among Christians. Pride and idolatry has pervaded the many churches today because of worldly influence. How do you explain a physically strong and able-bodied young person deciding to end his God-given life if not for INGRATITUDE to the Giver of life.

A lot of our young people need to start visiting the General Hospital frequently to discover how lucky and blessed we are.
Re: About Depression And Suicide by pressplay411(m): 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
jesusjnr:
You have a point with respect to the right understanding of the gospel of Jesus, for it was actually that knowledge that kick started my walk at my current level of faith, and unsurprisingly the inspiration behind my affinity with the Words of Jesus.

For it opened my eyes to see it in a different light as it was actually the basis upon which His Words were hinged, so It made me better appreciate it for the unprecedented treasure that it is, and hence give it the kind of respect that
it deserves.

That up til now I still wonder how people are not able to see the extent of capacity I see in those Words, but at the same time i'm able to understand that this what Jesus meant when he said that unless the knowledge is given to someone, that he cannot receive it.

Thanks a lot bro and God bless.

You're welcome brother.
More Grace and Understanding and Capacity to us all.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crowd Screaming As Woman Allegedly Heals Crippled Man On The Road In Akure / Proof That Homosexuality In Animals Wasn't So In The Beginning / How Would You Know If God Gives You Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.